Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
This Win makes me question Zac more, not less
(12-05-2023, 02:08 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I've never been this pissed off after a win. This doesn't mean that I'm as pissed off in wins as I am lossess, but this win put a sour taste in my mouth after all the good feels for Jake Browning not giving up and making the most of his oppurtunity.

"Zac Taylor deserves cred...."

Zac Taylor doesn;'t deserve shit.

Jake Browning just showed the world that he, at minimum, is a capable backup and probably better than a hobbled Joe Burrow. Since that's now been established, it begs the question: Why did Taylor start an injured Burrow for 4 games?!
I haven't seen the stats, but I saw Jake Browning under center more often than I see Burrow. I saw a more balanced run/pass attack that was very successful, something that can't happen when Burrow is in the game becasue...reasons?

The Bengals' offensive philosophy is the problem. It isn't the O-line. It isn't Burrow's injury. It isn't Pollack or MIxon.  It's Zac Taylor;s insistence on passing 10000 times a bloody game when Burrow is out there.

The Bengals need to change that if they want to keep Burrow healthy and get their first Lombardi.

Until they do, it'll be heartbreaking frustration for many years to come.

Zac Taylor needs to be a leader and give Joe Burrow what he NEEDS, not what he wants. IDC if Joe prefers the spread offense. He NEEDS a good run game and NEEDS to go under center.
Endrant.

This post is ass and should be burned with a white hot holy fire.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They just got a huge win on MNF against a good team. Maybe stop whining for a night and get a grip.

*team loses* fan whines like a little *****

*team wins* fan whines like a little *****

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 12:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I've been a fan since '92, when I was 3 years old and only knew who Boomer was.

So 31 years of my 34 on this planet.

I have ***0*** clue WTF you're talking about.

And you know why? Because I'm not a miserable black cloud that would even think to have this loser mentality.

You go about in pity for yourself like you have your whole life: I'll enjoy things to the most while I can, thank you.

Right? Been a fan forty one years.... I've seen a lot of this team's history. Some great, some awful. This version is a lot of fun to watch, and we have a lot of players that are simply easy to cheer for. 2021-2022 is the best stretch of Bengals football I've seen. This year has been rough, but there's been good moments too. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 12:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right? Been a fan forty one years.... I've seen a lot of this team's history. Some great, some awful. This version is a lot of fun to watch, and we have a lot of players that are simply easy to cheer for. 2021-2022 is the best stretch of Bengals football I've seen. This year has been rough, but there's been good moments too. 

I'm not trying to get too overhyped from the win. But I do think we've gone from the pits of despair to a very good spot as fans. We can sit back and root for this team because they legitimately have a shot to make a little run and after losing Burrow not get too bummed off a loss because we only help our draft stock. Most likely not the year but let's not close that door just yet.
Reply/Quote
This win makes me like Zac more. I want to see him coach a Burrowless squad that wins. Last night's victory was just that. A win without Burrow, against a good team, and on MNF is a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 12:30 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm not trying to get too overhyped from the win. But I do think we've gone from the pits of despair to a very good spot as fans. We can sit back and root for this team because they legitimately have a shot to make a little run and after losing Burrow not get too bummed off a loss because we only help our draft stock. Most likely not the year but let's not close that door just yet.

Absolutely agree. Plus, we're getting a good look at Browning. The results are mixed at this point. Let's see if he can string a couple more good ones together. I obviously don't expect last night to be the norm, but let's hope Pittsburgh wasn't either. Just play game manager ball, and be consistent.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 12:34 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This win makes me like Zac more. I want to see him coach a Burrowless squad that wins. Last night's victory was just that. A win without Burrow, against a good team, and on MNF is a good thing.

Last week, we needed to see a dub with Jake Browning. Now we're moving the goalposts. No shock....

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 12:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Using any length of time as a fan to be miserable is just garbage. I've been a fan since 1968, which is longer than a lot of you have been alive. There's no black cloud over my head. 

Yep born in 69. BTW, I was referring to his comment about his lifetime of misery.

Reply/Quote
I'm not reading through all this, but I mostly question if this is the same team and coaching staff that looked miserable against the Steelers 8 days prior. Would the real Browning Bengals puhhhleeeeeaaaze stand up?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 12:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not reading through all this, but I mostly question if this is the same team and coaching staff that looked miserable against the Steelers 8 days prior.  Would the real Browning Bengals puhhhleeeeeaaaze stand up?

I'd say the truth lies somewhere in the middle....

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:12 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Big win for the guys on this team. Maybe Zac Taylor went back to his roots and started coaching without quarterback influence.

For us fans looking for a rushing attack and a balanced offense, this win feels pretty damn good!

“Started coaching without Quarterback influence”is a pretty good way to explain it,and it worked.Sure,Burrow is not complaining with a pass heavy Offense,because it benefits him.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 01:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'd say the truth lies somewhere in the middle....

Regression towards the mean?  That sounds logical enough to be true....crap, maybe we shouldn't trade Jorew Blurrdowsoe quite yet.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 01:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Regression towards the mean?  That sounds logical enough to be true....crap, maybe we shouldn't trade Jorew Blurrdowsoe quite yet.

Yep, I don't expect Jake to hit those numbers with any frequency. Let's say he winds up around 250 yds, around 65%, and one or less turnover. That'd be pretty encouraging from your backup. I think both games are outliers, but last night gives a little hope that he can at least manage the games, and not put us in bad spots. That's what I want to see moving forward.

Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor has made some questionable play calls of late but last night he threw Joe Burrow’s playbook in his desk drawer and gave Jake Browning a set of offensive plays he could successfully run. Rolling Browning out was genius; he’s really good at completing passes on the run.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 01:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Zac Taylor has made some questionable play calls of late but last night he threw Joe Burrow’s playbook in his desk drawer and gave Jake Browning a set of offensive plays he could successfully run. Rolling Browning out was genius; he’s really good at completing passes on the run.

I think it was a good called game overall, many have felt we are too vanilla and don't mix it up or go for it enough on 4th down, I think ZT went in knowing this was the game to keep the season going or not, and pulled out a few trick plays knowing it was going to be hard to beat Jags straight up at their place plus their offense had been hot and our defense had not coming into the game. My ex coach thinking also truly believe they saw something on tape to run those trick plays but overall I was fine with situational football calls by the ZT and his staff.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:22 AM)WildCat Wrote: how about you don't attack other fans of "your" team? there's a thought.

Imagine that. Not around here...  But careful, if you reply to their personal attacks with personal attacks, they will team up to work behind the scenes to get you banned! Best to just take it and live to state another opinion another day.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:41 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: You’ve lost me. Joe hurting his calf on a routine practice snap is a coaching problem.

He shouldn't have been practicing to begin with.... The calf was already bothering him. That wasn't a ipod glove on his calf prior to practice. 

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: Imagine that. Not around here... 

How else will you learn football?  We have a responsibility to correct imbecilic takes so you dont spew them in other spaces reflecting poorly on your lack of ball knowledge.  I would rather you just said thank you and went on your way.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:17 PM)casear2727 Wrote: How else will you learn football?  We have a responsibility to correct imbecilic takes so you dont spew them in other spaces reflecting poorly on your lack of ball knowledge.  I would rather you just said thank you and went on your way.

Yes, everyone around here who you disagree with are dumb and don't know football. Miserable, and everything else yall like to claim about fellow fans. You've made that abundantly clear. No need to beat a dead horse. 

Imagine how smart we'd suddenly be in the eyes of the peanut gallery if we were always positive...

Sheep. Some aren't.

Speak your mind everyone. Don't let them team up to try to silence you. All opinions are welcome.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:25 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Context bro.

No one is happy with 6-6, but we can be happy with beating an 8-3 team on the road, snapping a 33 year losing streak on MNf.  All with a backup QB.

The fact the bengals are 6-6 is impressive, considering the hand they were dealt.

Imagine getting 2-7 or 3-8 all night at the blackjack table and being even money.

This.   I am a pretty hypercritical guy in the privacy of my living room, but Zac has accomplished more than I want to credit him for, and between the game he called and the QB who coolly went out and killed it on one of the worlds biggest stages I am beyond impressed and happy with our coach right now.

Did not see this coming
Reply/Quote