Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Sums Up This Season
(10-09-2016, 10:32 PM)Roland Wrote: Too early to throw in the towel, but if the Bengals don't play a lot better than they did today then they'll be lucky to win five games this season.

Everywhere the Bengals have back-filled a position this year has been a failure so far.  Andre Smith, Reggie Nelson, Wallace Gilberry, Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu have all been replaced by lesser players at this point. Some of these guys hopefully have more upside but right now it's a failure on all fronts. Heck, we might be better off with Leon Hall creaking around out there at safety than what we've seen from Shawn Williams so far this year.
I agree, it also extends to the coaches we had to replace.
Reply/Quote
I don't think I can handle another Marvin extension.

What a mess. They red to clean house, coaching wise, start over.

No promoting the OC or DC. They both blow.

If Mikey keeps Marvin, or any of them, another season? She needs to put her foot down and take the reins.

This crap is just getting ridiculous. These guys don't have the spark, they're not hungry. It just sucks.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:41 AM)GodFather Wrote: Thats the problem with the front office resigning Marvin to an extension year after year, we have some great players and with each passing year players leave/retire leaving an opportunity behind because we have Marvin wasting the talent we've accrued over the years.

This needs to be sent to the F.O.
Reply/Quote
This is "my" team. We're 2-3. I stand by them. Hope for the best every week. Don't always get it. Hope for better next week. That's basically it. It's fun, if you don't tie too much of your ego to it.

Dallas outplayed us today. First time all season we got outplayed. We better get it together fast, or we will be 2-4 after next week.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:33 AM)Shady Wrote: Hope for better next week. That's basically it. It's fun, if you don't tie too much of your ego to it.

Your right it's so much fun to watch your team get obliterated on the field for 2 1/2 hours. I can imagine the other "fun" activities you do. 

"Hey Doc, can you give me a prostate exam for the heck of it? C'mon it will be fun!"
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:33 AM)Shady Wrote: This is "my" team.  We're 2-3. I stand by them. Hope for the best every week. Don't always get it. Hope for better next week. That's basically it. It's fun, if you don't tie too much of your ego to it.

Dallas outplayed us today. First time all season we got outplayed. We better get it together fast, or we will be 2-4 after next week.

The bengals got outplayed in NY, Pitt, against Den, and yesterday.  Miami was the only time they outplayed their opponent.  Bengals are lucky to not be 1-4.

Yesterday was not fun, as a fan it was disengaging.  I'm not looking forward to going to the rest of the games if this is the product on the field.  The players need to decide if they want to play grown men football or powderpuff football.  Yesterday wasn't on coaching, they got out played, out physicalled, didn't stay in gaps, dropped passes, punt into the end zone, etc.

The coaching is not great and they were unprepared, but yesterday was EMBARRASING.  That rests solely on the players.  Gotta fix it fast or it will get worse before better
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:23 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I heard something last week about Dalton actually being more accurate when under pressure. Crazy I know.

Makes sense as he's completing a career high 67.4% while being sacked at a career high rate.

That said, obviously the offense would be better if he weren't getting pummeled as soon as he touched the ball.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Makes sense as he's completing a career high 67.4% while being sacked at a career high rate.

That said, obviously the offense would be better if he weren't getting pummeled as soon as he touched the ball.

I wish we had an offensive line. It seems like guys are standing out there just letting people run by them. Dalton gets almost no time to throw the ball what so ever, and the thing that pisses me off the most is when Dalton tries to extend the play and run out of the pocket no receivers are able to get open... The offensive line is the biggest problem with this team right now. The defensive line is actually starting to concern me too. We haven't been able to get much pressure on the QB this year and that lets opposing QBs take their time and shred our secondary. They're also getting beat pretty badly with the run game too... This team is just a mess this year, and most of the problems to me are stemming from bad coaching.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:33 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I wish we had an offensive line. It seems like guys are standing out there just letting people run by them. Dalton gets almost no time to throw the ball what so ever, and the thing that pisses me off the most is when Dalton tries to extend the play and run out of the pocket no receivers are able to get open... The offensive line is the biggest problem with this team right now. The defensive line is actually starting to concern me too. We haven't been able to get much pressure on the QB this year and that lets opposing QBs take their time and shred our secondary. They're also getting beat pretty badly with the run game too... This team is just a mess this year, and most of the problems to me are stemming from bad coaching.

The technical term for this is the Marvin Lewis trail!
Reply/Quote