Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Sums Up This Season
[Image: fat+lady+sings-feature.jpeg]
Season's over. There won't be a playoff loss to disappoint us because this team isn't going to the playoffs. Can it get worse?

Yes...after this disappointing season ends we will see another Lewis extension for a year.

Rinse...Lather...Repeat
Reply/Quote
Ugh! More negativity?

Bengals beat Pat's 21-13.

Damn! Madonna got Huuuuuge!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
With 11 games left, I still think it's far too early to say the season is over or that they won't make the playoffs, but I do think there are some glaring problems that need to be fixed...and fixed quickly.

So far this season, they've played 3 teams that currently have winning records. They are 0-3 against those teams, losing all 3 games by 8 or more points and scoring 17 or less in each. 

The 2 wins thus far are against teams that are a combined 2-8, and even in those games, the offense only managed 3 total TD's. 

If they lose to NE next week and go 2-4...things do get more difficult.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ugh! More negativity?

While I can certainly appreciate the hopeful positive thinking... that just isn't happening. Thiso team just got worked by a mediocre team with a rookie QB. In Foxborough they are going to get beating horribly. 

Just have to hope the fans get up in arms enough that Mike realizes that it is time for a new voice to lead this team. 2-4 with the roster the Bengals have is unacceptable. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: With 11 games left, I still think it's far too early to say the season is over or that they won't make the playoffs, but I do think there are some glaring problems that need to be fixed...and fixed quickly.

So far this season, they've played 3 teams that currently have winning records. They are 0-3 against those teams, losing all 3 games by 8 or more points and scoring 17 or less in each. 

The 2 wins thus far are against teams that are a combined 2-8, and even in those games, the offense only managed 3 total TD's. 

If they lose to NE next week and go 2-5...that's a pretty big hole to dig, and could be very difficult to overcome.  

Cmon, you know the season is over. If you think for a second we are going to go into New England and win, is completely insane. It won't happen. I would bet the farm on it. So basically we would have to win out the rest of the year to get into the playoffs. Just isn't going to happen.

I would bet this team finishes closer to 8-8 after watching the first five games. The offensive line has made EVERY defense we've played thus far look like superstars. And the defense hasn't exactly dominated this year.

Its what it has always been...the coaching. Marvin Lewis and company don't have what it takes to compete with the big boys. Lewis never has...
Reply/Quote
We all know it is about LOYALTY with Mike Brown, not results. Marvin could go 2-14 the rest of the season and as long as he is willing to be there, Mike will accept him with open arms.....and another contract extension. Sad Reality of being a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote

There are definitely reasons for concern, but I agree...too early to throw in the towel.

A win in NE would be amazing, but I'll admit that my confidence in that happening is almost nonexistent right now.  Sad
Reply/Quote
I don't know how you watch that performance today and walk away confident that they still have a chance at the postseason. There are serious, glaring issues with this team.

Dalton will not survive the season behind this offensive line.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:56 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: We all know it is about LOYALTY with Mike Brown, not results. Marvin could go 2-14 the rest of the season and as long as he is willing to be there, Mike will accept him with open arms.....and another contract extension. Sad Reality of being a Bengals fan.

Unfortunately that is the Mike Brown blueprint. The front office is so damn lazy. The OC hiring after Hue left was so predictable and yet disgusting how lazy they are hiring coaching staff. 
Reply/Quote
The hair was their strength.

Maualuga and Burfict cut theirs and I think Hewitt did as well, and let's not forget losing 20 Nelson's hair too.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote

Every week is a new week in the NFL, so why not? Keep on smilin', my friend!
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:58 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I don't know how you watch that performance today and walk away confident that they still have a chance at the postseason.  There are serious, glaring issues with this team.  

Dalton will not survive the season behind this offensive line.

Ill say one positive thing. I was very hard on Dalton in his early years but he is a pro. That guy has heart and really has been playing great since last year. I was getting so angry that the offensive line is so bad the defense was waiting for Dalton when he dropped back to pass. 

Dalton is a huge bright spot on this completely disappointing 2016 team we have.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:55 PM)GodFather Wrote: Cmon, you know the season is over. If you think for a second we are going to go into New England and win, is completely insane. It won't happen. I would bet the farm on it. So basically we would have to win out the rest of the year to get into the playoffs. Just isn't going to happen.

I would bet this team finishes closer to 8-8 after watching the first five games. The offensive line has made EVERY defense we've played thus far look like superstars. And the defense hasn't exactly dominated this year.

Its what it has always been...the coaching. Marvin Lewis and company don't have what it takes to compete with the big boys. Lewis never has...

I'm not saying that they will make the playoffs, or even finish better than 8-8. I'm just saying, that with 11 games left, I also think it's still too early to say they won't. 

Like I've said, there are very real issues with this team right now that have to be fixed pretty damn quickly. If that doesn't happen somehow, then yeah, we could be in for a long season. 

As for Marvin...don't get me started.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:02 PM)GodFather Wrote: Ill say one positive thing. I was very hard on Dalton in his early years but he is a pro. That guy has heart and really has been playing great since last year. I was getting so angry that the offensive line is so bad the defense was waiting for Dalton when he dropped back to pass. 

Dalton is a huge bright spot on this completely disappointing 2016 team we have.

Completely agree about Dalton. 
Reply/Quote
Fire Marvin
Reply/Quote

I like your optimism, but the offensive line just got destroyed by the statistically worst defensive line in the league!! Unless they make a trade for some linemen it's not happening this year! The loss of Andre Smith, Jones, and Sanu was too much!!

As far as the defense is concerned losing Reggie Nelson was the wrong choice, and Pauline G is certainly no Zimmer!! I don't know what's wrong with Geno and the D- Line, but can only figure it is lack of coaching and motivation!
Reply/Quote
Geno and our linebackers got handled. Our offensive looked terrible instead of just mediocre, which it has been up until this game. We came out flat against a team that was ready to play. Zeke Elliot is just a damn load. All that equals an embarrassing loss.

Now we go to New England. Damn!
Reply/Quote
It sure would be nice for once that Marvin take accountability for not having his team prepared to play Dallas.

Not the whole "we need to do some things better".

They were schooled in about every aspect of the game today. That's more than just "some things".
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
First time in 4 years I have little hope of going anywhere on the year
- offensive line has been awful. 3 spots are totally subpar
- We are being out physicaled in nearly every game. Jets, Steelers, Broncos and now Cowboys have beat us up.
- Can't stay on the field on 3rd down, and can't get it off it on 3rd either
- Flat out lack of spark. Team seems listless. Maybe they never recovered from last year's WC. Maybe the coach isn't pushing them enough. Major changes are needed. Everyone should be fighting to keep their job every week now
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm not saying that they will make the playoffs, or even finish better than 8-8. I'm just saying, that with 11 games left, I also think it's still too early to say they won't. 

Like I've said, there are very real issues with this team right now that have to be fixed pretty damn quickly. If that doesn't happen somehow, then yeah, we could be in for a long season. 

As for Marvin...don't get me started.  Whatever

Let me ask you this, what did you see new this week against Dallas that we haven't seen in the first four games? So why hasn't the coaching addressed these issues already? I dont think another game with the same mistakes is going to make these coaches suddenly wake up and make the adjustments to win.....like they should've against the Jets game!(offensive line for example)

I personally have absolutely zero faith any of the coaching has what it takes to make adjustments to turn things around.

So what drives you craziest about Marvin? LOL
Reply/Quote