Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is One Whacky Year In Football
(11-17-2021, 09:56 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Latest depth chart disagrees. Hargreaves isn’t going to touch the field this year barring some injuries. Flowers departure was applauded by Seattle fans. All 3 are bums, but Apple is the most familiar with the scheme and players so he’s going to be out there the rest of the year.

Oh, I knew they're all three bums, I just figured one of them might unseat Apple with how bad he's gotten torched lately....well most of the time, lol. I read an article speculating on it a day or two ago, maybe on Stripe Hype. I'm just thinking...how many times you gotta watch dude get burnt to a crisp before trying something else? Who the hell knows if Wayne's will ever play.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 09:56 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Latest depth chart disagrees. Hargreaves isn’t going to touch the field this year barring some injuries. Flowers departure was applauded by Seattle fans. All 3 are bums, but Apple is the most familiar with the scheme and players so he’s going to be out there the rest of the year.

This isn't the article I read, but here's one talking about more reps and potential PT for them and Phillips after the bye, according to Zac.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/15/bengals-reps-tre-flowers-vernon-hargreaves/

Reply/Quote

Just an updated article corroborating what you said....

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/17/bengals-keep-eli-apple-starter-trae-waynes-out/

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 09:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: No, I agree. They really need that Raiders game.I think with Hargreaves, and maybe even Flowers, being here a little while now and through the bye, we may have seen the last of Apple.

Apparently not, and Apple is an easy target as the one deep ball against the Browns looked to be his fault, but it was later revealed that Bell was supposed to be his help over the top.  

Apple, and the entire secondary, will look a lot better when the front gets more pressure.  Ditto the LBs.  The Raiders have far from a good offensive line and without Ruggs, no vertical threat.  They need to drop Bell down in to the box and play more single-high with Bates (his strength) against the Raiders.  

Stop their run game, slow their intermediate game, and put Chido on Waller (who oddly is their vertical threat and they take LOTS of shots with him), and we can hold them to 20 points.  I strongly believe Burrow will be dealing 30 burgers a lot of the rest of the season.  The defense needs to find some of its early form and that starts with pressure from the four down linemen. 

Regardless if that happens or not (the pressure from 4), I really want to see Hilton on a couple blizes, Pratt and Wilson in double-A gap blitzes, and maybe even Bell or Phillips, who seems to have a solid knack at pass rushing, get after Carr.  Stop waiting for mistakes that won't happen and try to force some.  

EDIT:  I didn't remember seeing that Desean Jackson signed with them, and had a big fumble last week, but will still get some deep shots.  I just really hope the Bengals don't give up 30 plays underneath, trying to prevent the one over the top.  
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:  I just really hope the Bengals don't give up 30 plays underneath, trying to prevent the one over the top.  

Until the defense can stop it, teams are going to go at them and test them. Raiders are good at this too, and I've never had faith in Lou.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 10:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: This isn't the article I read, but here's one talking about more reps and potential PT for them and Phillips after the bye, according to Zac.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/15/bengals-reps-tre-flowers-vernon-hargreaves/

(11-18-2021, 04:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Just an updated article corroborating what you said....

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/17/bengals-keep-eli-apple-starter-trae-waynes-out/

I didn't hear anything to indicate that Apple had the position locked up for the rest of the year (if Waynes does not return).

Instead it sounds like Apple has the position for now, but the coaches are looking at other options.

Like I said before, I don't think Phillips will get much of a chance because he wa critical of the coaches last year.  Not saying Phillips is a good, consistent CB, but he has a knack for PDs and INTs.
Reply/Quote