Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
This Win makes me question Zac more, not less
(12-05-2023, 03:07 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: It takes mini victories to ultimately win the big dance.  lol…

I don’t close a 5,000,000 deal without an initial meeting.  Which is a small victory.  

Why do you think every athlete takes it “one game at a time”.

which the bengals have never done. my fault i care. my bad.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:10 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Gimme them lotto numbers then homes. Mellow

He must be an SEC CFp fan. No way Florida state can play with the big boys. So much so, we won’t give a power 5, undefeated conference champ a chance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:04 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: You’re gonna hurt your head talking to these..people? Idk

Take a chill pill and forget this place exists for the next day or 2

You right, I'm out. We've sunk to new lows blaming people for a calf strain in practice. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:11 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: You right, I'm out. We've sunk to new lows blaming people for a calf strain in practice. 

Me as well.. but don’t forget Zac’s fault for calling a roll out, non contact, pass play in training camp.
Reply/Quote
We scored 34 points with a backup QB, on the road,.and against the #1 seed. Zac had an awesome game the numbers don't lie!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:12 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Me as well.. but don’t forget Zac’s fault for calling a roll out, non contact, pass play in training camp.

having a couple good years doesn't make you a good coach. sorry.
Reply/Quote
marvin had some good years too but he couldn't win a playoff game. and 20 years of ineptitude before that. as bengals fans we're so starved we think that any wins to keep us in the playoffs is a good thing. when we know there's no chance this year. but yeah i'm miserable. good for me.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:17 AM)J24 Wrote: We scored  34 points with a backup QB, on the road,.and against the #1 seed. Zac had an awesome game the numbers don't lie!

Yyyyyyeah, well it would be nice if he could drew up trick plays that trick the other team for once. Dax Hill has what is hopefully the biggest boneheaded play of the rest of his career and then, as if they didn't want the embarrassment to linger too long for the young'n, Boyd and Taylor said ''Hold our beers, kid. We got this.''

The first two drives could have been called by a five year old. Why they are terrified to take a deep shot in the first series or two is always confusing to me. They did the same with Joe when his calf was still bothering him earlier this year. You can see the safeties creeping in further and further and choking up the running game and the obvious short passes. After the second drive, they finally opened it up a little bit and it flowed pretty well, especially the running game. Amazing how that works.

Positives
Props to the O-line tonight. Pass protection was better than I thought that it would be. Not sure if I heard Volson's name all night. Great run game and screens.
I think that it's official. BJ Hill is the prize of the greatest trade in Bengals history. Solid game by the D-line, even Murphy and Carter.
All of the backup TEs are damn good. Nothing great or phenomenal but all are above merely ''reliable''. Irv's still got some work to do.
Mike Hilton now vs before 5 or 6 weeks ago is night and day.
Backup RBs did great. Nice kick off return by Traveon. Keeps himself relevant. Chase Brown had a great night as the change of pace back. Hopefully he becomes a mixture of what he looked like to me . . . the best of Giovani Bernard and Chris Perry.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:17 AM)J24 Wrote: We scored  34 points with a backup QB, on the road,.and against the #1 seed. Zac had an awesome game the numbers don't lie!

If they won the game they would have been the # 1 seed. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:06 AM)WildCat Wrote: yeah. we're all idiots. i guess we can't help it. 

(12-05-2023, 03:08 AM)WildCat Wrote: how does the season end? you know how it ends lol.

(12-05-2023, 03:10 AM)WildCat Wrote: which the bengals have never done. my fault i care. my bad.

You and the OP do come across as miserable teenagers. He is always bashing and you are kind of a whiner. You have no idea how this season ends.

I've been a fan since the 70's so I have been through it all more than most. Im not whining. Zac is not a great offensive mind but this was a very solid win and you two crying like you are is embarrassing.

Reply/Quote
Burrow wasn't going to sit the first 4 games after getting paid some days before the first game. It would send a weird message imo.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:08 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I've never been this pissed off after a win. This doesn't mean that I'm as pissed off in wins as I am lossess, but this win put a sour taste in my mouth after all the good feels for Jake Browning not giving up and making the most of his oppurtunity.

"Zac Taylor deserves cred...."

Zac Taylor doesn;'t deserve shit.

Jake Browning just showed the world that he, at minimum, is a capable backup and probably better than a hobbled Joe Burrow. Since that's now been established, it begs the question: Why did Taylor start an injured Burrow for 4 games?!
I haven't seen the stats, but I saw Jake Browning under center more often than I see Burrow. I saw a more balanced run/pass attack that was very successful, something that can't happen when Burrow is in the game becasue...reasons?

The Bengals' offensive philosophy is the problem. It isn't the O-line. It isn't Burrow's injury. It isn't Pollack or MIxon.  It's Zac Taylor;s insistence on passing 10000 times a bloody game when Burrow is out there.

The Bengals need to change that if they want to keep Burrow healthy and get their first Lombardi.

Until they do, it'll be heartbreaking frustration for many years to come.

Zac Taylor needs to be a leader and give Joe Burrow what he NEEDS, not what he wants. IDC if Joe prefers the spread offense. He NEEDS a good run game and NEEDS to go under center.
Endrant.
***** whinging spinner 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:18 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Joe burrow NEEDS to work at being more comfortable under center. It allows for better playcalling. It’s my only gripe with burrow.

You sir, can exit stage left whenever you want. Chase brown was a big difference in the running game and he wasn’t healthy all year. Mixon did about his usual 3.8 ypc, so it wasn’t like he was a world beater.

Zac Taylor with a healthy burrow took this team to the SB and AFCcG. Get a good nights rest and delete this post tomorrow when you realize how silly you sound.

Wtf …. This was an excellent post and is correct. Zak Taylor is the problem with this offense. He needs to be a leader and I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 06:41 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yyyyyyeah, well it would be nice if he could drew up trick plays that trick the other team for once. Dax Hill has what is hopefully the biggest boneheaded play of the rest of his career and then, as if they didn't want the embarrassment to linger too long for the young'n, Boyd and Taylor said ''Hold our beers, kid. We got this.''

The first two drives could have been called by a five year old. Why they are terrified to take a deep shot in the first series or two is always confusing to me. They did the same with Joe when his calf was still bothering him earlier this year. You can see the safeties creeping in further and further and choking up the running game and the obvious short passes. After the second drive, they finally opened it up a little bit and it flowed pretty well, especially the running game. Amazing how that works.

Positives
Props to the O-line tonight. Pass protection was better than I thought that it would be. Not sure if I heard Volson's name all night. Great run game and screens.
I think that it's official. BJ Hill is the prize of the greatest trade in Bengals history. Solid game by the D-line, even Murphy and Carter.
All of the backup TEs are damn good. Nothing great or phenomenal but all are above merely ''reliable''. Irv's still got some work to do.
Mike Hilton now vs before 5 or 6 weeks ago is night and day.
Backup RBs did great. Nice kick off return by Traveon. Keeps himself relevant. Chase Brown had a great night as the change of pace back. Hopefully he becomes a mixture of what he looked like to me . . . the best of Giovani Bernard and Chris Perry.

Troy touched on that, and so did Zac in his presser. They basically said the same thing: short dump offs to get Browning in a rhythm, and boy did he ever get in a rhythm. That play with TB was a pretty damn bad decision. I agree.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

It's the nature of football. If you score, the plays must have been good. And vice versa.

Anytime you win with a backup QB, the coaches look good.

Guys got open really well too. Browning, interestingly was getting to his 3rd progression on some plays. We actually ran the ball too.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:08 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I've never been this pissed off after a win. This doesn't mean that I'm as pissed off in wins as I am lossess, but this win put a sour taste in my mouth after all the good feels for Jake Browning not giving up and making the most of his oppurtunity.

"Zac Taylor deserves cred...."

Zac Taylor doesn;'t deserve shit.

Jake Browning just showed the world that he, at minimum, is a capable backup and probably better than a hobbled Joe Burrow. Since that's now been established, it begs the question: Why did Taylor start an injured Burrow for 4 games?!
I haven't seen the stats, but I saw Jake Browning under center more often than I see Burrow. I saw a more balanced run/pass attack that was very successful, something that can't happen when Burrow is in the game becasue...reasons?

The Bengals' offensive philosophy is the problem. It isn't the O-line. It isn't Burrow's injury. It isn't Pollack or MIxon.  It's Zac Taylor;s insistence on passing 10000 times a bloody game when Burrow is out there.

The Bengals need to change that if they want to keep Burrow healthy and get their first Lombardi.

Until they do, it'll be heartbreaking frustration for many years to come.

Zac Taylor needs to be a leader and give Joe Burrow what he NEEDS, not what he wants. IDC if Joe prefers the spread offense. He NEEDS a good run game and NEEDS to go under center.
Endrant.
I had total faith that you would find something to whine about
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:41 AM)WildCat Wrote: i did b/c i knew the other shoe would drop. this is the part of being a lifelong bengal fan where you just know.

I've been a fan since '92, when I was 3 years old and only knew who Boomer was.

So 31 years of my 34 on this planet.

I have ***0*** clue WTF you're talking about.

And you know why? Because I'm not a miserable black cloud that would even think to have this loser mentality.

You go about in pity for yourself like you have your whole life: I'll enjoy things to the most while I can, thank you.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 07:14 AM)casear2727 Wrote: You and the OP do come across as miserable teenagers.  He is always bashing and you are kind of a whiner.  You have no idea how this season ends.

I've been a fan since the 70's so I have been through it all more than most.  Im not whining.  Zac is not a great offensive mind but this was a very solid win and you two crying like you are is embarrassing.

Using any length of time as a fan to be miserable is just garbage. I've been a fan since 1968, which is longer than a lot of you have been alive. There's no black cloud over my head. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 12:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I've been a fan since '92, when I was 3 years old and only knew who Boomer was.

So 31 years of my 34 on this planet.

I have ***0*** clue WTF you're talking about.

And you know why? Because I'm not a miserable black cloud that would even think to have this loser mentality.

You go about in pity for yourself like you have your whole life: I'll enjoy things to the most while I can, thank you.

Ojibwe saying Wink

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 12:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ojibwe saying Wink

Nice quote there, Parvati Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote