Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
This is the BEST Free Agency I've Ever Seen in the Burrow Era
Would really like to see a OT or DT signed still.

Yet a good start
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I am sure we will see both OT and DT signed; remember this is just tampering period Day 2.
Reply/Quote
Nope.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
The tier 1 and 2 guys are almost all gone.
Reply/Quote
It really hasn't been that great. There is still a lot left to be done.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 07:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The tier 1 and 2 guys are almost all gone.

So it's 3 players that are actually New to the Team right now and all 3 not that expensive.

Geno Stone (Safety)      Zack Moss (RB)       Mike Gesicki (TE)

RT & DT & Corner seem like the major remaining holes. (maybe a few more say WR depending on TEE &/or Boyd maybe going or not)

The larger dollar Splash move or moves that put a BOW on all of this as a Free Agency "PLAN" must be on the way.
Reply/Quote
Every year there are cuts no one sees coming so to say we are done and in trouble at DT and OT is a reach.

If we have a need heading into the draft at DT and OT, I will be worried.

I would not be surprised if Bengals have offered Reader and J. Williams contracts, but they are both exploring the market. Williams did a nice job at RT a year ago. as he learned the position. Bengals can easily afford both of them.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
This is pathetic so far. I don’t know how anyone likes what they have done. They act like they have zero cap space. All these other teams with little cap space or average are making big moves. Bengals are small time! I don’t mind the guys they have signed, but could have got other great players to really help the team. Not trying to be negative, but they were in the top 10 in cap space. This is why the Bengals have never won a Super Bowl, because they will not do what it takes.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 08:41 PM)BengalsJA Wrote: This is pathetic so far. I don’t know how anyone likes what they have done. They act like they have zero cap space. All these other teams with little cap space or average are making big moves. Bengals are small time! I don’t mind the guys they have signed, but could have got other great players to really help the team. Not trying to be negative, but they were in the top 10 in cap space. This is why the Bengals have never won a Super Bowl, because they will not do what it takes.

My thoughts exactly. No clue how people here think we have had a good start to FA. Our whole division has gotten better and we have gotten worse. Teams with 4x less cap space than us have been signing much better players than we have. There aren’t many, if any difference makers left.
You are right about the reason we have never won a Super Bowl. The fan base and media in Cincy is so soft that ownership skates by just being competitive
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 08:50 PM)CottonHill Wrote: My thoughts exactly. No clue how people here think we have had a good start to FA. Our whole division has gotten better and we have gotten worse. Teams with 4x less cap space than us have been signing much better players than we have. There aren’t many, if any difference makers left.
You are right about the reason we have never won a Super Bowl. The fan base and media in Cincy is so soft that ownership skates by just being competitive

Free Agency hasn't even started yet. So many moves to come, you negative nancy's come on here every year and then leave
as soon as the good stuff happens. Go root for the Chiefs, you clearly are not a Bengal fan.
Reply/Quote
We're off to a fine start and we must look at it through a different lens than we did the big $ FA of 21. Back then we were one of the worst teams in the NFL; we're now one of the best.

There's still a lot of talent left out there in our positions of "need" (RT,DT,CB) and the asking price gets lower every day.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Promising start... This is tampering period. A definite upgrade at safety, decent upgrade at RB and a promising TE. I mean... Not too bad. WR and DT will come.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 09:44 PM)M.W. Wrote: Promising start... This is tampering period.  A definite upgrade at safety, decent upgrade at RB and a promising TE.  I mean... Not too bad. WR and DT will come.

And RT. I know a lot don't like Trent Brown because of his age and Becton because of his injury history and poor play last year but
either one of these guys wouldn't be bad for a year or two while we bring in a rookie to learn from them. Also, Jonah and DJ could 
be back for all we know. Nobody knows much right now as the only ones talking for the most part are Schefter and the players.

Official things will start tomorrow and I agree, the additions needed will come.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 10:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And RT. I know a lot don't like Trent Brown because of his age and Becton because of his injury history and poor play last year but
either one of these guys wouldn't be bad for a year or two while we bring in a rookie to learn from them. Also, Jonah and DJ could 
be back for all we know. Nobody knows much right now as the only ones talking for the most part are Schefter and the players.

Official things will start tomorrow and I agree, the additions needed will come.

Promising start? Are you guys being serious? Have you seen what other teams have already done?
And if you guys think Gesicki, Stine and Moss are studs you must think 3/4 of the league are great
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 10:22 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Promising start? Are you guys being serious? Have you seen what other teams have already done?
And if you guys think Gesicki, Stine and Moss are studs you must think 3/4 of the league are great

I see it's time for the story of the Old Bull and the Young Bull
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 10:22 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Promising start? Are you guys being serious? Have you seen what other teams have already done?

This happens every year since Zac and Burrow got here. 

You people gush over the stealers, Ratbirds and Stains FA signings and they end up doing nothing in the Playoffs.

Just watch, when FA actually starts you will not be around once the holes are filled and if you are, I really don't care what you say anyways.

We can win in the Playoffs now with Burrow and as long as the trenches are taken care of we will be right back winning in the Playoffs.

Gesicki was good with the Dolphins when he had okay QB play, Stone had 7 ints last year and was the best cover Safety in the NFL, Moss is 
as solid as it gets and is better and younger than Mixon etc.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 10:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I see it's time for the story of the Old Bull and the Young Bull
Yep.
Why break tradition ?
It'd be like missing Rudolph on TV at Christmas time.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
So far all of the signings show a plan and speak directly to issues that killed us last season.

Last season THE MAJOR ISSUE on defense was explosive pass plays which were almost all caused by communication breakdowns and alignment mistakes to the point where the LBers even had no confidence the secondary was aligned correctly. Enter Geno Stone who is an excellent cover safety, noted for his savvy and smarts and played in a complex defense and handled some of those same communications assignments.

Last two seasons Mixon has been a big liability in pass protect and his inability to make the first defender miss / break tackles made the run game look a lot worse than it really was. Enter Zack Moss who is an effective pass protector and ranked highly in breaking tackles, balance, getting extra yards - in other words the exact areas we were weak in.

Even Gesicke speaks to a weakness, namely the lack of a true mismatch receiver from the TE/slot position.

Best Free Agency is a bit of a reach when you have 2021 to compare to. But so far pretty good and it is following a plan and addressing issues.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 08:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Free Agency hasn't even started yet. So many moves to come, you negative nancy's come on here every year and then leave
as soon as the good stuff happens. Go root for the Chiefs, you clearly are not a Bengal fan.

First off, just because I don’t like what has happened so far doesn’t mean I’m not a Bengals fan. Had season tickets for years & go to all home games/2-3 away games each year. Drive about 5hrs for every home game. I’m a huge fan & just want them to do what it takes to win. If they make great moves tomorrow or whenever I will give them praise. So, just cause we don’t agree you shouldn’t tell me to go be a fan of another team. I believe we haven’t really gotten better & many other teams have. Don’t really see any big names left in the positions we need. Don’t want a rookie starting at RT!
Reply/Quote
Is this post for real? I really can’t tell. Raise your hand if you said before free agency you “we’re just Geno Stone away from winning the Super Bowl”? We gave one guy a 2 year $14M contract and now we’re Super Bowl champs. I don’t think there are any free agents left that will improve this team enough to beat the Cheifs, ravens, browns or Texans in the playoffs. Yeah we’re not done, we have like $30M left to spend…on average to above average players. We need some pro bowlers on this team.
Reply/Quote