Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
This coaching staff is starting to really piss me off..
(11-11-2021, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: On 15 pass plays he produced 78 yards.

We won that game because the Steelers gave it to us with turnovers.  Our first 3 scoring drives were 4 yards (FG), 26 yards (TD), and 38 yards (TD).

Most fans simply credit the qb with wins
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 12:49 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Most fans simply credit the qb with wins

Yes, I know.  Just like the starting pitcher in baseball.

I just don't think it makes a lot of sense that every time Finley's name comes up someone says "Well he beat the Steelers".
Reply/Quote
Quote:Nicomo Cosca
No. I’m referring to the pressures Carman himself gave up. He was Michael Jordan level bad against Green Bay.

Cincinnati Offensive Line Pass-Blocking in Week 5

Player Total Pressures Other Losses
LT Jonah Williams 2 0
LG Quinton Spain 1 1
C Trey Hopkins 3 1
RG Jackson Carman 7 2
RT Riley Reiff 2 0

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-5-game-recap-green-bay-packers-25-cincinnati-bengals-22

They must have done some updating. Currently, he's shown with 6 total pressures from the GB game. Every other game besides that, he's only given up 1 pressure. 0 sacks and 3 penalties. Other than Detroit, his grades don't look very hot, so i don't know whats up...

Here's the current grades and stats. 

[Image: current-blocking-2.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 12:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He truthfully is not. Spain is nasty..Watch the film.

....and it goes back to last season as well. I don't recall the exact game, but I remember him sticking up for one of our QBs last year too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:58 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Carman is lazy, showed up out of shape to practice.

You do know the kid showed up to camp out of shape because of injury right??You are aware that dabo Sweeney called Carman one of the hardest working players he's ever coached??Your observation is based on opinion to call this kid who's undoubtedly been busting his ass since training camp lazy is truly a senseless personal attack..
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 01:47 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: You do know the kid showed up to camp out of shape because of injury right??You are aware that dabo Sweeney called Carman one of the hardest working players he's ever coached??Your observation is based on opinion to call this kid who's undoubtedly been busting his ass since training camp lazy is truly a senseless personal attack..

Yeah, that was a bad take. I'm not concerned with effort, it's herniated disc(s) that worry me.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:58 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Carman is lazy, showed up out of shape to practice.

This was the point I tried making to fredtoast,by the coaches not telling us the reason for Carmen's benching it leaves room for completely ignorant comments such as this one..when you deal with things in clarity it leaves no room for misconception..
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 01:54 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: This was the point I tried making to fredtoast,by the coaches not telling us the reason for Carmen's benching it leaves room for completely ignorant comments such as this one..when you deal with things in clarity it leaves no room for misconception..

No, I am basing it on a good in depth article regarding this right before the season started. Yes, he was injured, but so was Hopkins.  The article went on to mention that has a habit of getting out of shape in the offseason. I think it was comparing him to Smith. I'm gonna look for the article again. Stay tune.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 01:54 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: This was the point I tried making to fredtoast,by the coaches not telling us the reason for Carmen's benching it leaves room for completely ignorant comments such as this one..when you deal with things in clarity it leaves no room for misconception..

I'd rather them be ambiguous so the upcoming opponents dont know things about the team rather than putting g everything out there just to make fans happy
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 07:59 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: No, I am basing it on a good in depth article regarding this right before the season started. Yes, he was injured, but so was Hopkins.  The article went on to mention that has a habit of getting out of shape in the offseason. I think it was comparing him to Smith. I'm gonna look for the article again. Stay tune.

I don't give a damn about that article it has no merit period-Dabo Sweeney his collegiate coach for 4 years said in quote that Jackson Carman was one of the hardest working kids he's ever coached..that easily triumphs any bs article written by people that's opinion driven..
Reply/Quote
I really think this is more about Adeniji and the coaches wanting to see what they have there now that he's healthy, as opposed to Carman has done something wrong. If Adeniki struggles, they'll put Carman back in. At least this way they know what they have in both players.
Reply/Quote
Regarding the Sweeney endorsement, do we even care? I sort of assumed all university and college coaches are going to hype their NFL draft prospects. Producing NFL players who get drafted and earn guaranteed contracts is only going to benefit their own recruiting efforts. For Sweeney to compliment Jackson is mostly self-serving for Sweeney, right?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 11:20 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Regarding the Sweeney endorsement, do we even care? I sort of assumed all university and college coaches are going to hype their NFL draft prospects.  Producing NFL players who get drafted and earn guaranteed contracts is only going to benefit their own recruiting efforts. For Sweeney to compliment Jackson is mostly self-serving for Sweeney, right?
Not true at all most college coaches will give an honest assessment especially on commitment and work ethic..
(08-22-2021, 12:29 PM)samhain Wrote: OMG everyone is in on it!  I bet Ossai himself is part of it.  He's the Keyser Soze of injured rookies.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 11:37 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Not true at all most college coaches will give an honest assessment especially on commitment and work ethic..

I'm not interested in a forum pissing contest of "prove this" to me, but I'm sincerely interested in your take on it. My gut tells me no way are college coaches going to be overly critical to a point it is detrimental to a player's draft day selection. It would hurt their program. Then again, I suppose I could speculate and offer a coach might be honest and forthright if they are trying to develop connections and trust with the NFL world for their own job advancement purposes.

I wonder if there is any literature on this subject?
Reply/Quote
Bottom line, Carman came into camp out of shape, whether due to injury or laziness. Spain had the talk with him about treating the NFL as a business and being a professional, and to Carman's credit he seems to have responded. Again, I think this move is more about Adeniji and less about Carman.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 02:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bottom line, Carman came into camp out of shape, whether due to injury or laziness. Spain had the talk with him about treating the NFL as a business and being a professional, and to Carman's credit he seems to have responded. Again, I think this move is more about Adeniji and less about Carman.

Well said..
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 09:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I really think this is more about Adeniji and the coaches wanting to see what they have there now that he's healthy, as opposed to Carman has done something wrong. If Adeniki struggles, they'll put Carman back in. At least this way they know what they have in both players.

This.

The coaches might have started Adeniji a little early because of Carman's back, but if Carman was able to practice all week I doubt it was just because of the back.  Especially since they have already said Adeniji is starting against the Raiders in 2 weeks.
Reply/Quote
Turns out the coaches made the right call starting Adeniji. He actually played pretty well yesterday. Especially that 80.1 grade in pass protection (64.7 overall).

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Turns out the coaches made the right call starting Adeniji. He actually played pretty well yesterday. Especially that 80.1 grade in pass protection (64.7 overall).

Carman had a few good games as well and was getting better with each passing week..
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 01:27 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Carman had a few good games as well and was getting better with each passing week..

....and had some duds and they sprinkled in with improvements. If Adeniji can hold down that spot, it makes things easier if Reiff is not re-signed and Carman returns to a more natural position.

Reply/Quote