Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
This coaching staff is starting to really piss me off..
(11-10-2021, 05:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: In a presser, Zac said Adeniji had "earned another start". I got the impression they were going to see if he's able to keep that spot. 

That is kind of what I think also.

Carman was able to practice all last week, but they have already said Adeniji would be starting the Raider game.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 05:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: In a presser, Zac said Adeniji had "earned another start". I got the impression they were going to see if he's able to keep that spot. 

if you are trying to instill confidence in a young player that is about to get another start, making a press conference statement of, "we're only starting player B because player A isn't 100%" probably isn't the way to go.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 04:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Good point.

Season was over when we benched Dalton, but that move really made Zac look bad.  Don't know how Finley could have possibly looked better than Dalton in practice.

I was ok with it.

At that point, it was time to start looking at options. Finley was an option we could try out and see if anything positive happened. That's better than the offseasons where teams bring in question marks and do the same thing in preseason.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 06:41 PM)P W Wrote: if you are trying to instill confidence in a young player that is about to get another start, making a press conference statement of, "we're only starting player B because player A isn't 100%" probably isn't the way to go.

Either way, one or the other isn't going to be instilled with confidence. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Season was over when we benched Dalton, but that move really made Zac look bad.  Don't know how Finley could have possibly looked better than Dalton in practice.

I thought that was a good example. But I do agree on Carman. I have seen some plays I really like from him but he hasn't been consistent. I have to trust the coaches who are looking at the tape and watching practices. I think Carman looks like he will develop into a solid contributor. 
Reply/Quote
Carmen is 6 months into Cincinnati's playbook.

Adeniji is 18 months into Cincinnati's playbook.

I'm sure that has at least a little bit with this decision. It's usually easier running a huddle in those situations.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 06:45 PM)Benton Wrote: I was ok with it.

At that point, it was time to start looking at options. Finley was an option we could try out and see if anything positive happened. That's better than the offseasons where teams bring in question marks and do the same thing in preseason.

If he was doing it to evaluate Finley and see if he was anything then that is one thing. I seem to remember Taylor saying he was trying to create a spark for the team. Which if that was what he was trying to do that is beyond troubling. Because you had Boyd as the #1WR a running game that had to be the worst in the NFL and a defense that couldn't stop anybody. I'm not sure any QB would win with what we had going. But it's in the past and it all led to Burrow so it's fine. But something I had thought about a few months ago while having a similar debate if we had kept Dalton as the starter and won a few more games maybe we are taking Herbert instead of the Chargers. 

Not saying Herbert is better than Burrow but we would've been fine either way. Also I love Boyd and he did well as the #1 I thought but probably not who you want as the #1 WR.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 07:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Either way, one or the other isn't going to be instilled with confidence. 

if there is an injured player, they would understand they are injured.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 10:28 PM)P W Wrote: if there is an injured player, they would understand they are injured.

He didn't say Adeniji would start because Carman was injured. He said he "earned" another start. Also, Carman was a full go during practice and was not on the inactive list.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Start the best 5. Period. People are just mad because Carman was a 2nd round pick, and Adeniji was a late round guy. But the team has always been pretty high on Adeniji. And he’s also a couple years older than Carman. There’s plenty of time for Jackson to develop into a future starter.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 10:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Start the best 5. Period. People are just mad because Carman was a 2nd round pick, and Adeniji was a late round guy. But the team has always been pretty high on Adeniji. And he’s also a couple years older than Carman. There’s plenty of time for Jackson to develop into a future starter.

I get it, but he's probably not going to develop faster on the bench than he is getting live reps.  He's not some undersized, unathletic slug who needs to mature physically and he's not a project player in any way.  The only way he learns to deal with NFL d-linemen is by going against them regularly.  Even a guy as highly regarded as Sewell is taking his lumps in year 1.  
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 11:11 PM)samhain Wrote: I get it, but he's probably not going to develop faster on the bench than he is getting live reps.  He's not some undersized, unathletic slug who needs to mature physically and he's not a project player in any way.  The only way he learns to deal with NFL d-linemen is by going against them regularly.  Even a guy as highly regarded as Sewell is taking his lumps in year 1.  

Difference here as opposed to Detroit is we’re 5-4 and competing for a playoff spot. We also need to protect our franchise QB (Goff is just a stopgap for the Lions). And Carman isn’t a project per se, but he is still learning a new position. Whereas Adeniji has experience all over the OL from last season.

But if Carman stacks a bunch of good practices one after another he’s probably going to earn another start. Right now I can see why they want to go with Adeniji though.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 11:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Difference here as opposed to Detroit is we’re 5-4 and competing for a playoff spot. We also need to protect our franchise QB (Goff is just a stopgap for the Lions). And Carman isn’t a project per se, but he is still learning a new position. Whereas Adeniji has experience all over the OL from last season.

But if Carman stacks a bunch of good practices one after another he’s probably going to earn another start. Right now I can see why they want to go with Adeniji though.
This is exactly the perspective I have a problem with you can't keep playing musical cheers with the offensive line it's a stupid strategy to employ..what did adenji do that's so great he deserves the opportunity??absolutely nothing This is total bs and it's one of the reasons I've been a zac guy and never will be..

He's never been a man about none of this even dating back to how he dealt with the marvin veterans could've and should've been handled way better..
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 11:35 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: This is exactly the perspective I have a problem with you can't keep playing musical cheers with the offensive line it's a stupid strategy to employ..what did adenji do that's so great he deserves the opportunity??absolutely nothing This is total bs and it's one of the reasons I've been a zac guy and never will be..

He's never been a man about none of this even dating back to how he dealt with the marvin veterans could've and should've been handled way better..

The “musical chairs” has mostly been a result of injuries. XSF went down - enter Carman - Carman hurt his back and had to leave a game - enter Trey Hill (who was terrible) - enter Adeniji.

And obviously they feel Adeniji showed enough between last season, the preseason, and in practice that he might be the best option right now. People have been complaining about Carman all season, and now they’re complaining that they’re trying someone else. They just can’t win with some of you.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 11:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The “musical chairs” has mostly been a result of injuries. XSF went down - enter Carman - Carman hurt his back and had to leave a game - enter Trey Hill (who was terrible) - enter Adeniji.

And obviously they feel Adeniji showed enough between last season, the preseason, and in practice that he might be the best option right now. People have been complaining about Carman all season, and now they’re complaining that they’re trying someone else. They just can’t win with some of you.

We are 4-1 in games started by Jackson Carman..That kid has gotten better each game he's played,in five starts he's surrendered 4 pressures 1 penalty and zero sacks with a team high 7 pancake blocks..I don't know what else this coaching staff is asking from a rookie but I can assure you Adeniji is not the answer he's just as unproven as Carman at this point..
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 11:57 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: We are 4-1 in games started by Jackson Carman..That kid has gotten better each game he's played,in five starts he's surrendered 4 pressures 1 penalty and zero sacks with a team high 7 pancake blocks..I don't know what else this coaching staff is asking from a rookie but I can assure you Adeniji is not the answer he's just as unproven as Carman at this point..

Those numbers are not correct. He gave up 7 pressures in the Green Bay game alone.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 12:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Those numbers are not correct. He gave up 7 pressures in the Green Bay game alone.

Some of those pressures was solely on the running backs..I gave you Carmen's current numbers from pff zero sacks and 7 pancake blocks that's work in progress for a rookie..he's truthfully the only lineman we have that plays with an attitude..
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 12:32 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Some of those pressures was solely on the running backs..I gave you Carmen's current numbers from pff zero sacks and 7 pancake blocks that's work in progress for a rookie..he's truthfully the only lineman we have that plays with an attitude..

Spain certainly plays with an attitude.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Sometimes this Zac Taylor does things that make sense,and then other times he just does things that are just completely stupid.I don’t know if he’s Bi-polar or what.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 12:32 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Some of those pressures was solely on the running backs..I gave you Carmen's current numbers from pff zero sacks and 7 pancake blocks that's work in progress for a rookie..he's truthfully the only lineman we have that plays with an attitude..

He truthfully is not. Spain is nasty..Watch the film.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote