Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(03-15-2023, 12:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's typically how they always operate. So should help.

Really the way they can mess this up would be trying to rely on rookies and 2nd year players that haven't proven anything.

Knowing that a player can at least give you an acceptable Floor of performance is important.

The Cedric Ogbuehi replacing Whitworth on the O-line moves can't happen.

Dax Hill has 1st round traits and some rookie experience under his belt so he should develop. They need to get a lower cost Veteran Safety that has that acceptable Floor of talent to stabilize the safety position this year. Then maybe a 3rd or 4th round Drafted Safety for the Pipeline.

If they can get this right, Burrow can drive the Train.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 09:13 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: If you want to know why people are disappointed. Look no further than the Chiefs. They are continuously making moves to get better. The Bengals are just not creative or willing to push the cap to maximize the our chances for a championship. 

Again I like Tee. But if your asking me if it's put money towards defense and oline or Tee than I have to go defense and Oline. 

Extending Reader would be an ideal move to free up cap space and close any gap they were experiencing with Bell/Perine. The won't even do that to save talent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: Extending Reader would be an ideal move to free up cap space and close any gap they were experiencing with Bell/Perine. The won't even do that to save talent.

From what I can tell, it's not cap space that's the issue.
It's guaranteed money and/or lack of willing to give enough years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:59 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: LMFAO.  So are we really going to play this game?  After the last 2 years of free agency?

It's not that hard.  We already have the "big stars" on the team.  We need the role players.

Don't spend boat loads of money on guys that are role players.  We'll sign competent guys and will have a better roster than last year.

Well said Hammerstripes. We might even end up better off when this is all said and done. We haven't lost a player we cannot 
get an upgrade over with the players out there that are still available....

(03-15-2023, 12:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There's still guys that can help us:

Safeties: Thornhill, Love, Poyer, CJGJ, Rapp
Tackles: Brown, Jermaine Eluemunor, Wynn
DT: Ferrell, Rankins, Campbell
TE: Smith, Schultz
CB: Rock Ya Sin, Apple, Murphy-Bunting
RB: Miles Sanders
Edge: Ngakoue

That is some talent. Just going by preference, I would like to add CGJ, Eluemunor, Rankins, Schultz, Murphy-Bunting and yeah, 
Sanders and Ngakoue lol
Reply/Quote
I feel like someone should insert the “do something” meme with the dude poking something with a stick.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: Extending Reader would be an ideal move to free up cap space and close any gap they were experiencing with Bell/Perine. The won't even do that to save talent.

This is something I would like to see them do this off season is getting Reader locked up for a few more years. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:20 PM)depthchart Wrote: Knowing that a player can at least give you an acceptable Floor of performance is important.

The Cedric Ogbuehi replacing Whitworth on the O-line moves can't happen.

Dax Hill has 1st round traits and some rookie experience under his belt so he should develop. They need to get a lower cost Veteran Safety that has that acceptable Floor of talent to stabilize the safety position this year. Then maybe a 3rd or 4th round Drafted Safety for the Pipeline.

If they can get this right, Burrow can drive the Train.

I think Hill is a huge questionmark at Safety. He could be bad for all we know. And then we have no 2nd Safety.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said Hammerstripes. We might even end up better off when this is all said and done. We haven't lost a player we cannot 
get an upgrade over with the players out there that are still available....

That is some talent. Just going by preference, I would like to add CGJ, Eluemunor, Rankins, Schultz, Murphy-Bunting and yeah, 
Sanders and Ngakoue lol

Yes. And there were more guys that I didn't list. So those were my preference, but there were some other guys that help us too.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: From what I can tell, it's not cap space that's the issue.
It's guaranteed money and/or lack of willing to give enough years.

Correct, they are hoarding cash. The archaic funding rules that were established in the 50's before the NFL became one of the biggest companies in the world is the main hang up stopping smaller market teams from being able to act as the bigger ones in terms of contract structures. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:48 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Seriously.

How do we lose TWO starting safeties in day one, especially knowing that we're out of the market for one of them?

"We want to go younger" is just a euphemism for "we want to be cheap skates". Vonn Bell and Bates is what got us to the SB two years ago, LITERALLY. Look at that overtime interception.

If the Bengals decide to pay for one of the remaining good ones, it's STILL a downgrade. But I get a feeling that they're just fine with Tycen Anderson, which will be a disaster against the Bills and the Cheifs.

The Bengals can't afford to have its episodes of buttcheek offense anymore. The Defense won't be top 10 next season.

This feels a like more like a decline. The Bills and Cheifs addressed core issues day one. Bengals objectively are worse off.

Can you please explain how you know that Tycen Anderson is incapable of playing against the Bills or Chiefs? Mind you I am going to need more than just a couch GM opinion. Do you have anything to support this statement?
Reply/Quote
Hayden Hurst just got 7m a year for 3 years and 21 million total. We had him for 3.5 million so hopefully we strike gold with another
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 05:08 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Hayden Hurst just got 7m a year for 3 years and 21 million total. We had him for 3.5 million so hopefully we strike gold with another

We will. Burrow turned Uzomah and Hurst into the same guy who basically got the same deal. I would be curious if someone like Geisecki or Foster Moreau don't look at that and think maybe a one year stop over in Cincinnati isn't the worst idea.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 05:08 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Hayden Hurst just got 7m a year for 3 years and 21 million total. We had him for 3.5 million so hopefully we strike gold with another

Dude had like 400 and something yards and 2 TDs.  If they cant's replace that production, they've got problems.
Reply/Quote
I get loosing players in free agency. I just thought we'd see the Bengals making moves as well. They lost 3 starters and Perine who played quite a bit. The Bengals have cap room - excited to see who they bring in
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 05:10 PM)samhain Wrote: Dude had like 400 and something yards and 2 TDs.  If they cant's replace that production, they've got problems.

Wow then if he matches up with your analysis the Carolina staff and front office are dumber than dirt or maybe someone else is.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 05:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: We will. Burrow turned Uzomah and Hurst into the same guy who basically got the same deal. I would be curious if someone like Geisecki or Foster Moreau don't look at that and think maybe a one year stop over in Cincinnati isn't the worst idea.

Exactly

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 04:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: Correct, they are hoarding cash. The archaic funding rules that were established in the 50's before the NFL became one of the biggest companies in the world is the main hang up stopping smaller market teams from being able to act as the bigger ones in terms of contract structures. 

And they aren’t going to overpay. Now it remains to be seen if they are being to conservative. We’ll see after free agency and the draft. I can assure you Joe Burrow is in the loop. He wants Tee as does Chase. Whether it all works out who knows.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals Front Office is letting free agency and the draft come to them. We will see how that works. We are going to have to wait and see. The horse race has barely got to the first turn.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 05:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Wow then if he matches up with your analysis the Carolina staff and front office are dumber than dirt or maybe someone else is.

I don't know how dumb they are, but their recent track record isn't great.  

Hurst might be worth the money to that offense, but he certainly isn't here with 3 better receiving options already on the roster.  
Reply/Quote
I have questions.

1) Does ANYONE think we should have paid BATES $16 mil a year and $62 mil total?
2) Does ANYONE think we should have paid HURST $7 mil a year and $21 mil total?
3) Does ANYONE think we should have paid PERINE $3.5 mil a year to be RB2?

ANYONE?

Now, Bell is a different story. But if you answer NO three times, kindly stop b!tching.
Reply/Quote