Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This coaching staff is terrible from top to bottom
I think this is finally the breaking point for me. I've held out judgement on Lazor, Hasselet, Teryl Austin...hell, even Marv.

Im ready to clean house after the season. I want all the guys mentioned above gone. Marvin needs to go, Lazor needs to go, Hue Jackson's stale ass needs to go. Im done, im over it. From the schemes to the personnel to the attitude of the coaching staff, lets move the hell on. It's just not working here anymore with these guys.

The Bengals are stuck in 2005 while other teams around the league are progressing. Better do it now before this team is completely rebuilding.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
100% agree

We need to clean house on the entire coaching staff hire a new HC and let him pick a total new staff. Retain none, zero, zilch of the current coaches.

Problem is MB would never allow it, especially Marvin and if he doesn't go it's lipstick on a pig.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 100% agree

We need to clean house on the entire coaching staff hire a new HC and let him pick a total new staff. Retain none, zero, zilch of the current coaches.

Problem is MB would never allow it, especially Marvin and if he doesn't go it's lipstick on a pig.

I was willing to give Marvin another year based on the "control" and how he needed more "power" and "control" narrative that was spewed before the season. 

Marv got his control and he just cant get it done. I want a younger energy taking control of this team with a progressive approach.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think this is finally the breaking point for me. I've held out judgement on Lazor, Hasselet, Teryl Austin...hell, even Marv.

Im ready to clean house after the season. I want all the guys mentioned above gone. Marvin needs to go, Lazor needs to go, Hue Jackson's stale ass needs to go. Im done, im over it. From the schemes to the personnel to the attitude of the coaching staff, lets move the hell on. It's just not working here anymore with these guys.

The Bengals are stuck in 2005 while other teams around the league are progressing. Better do it now before this team is completely rebuilding.

The working pieces barely outnumber the pieces that need replaced.  We might as well need a rebuild.  But we'll get a Dead Cat Bounce and then we know what'll happen cuz the built in excuse is already in place.

Everybody's aware of the toll injuries have taken this year.  In that situation, what you  need is superior play from the ones who aren't hurt and superior scheming by the staff  and we haven't seen enough of the former and we've seen none of the latter. 

It sure has the look of a sinking ship with nobody around with a big enough bucket.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
In general, and it's beyond coaching...we try to build a team to compete in 2005.

We generally select huge DE's. We get, slow plodding LB's.

On offense, we don't value interior offensive lineman and still focus on Tackles.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I was willing to give Marvin another year based on the "control" and how he needed more "power" and "control" narrative that was spewed before the season. 

Marv got his control and he just cant get it done. I want a younger energy taking control of this team with a progressive approach.

We badly, so desperately need a new direction, new life, hope.

But we know how this story ends
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In general, and it's beyond coaching...we try to build a team to compete in 2005.

On offense, we don't value interior offensive lineman and still focus on Tackles.

Marvin's over the hill, washed up, been left behind, whooped, over, no longer qualified.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Darrin Simmons can stay. Other than that they can all gtfo.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In general, and it's beyond coaching...we try to build a team to compete in 2005.

1985 more like it but I agree

(11-19-2018, 12:47 PM)McC Wrote: Marvin's over the hill, washed up, been left behind, whooped, over, no longer qualified.

And has been for quite some time !

(11-19-2018, 12:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Darrin Simmons can stay. Other than that they can all gtfo.

I guess I'd be ok with him but like you say the rest can GTFO
Reply/Quote
Well as of right now we don’t even have a DC. Marv should’ve been gone 5+ years ago and I cursed us winning that Balt game last year because I really think he would have stepped down (not have renewed contract if offered one).

The jig js up with Lazor. So many questionable calls yesterday. Why he always decides to run on 2nd and 8 or longer is beyond me. That extra 1-2 yards isn’t gonna do anything, but when it’s the final drive and we have 2nd and a manageable 3 he goes deep on the same play that didn’t work earlier in game?!?! Wtf.

Down AJ Green so our best offensive weapon is Mixon and he hardly uses him. Oh and the screen passes that Mixon usually turns into big gains was dialed up once yesterday. Works early and then you don’t see it again.

Sabotage I tell ya.
Reply/Quote

And the focus on tackles failed magnificently.  It's one thing if you walk away with two great tackles, but that was a disaster.

And i agree, the Bengals need an entirely new staff, picked by a new HC.  Then it's his guys and he sinks or swims with them.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Darrin Simmons can stay. Other than that they can all gtfo.

Pollack has been OK to this year, I feel like he has made the most of what he had to work with. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:53 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Well as of right now we don’t even have a DC. Marv should’ve been gone 5+ years ago and I cursed us winning that Balt game last year because I really think he would have stepped down (not have renewed contract if offered one).

The jig js up with Lazor. So many questionable calls yesterday.  Why he always decides to run on 2nd and 8 or longer is beyond me.  That extra 1-2 yards isn’t gonna do anything, but when it’s the final drive and we have 2nd and a manageable 3 he goes deep on the same play that didn’t work earlier in game?!?! Wtf.

Down AJ Green so our best offensive weapon is Mixon and he hardly uses him. Oh and the screen passes that Mixon usually turns into big gains was dialed up once yesterday. Works early and then you don’t see it again.

Sabotage I tell ya.

I liked Lazor coming into this year but he has been baffling to say the least. The lack of Mixon usage, the creativity of plays, the 2nd down runs yesterday were cringe worthy. 

I just dont understand what he is doing. I get that he is limited in a sense, but we look light years behind at times. 
Reply/Quote
This will sound weird, but I am actually cool with Hue staying as O coordinator. I think as an O coordinator he can still be one of the better ones in the league. I am anti Hue as much as anyone for head coach, but if there is a way to keep him here to run the O I'd be cool with it, if not no huge deal. If we move on though I'd like to see someone from the college game come up to give a different perspective on offense.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:59 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Pollack has been OK to this year, I feel like he has made the most of what he had to work with. 

Van Pelt was doing some nice work with Andy earlier this season too. So basically we have 3 coaches that don’t suck. On a staff of how many?

Reply/Quote
Katherine Terrell reported that Marvin couldn’t even figure out how to use the head set on the first defensive drive to get the calls in. Hardy Nickerson was just staring at Marvin waiting for the call because Marvin was hitting the wrong botton, you literally can’t make this stuff you figured they would practice this during the week. Also this whole moral victory attitude with the coach and players is embrassing. Saying they improved and they had positives that came from this game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kat_terrell/status/1064276882798125056
https://mobile.twitter.com/kat_terrell/status/1064281748312391680
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 01:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Van Pelt was doing some nice work with Andy earlier this season too. So basically we have 3 coaches that don’t suck. On a staff of how many?

I think 20? But his son left the staff earlier in the year, so 19?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:59 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Pollack has been OK to this year, I feel like he has made the most of what he had to work with. 

I'd say that if PA was still here, Andy would already have been deceased.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think this is finally the breaking point for me. I've held out judgement on Lazor, Hasselet, Teryl Austin...hell, even Marv.

Laugh and smile, Weezy...Laugh and smile. Not much else you can do. This show has been on repeat for quite some time. I don't see them doing anything outside of what they know, so just laugh and smile. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 01:13 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Katherine Terrell reported that Marvin couldn’t even figure out how to use the head set on the first defensive drive to get the calls in. Hardy Nickerson was just staring at Marvin waiting for the call because Marvin was hitting the wrong botton, you literally can’t make this stuff you figured they would practice this during the week. Also this whole moral victory attitude  with the coach and players is embrassing. Saying they improved and they had positives that came from this game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kat_terrell/status/1064276882798125056
https://mobile.twitter.com/kat_terrell/status/1064281748312391680
Lol
Reply/Quote