Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
This is the BEST Free Agency I've Ever Seen in the Burrow Era
(03-13-2024, 02:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Logan was hurt too and you could see it. Poor DL play with hurt players in Hubbard and Wilson along with Pratt and his poor angles in 
tackling and holding players up and ripping at the ball along with poor communication was just a terrible combination last season. Our 
Linebackers in Logan and Germaine didn't just forget how to play football after getting those contracts.

It is clear though that Pratt is not a 3 down LB after last season. Which Stone helps us in this aspect as we can use our talented first 
round pick in Dax Hill on 3rd downs and as a Slot Corner at times preparing for Hilton's exit next year.

We don't know how much adding Geno Stone helped our Defense in adding an elite cover Free Safety. It could be drastically.

You're right and I shouldn't pile it all on the LBs. There were several factors as you mentioned. Losing Reader was big. He's a beast against the run. Regardless, the D has to tackle better this season, or we are in trouble.  
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:53 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: You're right and I shouldn't pile it all on the LBs. There were several factors as you mentioned. Losing Reader was big. He's a beast against the run. Regardless, the D has to tackle better this season, or we are in trouble.  

Oh yeah, tackling has to improve big time. I think it will, it wasn't long ago when we were one of the best tackling Defenses in the NFL.

We can get back there. Sometimes it takes a terrible year like we had to waken your Defense up. That was embarrassing and I think our D 
has way too much pride to not really work on tackling and communication along with taking better angles this Offseason.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 01:41 AM)Capt.Morgan Wrote: Here's what I don't understand with the Mixon trade; how exactly did we get more 'explosive' in the running game with virtually the same oline that was weak at the point of attack last year?

Until we get some strength and lineman with the ability to knock people off the los, no back we have is going to average 4.3-4.7 a carry like the FO is saying they want.

Our road to the SB is really simple, keep JoeyB on his feet and open up holes in the running game. Thats it.

Oh and sign Higgins already. Are we seriously going to risk losing a guy like Tee because we're looking to sign guys cheap?

You forgot stopping the run.

1. Keep Joe upright. 
2. Stop the run 
3. Better run game (helps keep Joe upright & leads to more explosive pass plays). 
4. Better interior pass rush.

Nada in the trenches. 

Though, Moss is a better pass blocker than Mixin and Sample a good blocking TE. So I guess we have helped a bit. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 04:08 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: You forgot stopping the run.

1. Keep Joe upright. 
2. Stop the run 
3. Better run game (helps keep Joe upright & leads to more explosive pass plays). 
4. Better interior pass rush.

Nada in the trenches. 

Though, Moss is a better pass blocker than Mixin and Sample a good blocking TE. So I guess we have helped a bit. 

More needs to be done in these areas no question.
Reply/Quote