Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
This Win makes me question Zac more, not less
Enjoy the Monday night win, Finally got some O out there, D still needs to tighten up, but a W is a W and i'll take them ALL DAY LONG.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:32 AM)WildCat Wrote: you're right. but imo the OP wasn't wrong.

Riddle me this. If browning starts the first 3 weeks, is our record any better or worse than 5-7 or 7-5? We still lose burrow for the year with the wrist injury, unless we are really doing revisionists history.

This is either a joke, or an attempt at a gaslight.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:28 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: The "hand they were delat" was mostly self-inflicted. Their W tonight was evidence of that, for the reasons I listed in the OP.

I’m just gonna ask this out of curiosity. Are you a lifelong fan, or a recent fan? You joined in 10/2021. If you are a recent addition to being a bengals fan, welcome. Glad you joined. That said, it would explain your position a bit better.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:34 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Riddle me this.  If browning starts the first 3 weeks, is our record any better or worse than 5-7 or 7-5?  We still lose burrow for the year with the wrist injury, unless we are really doing revisionists history.  

This is either a joke, or an attempt at a gaslight.

I think we had no shot this year. burrow's injury sealed it and i mean the calf.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:37 AM)WildCat Wrote: I think we had no shot this year. burrow's injury sealed it and i mean the calf.

You said you agree with OP that this was self inflicted. You’re saying the bengals ruined their season in August?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:37 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I’m just gonna ask this out of curiosity.  Are you a lifelong fan, or a recent fan?  You joined in 10/2021.  If you are a recent addition to being a bengals fan, welcome.  Glad you joined.  That said, it would explain your position a bit better.

not replying for bigzo here but most of us joined wayyyyy back in 2005 when the board with joefromflo and a bunch others were around. talk about a shit. show lol
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:37 AM)WildCat Wrote: I think we had no shot this year. burrow's injury sealed it and i mean the calf.

We were also 5-3 and had beat, handily, the niners and bills. You can’t possibly believe, a month ago… that the hottest team in football had their season over.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:38 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: You said you agree with OP that this was self inflicted.  You’re saying the bengals ruined their season in August?

yes. this was a coaching problem from the word go.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:15 AM)WildCat Wrote: he's right. it's ZT's mindset. you can't win the AFC north w/o having a run game. and if that doesn't convince you then the playcalls certainly should.

Except they’ve done it twice in a row. Not that I’m against a much better running attack.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:39 AM)WildCat Wrote: not replying for bigzo here but most of us joined wayyyyy back in 2005 when the board with joefromflo and a bunch others were around. talk about a shit. show lol

As was I, based on may 2015.. pretty evident. But he is off the rails.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:39 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: We were also 5-3 and had beat, handily, the niners and bills.  You can’t possibly believe, a month ago… that the hottest team in football had their season over.

i did b/c i knew the other shoe would drop. this is the part of being a lifelong bengal fan where you just know.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:40 AM)WildCat Wrote: yes. this was a coaching problem from the word go.

You’ve lost me. Joe hurting his calf on a routine practice snap is a coaching problem.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:37 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I’m just gonna ask this out of curiosity.  Are you a lifelong fan, or a recent fan?  You joined in 10/2021.  If you are a recent addition to being a bengals fan, welcome.  Glad you joined.  That said, it would explain your position a bit better.

Because lifelong Bengals fans have no reason to be cynical. It's been all roses and sunshine, right?

I've been here for over a decade. My original username was THE Bigzoman. I changed to Notbigzo, ironically, because I forgot my password after a hiatus.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:40 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: As was I, based on may 2015.. pretty evident.  But he is off the rails.

fair enough but can you blame him? he's not denny or fredtoast i mean those dudes were off the rails for sure lol
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:41 AM)WildCat Wrote: i did b/c i knew the other shoe would drop. this is the part of being a lifelong bengal fan where you just know.

lol… what a miserable way to live life. As if the previous 2 years didn’t prove anything. You knew Joe was going to hurt his wrist?

What’s the winning lotto numbers.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:41 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: You’ve lost me. Joe hurting his calf on a routine practice snap is a coaching problem.

yeah it's a management thing for your highest paid QB in the league contract. yes it's a management thing. really speaks to ownership but ZT gets the blame b/c he's the HC
Reply/Quote
What’s inexplicable to me is how many times this guy calls drive killing plays that make no sense. Some of Zac’s dumbest play calls happen just as soon as they cross the 50 yard line. Today we had the pleasure of witnessing a really really stupid play call backed up on our own side of the field.

Did anyone really believe Lou’s defense would come up with a stop to end the game in regulation? Against a backup QB no less.

This team has talent. Burrow is 2x the QB as Browning. A balanced offense minus the bonehead play calls and the offense would be unstoppable and Burrow most likely not on IR.

Defense I have no clue…they play soft zone, get beat often in man, not much in the way of pressure, and get beat on the perimeter more than most teams. Play calling seems to concede 3rd and shorts. But they are very opportunistic.

These are all things that can win you some games but it doesn’t exude consistency.

What’s this teams identity?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:42 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Because lifelong Bengals fans have no reason to be cynical. It's been all roses and sunshine, right?

I've been here for over a decade. My original username was THE Bigzoman. I changed to Notbigzo, ironically, because I forgot my password after a hiatus.

Cynical, sure. But this isn’t cynical.. this is ridiculous. There are changes that need made, I’m not going to disagree. But constructive criticism would be a good starting point. This thread has come off as whiny and I’m really unsure what the purpose was. There was a vent thread created for things just like this.. typically used after a loss, but I digress.

If you were a bills fan this year, I would better understand your frustration with a healthy qb all year.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:43 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: lol… what a miserable way to live life.  As if the previous 2 years didn’t prove anything.  You knew Joe was going to hurt his wrist?

What’s the winning lotto numbers.

lol. the previous 2 years seem to be the proof don't they? what happened before that? it's not miserable to speak truth.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:44 AM)WildCat Wrote: yeah it's a management thing for your highest paid QB in the league contract. yes it's a management thing. really speaks to ownership but ZT gets the blame b/c he's the HC

I have no clue what you are trying to say.
Reply/Quote