Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking the line will keep inproving
(09-22-2017, 12:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Next season under an entire new regime, yes they will.

Yes with a new regime who replaces all 5 positions even boling is overrated by this board the whole line is garbage wouldn't even compete for back up spots on a lot of other teams
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 02:36 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Nowhere to go but up !
Check out this clip. Watch Ogeebogee and Bovine in action.

https://twitter.com/LanceMcAlister/status/907268939981484034
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 01:49 PM)Derrick Wrote: Check out this clip. Watch Ogeebogee and Bovine in action.

https://twitter.com/LanceMcAlister/status/907268939981484034

LMAO  Can't help but crack up at that. 
Reply/Quote
It looks like they're playing on ice and everyone else is on solid ground.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 01:07 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Watching thursday night game. Based on the new cba and the fact starters rarely play together in pre season.  Collinsworth said it would take 2 to 3 games for lines to develop cohesion. Even Belichek said the lack of padded practices is affecting offensive line play all across the league. I thought the line improved  slightly against texans.  So I wouldn't ride the line off just yet

It might take 2 to 3 games for a good line that's been together for years it will take our line longer since we have three new guys on our oline. Lets hope Lazor can work around that and still put up points even though we have a line that is still coming together.
Reply/Quote
We should of played the starters a lot more during preseason to get the team working better together and not worried so much about injuries. I think teams will do this in the future to prepare their teams for the first game of the year.
Reply/Quote
The issues I see don't appear to be cohesiveness...they appear to be guys getting beat individually. Like Ced has guys blow by him. Bodine ends up on the ground.

Those are individual talent issues.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 05:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The issues I see don't appear to be cohesiveness...they appear to be guys getting beat individually. Like Ced has guys blow by him. Bodine ends up on the ground.

Those are individual talent issues.

Yep, and I blame lack of hazing.  Had those guys been hazed tougher, they likely would have just quit.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 02:36 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Nowhere to go but up !

Well...there is also the IR, but that too might be heading up.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 07:23 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Well...there is also the IR, but that too might be heading up.

Doubt there's much an X-QB coach can do with these guys. Heck, BB couldn't do much with these guys. However, he would be smart enough to not have them in the first place. Our OL is NE's practice squad! Ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 11:53 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I have heard various analyst say that O-line play is down this year league wide. It's just not us. Monday night the Giants line looked crappy and the day before GB's line looked bad and made Rodgers look like a has been. I do think they will get better, but I have no clue how much better that is. Alexander seems reluctant fix Cedric's hand placement or lack of. Or anything else that is wrong.... I can't believe they can't move Johnson to center and move Redmon or Westerman to RG.  Didn't Redmon play LT at UCLA?

" I can't believe they can't move Johnson to center and move Redmon or Westerman to RG." 

I remember last year when we played the Ravens in Baltimore they benched Bodine and Johnson came in at center on a drive where the Bengals scored a TD and looked decent. I was like the coaching staff is finally benching Bodine thank god, then they put Bodine right back in the next series and he stunk up the joint. Bodine is a free agent next year so hopefully we can draft or address Center in free agency. We haven't had a good center since Rich Braham, hopefully we have a new center and head coach next season, among many other things.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 01:07 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Watching thursday night game. Based on the new cba and the fact starters rarely play together in pre season.  Collinsworth said it would take 2 to 3 games for lines to develop cohesion. Even Belichek said the lack of padded practices is affecting offensive line play all across the league. I thought the line improved  slightly against texans.  So I wouldn't ride the line off just yet

It's still early in the season, but when you factor in that Ogbuehi and Fisher are in their third year and Bodine is in his 4th, it's tough to imagine them getting significantly better.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 09:18 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It's still early in the season, but when you factor in that Ogbuehi and Fisher are in their third year and Bodine is in his 4th, it's tough to imagine them getting significantly better.

Very tough and it may take more than one year to improve. them.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 04:17 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Seattle has been looking for cohesion for a few years.

Andy isn't exactly a statue back there a la Neil O'Donnell, but Seattle also has the most elusive QB in the league.  

But you are right.  They haven't been the same since trading Max Unger.  
Reply/Quote
The O line did play better against the texans. Still not a good O line, but better than the first game. But then they lost Hopkins, so cohesion may be interrupted a little. I think they will develop into a serviceable line, but not much more.
Reply/Quote
the line has been better every week so far i'm encouraged
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:06 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: the line has been better every week so far i'm encouraged

It was the play calling that made them look better today. Still terrible.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:06 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: the line has been better every week so far i'm encouraged

The Packers were missing their best DT and Nick Perry who is their best pass rushing LB...and Dalton was still under a bunch of pressure.

Also Mixon only averaged 3.4 ypc.

Putting Andre Smith in seems to have helped some.
Reply/Quote
i saw Smith in at left tackle in overtime. what happened to #70?
Reply/Quote
Our oline was much better than Green Bay's
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote