Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
This Win makes me question Zac more, not less
(12-05-2023, 02:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yes, everyone around here who you disagree with are dumb and don't know football. Miserable, and everything else yall like to claim about fellow fans. You've made that abundantly clear. No need to beat a dead horse. 

Imagine how smart we'd suddenly be in the eyes of the peanut gallery if we were always positive...

Sheep. Some aren't.

Speak your mind everyone. Don't let them team up to silence you. All opinions are welcome.

[Image: 200w.webp?cid=ecf05e471yrnimmfk8b0lgv1ds....webp&ct=g]

To be fair I only correct the obvious and blatantly incorrect ball takes.  And it is usually just you - who is wrong all the time and refuse any to attempt to research the truth.  The others are Joelist and Housh, I actually like these guys.  These are guys that are actually watching other vids and gaining more knowledge, their takes have gotten increasingly better.  I actually still like you too but you have been off the rails for a couple weeks, IMHO.

You also missed the Few Good Men reference, sad.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yes, everyone around here who you disagree with are dumb and don't know football. Miserable, and everything else yall like to claim about fellow fans. You've made that abundantly clear. No need to beat a dead horse. 

Imagine how smart we'd suddenly be in the eyes of the peanut gallery if we were always positive...

Sheep. Some aren't.

Speak your mind everyone. Don't let them team up to try to silence you. All opinions are welcome.

If you act like a Denny burner account, your football IQ goes up 10 points.

Don't ya know?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:08 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I've never been this pissed off after a win. This doesn't mean that I'm as pissed off in wins as I am lossess, but this win put a sour taste in my mouth after all the good feels for Jake Browning not giving up and making the most of his oppurtunity.

"Zac Taylor deserves cred...."

Zac Taylor doesn;'t deserve shit.

Jake Browning just showed the world that he, at minimum, is a capable backup and probably better than a hobbled Joe Burrow. Since that's now been established, it begs the question: Why did Taylor start an injured Burrow for 4 games?!
I haven't seen the stats, but I saw Jake Browning under center more often than I see Burrow. I saw a more balanced run/pass attack that was very successful, something that can't happen when Burrow is in the game becasue...reasons?

The Bengals' offensive philosophy is the problem. It isn't the O-line. It isn't Burrow's injury. It isn't Pollack or MIxon.  It's Zac Taylor;s insistence on passing 10000 times a bloody game when Burrow is out there.

The Bengals need to change that if they want to keep Burrow healthy and get their first Lombardi.

Until they do, it'll be heartbreaking frustration for many years to come.

Zac Taylor needs to be a leader and give Joe Burrow what he NEEDS, not what he wants. IDC if Joe prefers the spread offense. He NEEDS a good run game and NEEDS to go under center.
Endrant.

I would hate to be you.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 12:34 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This win makes me like Zac more. I want to see him coach a Burrowless squad that wins. Last night's victory was just that. A win without Burrow, against a good team, and on MNF is a good thing.

probably the best post ive seen after this game, i would only add with a good team around Browning
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: He shouldn't have been practicing to begin with.... The calf was already bothering him. That wasn't a ipod glove on his calf prior to practice. 

So all players who are sore, should sit out, and not practice? Good grief man, this is the NFL… everyone is sore. Tre Hendrickson played the next week with a hyperextended kneee. Pat mahomes won the Super Bowl with a high ankle sprain. They all had an increased probability of risk of injury and still played. Granted the stakes are different, but those are more significant injuries than a sore calf.
Reply/Quote
Looking back i'm starting to think the 1st quarter Zac was baiting the Jaguars into believing Browning won't or wasn't capable of throwing the ball downfield. Based off the Steeler game and the first 2 drives you really couldn't blame them. Doug Pederson a SB winning coach got outcoached by Zac Taylor with a backup QB i'm done criticizing Zac though I loved the aggressiveness going for it on 4th down a couple times wish we would start going for it more with Burrow though.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:12 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Me as well.. but don’t forget Zac’s fault for calling a roll out, non contact, pass play in training camp.
Not that it matters, but I feel that Joe injured his calf in the scrambling drills while running at sharp angles around the tackling dummies.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 05:18 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Not that it matters, but I feel that Joe injured his calf in the scrambling drills while running at sharp angles around the tackling dummies.

Ehhh… probably more a result of having to walk across the street and not using a golf cart. Cheap Mike brown.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:29 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: If you act like a Denny burner account, your football IQ goes up 10 points.

Don't ya know?
Like Bengal Barry ?

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:40 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Looking back i'm starting to think the 1st quarter Zac was baiting the Jaguars into believing Browning won't or wasn't capable of throwing the ball downfield. Based off the Steeler game and the first 2 drives you really couldn't blame them. Doug Pederson a SB winning coach got outcoached by Zac Taylor with a backup QB i'm done criticizing Zac though I loved the aggressiveness going for it on 4th down a couple times wish we would start going for it more with Burrow though.

I'm not sure if this is entirely-true, but wouldn't be surprised: the Jags blitzed a ton, but on those first 2 drives, it seemed like only on the obvious passing situations, did they blitz and Jake looked like crap.

So they blitzed the rest of the game and we adjusted and the rest is history.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Some folks thought I was joking when I made the post about 2 weeks ago:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What%E2%80%99s-your-number?pid=1425686#pid1425686

I know this board
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:43 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: lol… what a miserable way to live life.  As if the previous 2 years didn’t prove anything.  You knew Joe was going to hurt his wrist?

What’s the winning lotto numbers.

I think everyone knew with this o-line & playcalling he would get hurt again.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah buddy! All three of you! Mellow (and one has ALWAYS hated on the team in some form or fashion. Yay, I guess?)

How the f!ck can you hate on the Bengals if you're a fan. They are criticizing the team not hating on them. I hate the Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, Chiefs. I guess you have to be a fan like you're a fan? 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:39 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: So all players who are sore, should sit out, and not practice?  Good grief man, this is the NFL… everyone is sore.  Tre Hendrickson played the next week with a hyperextended kneee.  Pat mahomes won the Super Bowl with a high ankle sprain.  They all had an increased probability of risk of injury and still played.  Granted the stakes are different, but those are more significant injuries than a sore calf.

That Mahomes sprain was BS. Just another storyline.
Reply/Quote
Constantly complains about the offense and Zac Taylor's playcalling

Bengals offense explodes (figuratively speaking) with almost 500 yards of offense and 34 points with the BACKUP QB

Continues to complain about the offense and Zac Taylor's playcalling

Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 12:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right? Been a fan forty one years.... I've seen a lot of this team's history. Some great, some awful. This version is a lot of fun to watch, and we have a lot of players that are simply easy to cheer for. 2021-2022 is the best stretch of Bengals football I've seen. This year has been rough, but there's been good moments too. 

Absolutely this. I certainly have questioned games and decisions in the past 3 seasons... but overall, the team is generally a joy to watch in comparison to this Franchise's largely miserable history otherwise.

I consider myself somewhat fortunate that I took on fanship in 2005, when the Carson Palmer show got going. Couple of really good years in there. Didn't have too wait long for the Dalton/Green playoff appearances... as largely unsuccessful as both of those eras were, they were still quite a bit better than the Bengals before them.

These Bengals though... literally been taking us to heights we haven't been to. Even now, it wouldn't necessarily be a shock if we made our way into the playoffs. We've had a healthy starting QB for 4.5 games and a porous defence all season... previous Bengals teams would be about 2-10 at this point.

Prime Time on the road, with a nothing QB... and we won against a team gunning for #1 in the AFC. Pretty happy my team won that game personally. Very good wins over the Bills and Niners too, and we've done nothing but hobble through this season really. But still capable of beating some very good teams in there.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:39 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: So all players who are sore, should sit out, and not practice?  Good grief man, this is the NFL… everyone is sore.  Tre Hendrickson played the next week with a hyperextended kneee.  Pat mahomes won the Super Bowl with a high ankle sprain.  They all had an increased probability of risk of injury and still played.  Granted the stakes are different, but those are more significant injuries than a sore calf.

This was training camp day 2, not week 12 when "everyone is sore". Yes I'd prefer if the starting star qb had any discomfort to play it safe.

Your examples are in season and late in season when yes, everyone is dinged, and maybe you risk it as they did/didn't with the wrist.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 06:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Constantly complains about the offense and Zac Taylor's playcalling

Bengals offense explodes (figuratively speaking) with almost 500 yards of offense and 34 points with the BACKUP QB

Continues to complain about the offense and Zac Taylor's playcalling

Rolleyes

Zac just can't catch a break can he? lol
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 06:17 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: How the f!ck can you hate on the Bengals if you're a fan. They are criticizing the team not hating on them. I hate the Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, Chiefs. I guess you have to be a fan like you're a fan? 

Simmer down Potsy.....you know what a hater is, right? There's one dude (and it's not Zo) that I have NEVER seen a positive post from. Not on here, not on the old board. I believe if something brought me such misery, I'd find something else to take up my time. By your rationale, I guess we should all just piss and moan every week to be like that. Or you, possibly? Nah, I'll pass man. There's more important things to life than football. 

I have been VERY critical of this front office (Son of Paul). I was critical of Marvin. I was damn near unhealthy in my criticism of Paul Alexander. Yet, when things are good, I didn't feel the need to come shit on everyone's parade. If that's your bag, so be it, don't mean I won't be critical of that too. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:08 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I've never been this pissed off after a win. This doesn't mean that I'm as pissed off in wins as I am lossess, but this win put a sour taste in my mouth after all the good feels for Jake Browning not giving up and making the most of his oppurtunity.

"Zac Taylor deserves cred...."

Zac Taylor doesn;'t deserve shit.

Jake Browning just showed the world that he, at minimum, is a capable backup and probably better than a hobbled Joe Burrow. Since that's now been established, it begs the question: Why did Taylor start an injured Burrow for 4 games?!
I haven't seen the stats, but I saw Jake Browning under center more often than I see Burrow. I saw a more balanced run/pass attack that was very successful, something that can't happen when Burrow is in the game becasue...reasons?

The Bengals' offensive philosophy is the problem. It isn't the O-line. It isn't Burrow's injury. It isn't Pollack or MIxon.  It's Zac Taylor;s insistence on passing 10000 times a bloody game when Burrow is out there.

The Bengals need to change that if they want to keep Burrow healthy and get their first Lombardi.

Until they do, it'll be heartbreaking frustration for many years to come.

Zac Taylor needs to be a leader and give Joe Burrow what he NEEDS, not what he wants. IDC if Joe prefers the spread offense. He NEEDS a good run game and NEEDS to go under center.
Endrant.

I will never understand what happened to that offense they showed against San Fran.  Solid mix of run/pass slowed their pass rush.  Going under center more helped open up more play action.  It disappeared at Baltimore then resurfaced last night.  This team has made a living of playing their best when their backs are against the wall.  They have to have that feeling every single week moving forward. Yes, they will be facing a lot of backup QBs (and they have one too), but each one of those next five teams are in the playoff hunt.  They will all come out swinging.  Can't be flat at any point if they want to make a run.  
Reply/Quote