Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is One Whacky Year In Football
Watching the Browns get destroyed today and the Jets looking like the Jets every game except against us makes me wonder where does this team really stand?

It is such a whacky year. Every team seems to be shaky at times, especially in the AFC. Will be interesting to see what the Bengals do coming out of the bye.

Zac like the car salesman he is was touting this past offseason that Bengal fans are going to be very surprised at what will happen this season. Well he has a chance to go either way this second half. Will he live up to his quote or will he sell you a lemon that breaks down 3 miles away from the car dealership?
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 07:22 PM)GodFather Wrote: Watching the Browns get destroyed today and the Jets looking like the Jets every game except against us makes me wonder where does this team really stand?

It is such a whacky year. Every team seems to be shaky at times, especially in the AFC. Will be interesting to see what the Bengals do coming out of the bye.

Zac like the car salesman he is was touting this past offseason that Bengal fans are going to be very surprised at what will happen this season. Well he has a chance to go either way this second half. Will he live up to his quote or will he sell you a lemon that breaks down 3 miles away from the car dealership?

Yep, it's been a wild season so far, and especially in the AFC.

12 teams now have 5 or more wins...and 7 of them have had a blowout loss. 

Talk about parity! Mellow
Reply/Quote
I'll take it since it allows us Bengals fans a reason to remain invested in the rest of the season. We have hope for the playoffs instead of starting the debate for who we take in round 1.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 07:22 PM)GodFather Wrote: Watching the Browns get destroyed today and the Jets looking like the Jets every game except against us makes me wonder where does this team really stand?

Sorry, but I have an explanation. I watched the games naked today. Probably threw the earth's axis off. I kinda lean to the left. My bad!  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 08:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sorry, but I have an explanation. I watched the games naked today. Probably threw the earth's axis off. I kinda lean to the left. My bad!  Ninja

You know what you gotta do.

[Image: 13838012._SX540_.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Yup

I believe every team in the NFL has lost to a team the should have beaten fairly easily.
Reply/Quote
Should make for some really interesting week 16 & 17 scenarios. Having KC and CLE those weeks is not good IMO. Team is going to have to really dig in to beat some desperate teams with playoff hopes.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 09:47 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

I believe every team in the NFL has lost to a team the should have beaten fairly easily.

Yes for sure but then you watch the Patriots today and you see what coaching does. The Pats players aren't as talented as us but they get the job done in convincing fashion. Their offense tore up the defense countering the Browns gameplan.

Zac and company just don't have that...if they did we would've won some of these games!
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 09:52 PM)GodFather Wrote: Yes for sure but then you watch the Patriots today and you see what coaching does. The Pats players aren't as talented as us but they get the job done in convincing fashion. Their offense tore up the defense countering the Browns gameplan.

Zac and company just don't have that...if they did we would've won some of these games!

Right it's a perfect example of how coaching matters.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 07:22 PM)GodFather Wrote: It is such a whacky year. Every team seems to be shaky at times, especially in the AFC. Will be interesting to see what the Bengals do coming out of the bye.

Love it. Makes it more fun.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 09:47 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

Aside from the '72 Dolphins, this is always the case in the Super Bowl era. I'm in the DC/Balt area and remember when Washington sucked, but still beat Dallas on the way to the Super Bowl. Patriots came close before Eli snatched their heart out. Few teams actually lose all 16 games. Even the horrible teams usually will get 1 or 2 wins. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 09:57 PM)Destro Wrote: Aside from the '72 Dolphins, this is always the case in the Super Bowl era. I'm in the DC/Balt area and remember when Washington sucked, but still beat Dallas on the way to the Super Bowl. Patriots came close before Eli snatched their heart out. Few teams actually lose all 16 games. Even the horrible teams usually will get 1 or 2 wins. 

Oh yes I get that. But it just seems a bit worse this season. 
Reply/Quote
It’s this new 17 game schedule
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 09:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh yes I get that. But it just seems a bit worse this season. 

Oh, no, it is 4 games a week that are like WTF!!
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 09:52 PM)GodFather Wrote: Yes for sure but then you watch the Patriots today and you see what coaching does. The Pats players aren't as talented as us but they get the job done in convincing fashion. Their offense tore up the defense countering the Browns gameplan.

U r spot on. Josh McDaniels completely made the Brown pass rush irrelevant.   Coaching matters 
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 08:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sorry, but I have an explanation. I watched the games naked today. Probably threw the earth's axis off. I kinda lean to the left. My bad!  Ninja

You leaning left whilst naked is far too much information unless you're suddenly a card carrying naked commie. Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

So wha was coaching the Patriots earlier this season when they lost to the Dolphins?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 12:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So wha was coaching the Patriots earlier this season when they lost to the Dolphins?

Well if you watched the game you would've seen they fumbled in field goal range. Also with a rookie QB in his first game. So yeah nice try...

Here's the point your missing, they didnt start off strong but have been adjusting and coaching up and now are 6-4. This is a team that doesnt have huge stars.

But keep trying...one of these days....maybe...
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 01:39 AM)GodFather Wrote: Well if you watched the game you would've seen they fumbled in field goal range. Also with a rookie QB in his first game. So yeah nice try...

Here's the point your missing, they didnt start off strong but have been adjusting and coaching up and now are 6-4. This is a team that doesnt have huge stars.

But keep trying...one of these days....maybe...

Yeah, the Patriots cut Cam Newton and decided to let Mac Jones learn on the job and they were 2-4 and now they are 6-4.  I guess we will see how things shake out, but it's like their rebuild took a month and ours is taking 6 years and the Raiders are taking 20+ years and the Lions rebuild seems to be taking 60+ years.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 02:38 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, the Patriots cut Cam Newton and decided to let Mac Jones learn on the job and they were 2-4 and now they are 6-4.  I guess we will see how things shake out, but it's like their rebuild took a month and ours is taking 6 years and the Raiders are taking 20+ years and the Lions rebuild seems to be taking 60+ years.

They had basicallly half of their entire defense come back this year. People forget that not only did Brady leave last year, an abnormal amount of their team opted out due to covid last year.
Reply/Quote