Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here?
(12-05-2017, 01:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: don't know how marv screwed the pooch...

Dropped passes and penalties screwed the pooch...

The team showed a complete lack of poise in the second half once again. It's not a coincidence that it's happened countless times. Those pesky in-game adjustments that are mere "journalist jargon"  Whatever   

That falls on coaching.  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:27 PM)WhoDeyLeisure Wrote: That clown literally worships every play on every time.

"Let me tell ya, that guy right there is just a FOOTBALL player, he's the best I've seen at the _____ position in the National FOOTBALL league".

This is precisely why I can't stand watching MNF. I very much dislike Gruden as an announcer.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:58 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: The team showed a complete lack of poise in the second half once again. It's not a coincidence that it's happened countless times. Those pesky in-game adjustments that are mere "journalist jargon"  Whatever   

That falls on coaching.  

Professional players don't need coached or motivated. They should perform at their highest level at all times because they are getting paid to do so...right Marvin?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Seems like a good move to me. Also, I just quit my office job to go flip burgers.
Reply/Quote
Gruden is out of the league due to his failures to find or develop a QB to run his system. Not sure I want that for the Bengals although I like his attitude.

I like Dabo Swinney from Clemson, but I'd hate to see Mike Brown destroy another coach's career.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: I admit, I expected a shellacking last night.  Team showed a lot of guts last night.....I gotta give them that.

I kind of understand why you would, but i thought as long as the O-line kept up what they did against Cleveland
in the running game it would be a close one. The Steelers secondary is not all that great and if you can run a bit
on them you can throw it. But in the end once again coaching was the problem.

Too many penalties, much more conservative playcalling in the 2nd half, lack of poise as Pat spoke of, terrible
2nd half adjustments once again, don't know what Will Jax was doing on the Bell TD catch.

We need a coaching overhaul and this team can play with anybody, even the Pats.
Reply/Quote
IMHO, i don't think Jon Gruden will come here,maybe not because he doesn't want to,but, he ain't stupid. If he coaches anywhere, he knows he would need to have control over all player operations! He also knows his coaching is in great demand in the NFL, and he could go wherever he gets the best deal!  I don't know about the Charger game that was mentioned, but he belongs to a group of coaches wearing a Super Bowl ring!
Reply/Quote
Time to face fact the window on this team has closed. Lewis terrible job as head coach wasted all that talent
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:52 PM)Trademark Wrote: He was gushing over the team last night, also if his brother gets canned we can bring him back in some role too. That’s a dream scenario though

He gushes over players all the time, it's his thing. If he leaves TV, it won't be to coach the Bengals.

Also, he always looks like he's smelling his own fart, and oddly enjoying it.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:52 PM)Trademark Wrote: He was gushing over the team last night, also if his brother gets canned we can bring him back in some role too. That’s a dream scenario though

NO....and no other big name coach people mention want to coach for Mike Brown in Cincinnati....Some of you are too young to remember this. That no big name coach would come here. After Dave Shula, Coslett and LeBeau they did the smart thing. NFL teams were not hiring black coaches. So Bengals unable to get big name white coach broke the color line and hired Marvin Lewis.  Under these other 3, no play-offs in 12 years. Under Lewis 7 play-offs in 15 years, so there was improvement. 

Mike Brown is still here, team still plays in Cincinnati and no big name coach is coming here...a big reason I say make Bill Lazor head coach that Jon Gruden and Tony Romo are raving about for his great play calling and coaching he has done since he replaced Zampese in week 3.....No way I want NO WIN HUE. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Gruden coach in Cincy? He doesn't even want to call a game there. Cincy has Skyline Chili and what else?
Reply/Quote
He was gushing over us..we would be his best option. He knows alot about us.
Reply/Quote
99.999999% sure Jon Gruden will not be coaching the Bengals. Always leave open the chance of oil being discovered underneath the practice facility but I have this on pretty good authority.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
It wasn't Marvin dropping passes or collecting the refs laundry. It wasn't Marvin that allowed Bell to run right past him for a touchdown. Was it Marvin that rang Browns head in the play offs and allowed the Steelers to win ? This team self destructs. But it is Marvin that can't keep the guys heads right. I think the guy knows the x and o's but, he has no control at times over his players. Front office too is guilty of not demanding better conduct. If Marvin is still welcomed by the front office and wants to stay for a championship, he needs to rattle this team by getting rid of the dead weight, the non producers and the ones that, always seem to be in the mix of things. My opinion, Burfict and Pacman need to go. The Bengals aren't collecting trophies with these two anyway. Show the team, " we are a a focused mature bunch or you are gone. " Burfict isn't Gods gift to football. In the past there were a few players that undermined the teams focus and the coaches ability to keep the team focused. I hate New England but, there is a reason they win. You don't see this shit going on with them or minimal at most. Gronk was an ass last week and I think he is a dumb ass personally too but, that usually never goes on. Look around the league, usually the ones that are successful, they are not making the news via infamous results.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 06:05 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: He was gushing over us..we would be his best option. He knows alot about us.

that's just Gruden, is this the first time you've seen him do a game?
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Mike Brown would be like, "Sure Jon, you can come coach here, but you must keep Paul Alexander. And Paul Guenther. And Darrin Simmons. And Kevin Coyle. And Jonathan Hayes. And James Urban. And Chip Morton. And we have to keep Michael Johnson, Adam Jones, and Brandon LaFell through their contracts next year. But other than that, you can change things!"

[Image: NYgeFBY.gif]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 07:06 PM)jowczarski Wrote: 99.999999% sure Jon Gruden will not be coaching the Bengals. Always leave open the chance of oil being discovered underneath the practice facility but I have this on pretty good authority.

It's Christmas season. It's OK to believe for a moment or two, dreams will come true and the other 11 months of the year does not exist, right? If not? I'm going to go to Walmart tomorrow and punch the Salvation Army bell holder in the face! This is your call. Tell me! LOL...

Reply/Quote
John Gruden' a blabbering idiot. If we're looking to hire a blabbering idiot, Tony Romo seems more knowledgeable.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:35 PM)jason Wrote: John Gruden' a blabbering idiot. If we're looking to hire a blabbering idiot, Tony Romo seems more knowledgeable.

I sort of agree. I think Gruden knows football, and can coach just fine. However, I don't think he does enough research on the teams he's covering.
Reply/Quote

The better question is why would we want jon gruden to be our next head coach?
Reply/Quote