Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This is why Im not crazy about the Finely pick
(08-01-2019, 02:12 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was sitting in the endzone seats last year and watched Driskel attempt a throw to an open WR right in front of me. He could stand 4 feet away from Paul Brown stadium and miss the side of it if he tried to hit it with a football.

Thats why i was crazy about the Finley pick. Even though I wanted Stidham. We needed a backup QB and went and got one. I will give him some time.

I really wanted Stidham too.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe just maybe he’s not very good and we wiffed on this 4 th round pick. Meanwhile wR Willis seems to be killing it.
Reply/Quote
Willis is the making that WR room a tough decision for Taylor and Tobin on cutdown down
no way Willis can be hid on the taxi squad
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 03:45 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Maybe just maybe he’s not very good and we wiffed on this 4 th round pick.  Meanwhile wR Willis seems to be killing it.

I think Willis will make the PS.  He is a small package but I love how he fights for the ball and the guy makes uncanny catches from what i have seen.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 01:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Everytime I see one of your posts, I'm thinking you wrote a poem. But, then I read it and it doesn't rhyme (I know they don't HAVE to rhyme) and I get angry.

If you don't like that poem, you don't like good poetry.

It's all about the pacing. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 03:49 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Willis is the making that WR room a tough decision for Taylor and Tobin on cutdown down
no way Willis can be hid on the taxi squad

Maybe Cody Core doesn't make the roster this year?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 03:28 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yeah, but what you guys aren't factoring in is . . . some people DESPERATELY want to replace Dalton and now that their dreams are shattered, again, it's vent time.

It's this right here, coupled with some of the projections that had Finley rated a lot higher than we actually got him. IIRC ESPN in particular had him as a low first round/early second round guy, and I doubt they were the only ones. People convinced themselves that we got a steal and some went even farther and thought he'd be Dalton's replacement, and now that he looks like a typical 4th round pick EVERYBODY PANIC.

Pointed this out elsewhere, too, but if you're one of those guys on the Dolegala bandwagon I think he didn't get a single snap in any of the 7-on-7 or 11-on-11 work the Bengals ran yesterday unless I missed something.

I don't think Finley is going anywhere yet, it's just a matter of whether they decide to keep Driskel around IMO.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 04:42 PM)NKURyan Wrote: It's this right here, coupled with some of the projections that had Finley rated a lot higher than we actually got him. IIRC ESPN in particular had him as a low first round/early second round guy, and I doubt they were the only ones. People convinced themselves that we got a steal and some went even farther and thought he'd be Dalton's replacement, and now that he looks like a typical 4th round pick EVERYBODY PANIC.

Pointed this out elsewhere, too, but if you're one of those guys on the Dolegala bandwagon I think he didn't get a single snap in any of the 7-on-7 or 11-on-11 work the Bengals ran yesterday unless I missed something.

I don't think Finley is going anywhere yet, it's just a matter of whether they decide to keep Driskel around IMO.

Driskel has looked good during Training camp and preseason games in the past.  Just doesn't translate into actual games.  If they keep 3 QB, it will take a roster spot from somewhere else, either WR or D-Line.   
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 01:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Been reading how Finley is struggling
in camp etc etc.
Rookie QBs go through growing pains blah blah
we have seen it.
heres why I dont like the selection.
vs ranked teams he melted down.
vs Clemson 156 yds
vs Texas AM 136.
to me Finely beats up on weaker competition
but wilts vs really good teams.
so far looks,like to me the game this year and next year
will be too big for him.
everything has to work around him in order for him
to move the chains.
he lacks swagger. hes lacks that Brett Farve Baker Mayfield
confidence.
if a QB lacks that.hes done.
I cant see him being next in line

Well he's a Bengals so I wish him loads of luck.

(08-01-2019, 01:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I live just outside of Raleigh, so I get more than a healthy dose of all things NC State related.  NC State oversells their QBs, wanting to believe that each one is going to be the next Phillip Rivers, and so far the next Phillip Rivers has been no where in sight.  Finely is just another in a line of NC State QB duds.  Remember Mike Glennon?  Yeah, the giraffe neck looking guy that bombed out with Tampa Bay and got pushed aside in favor of Jameis Winston??  Well, Glennon was the reason that Russell Wilson ended up at Wisconsin for his final season.  NC State was going to bench Wilson in favor of Glennon, so Wilson just transferred.

ok, and speaking of Rivers, Easton Stick is the QB I wanted us to draft, and camp notes say he's making the typical rookie mistakes, but also slinging some beauties.

EDIT: I don't think Glennon was given a fair shake in the NFL though. He did good when he was leading the team in TB as a Rookie, just not setting the world on fire or an exciting player, and they ended up drafting Wineston the next year anyways.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 01:28 PM)NKURyan Wrote: It's early and he's a fourth round pick. For all we know Renell Wren and Micheal Jordan could be struggling just as much, but you won't hear about that because they're not QBs.

Further clouding things up is the fact that some fans are always looking for Andy's replacement and convinced themselves that Finley had a chance to dethrone him.

You AD Lovers never quit do you?

I'm not one, but AD has earned the right to lead this team and we don't need another QB unless we have a top draft spot then I might consider it.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 04:42 PM)NKURyan Wrote: It's this right here, coupled with some of the projections that had Finley rated a lot higher than we actually got him. IIRC ESPN in particular had him as a low first round/early second round guy, and I doubt they were the only ones. People convinced themselves that we got a steal and some went even farther and thought he'd be Dalton's replacement, and now that he looks like a typical 4th round pick EVERYBODY PANIC.

Maybe Dolegala is better but ZT refuses to give him a chance over "his guy" in Finley.  It's never too soon to start a baseless rumor. 
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 04:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe Cody Core doesn't make the roster this year?

id keep core over tate
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 05:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe Dolegala is better but ZT refuses to give him a chance over "his guy" in Finley.  It's never too soon to start a baseless rumor. 

Right, because everyone knows that NFL coaches don't care anything about playing the best players in order to win as much as possible.  Instead they just play personal favorites and don't worry about winning.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 06:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: id keep core over tate

I don't have a "personal" favorite.  I'll take whichever plays better.  So far that has been Core, but if Tate is better this season that is who I want to keep.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 05:24 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You AD Lovers never quit do you?

I'm not one, but AD has earned the right to lead this team and we don't need another QB unless we have a top draft spot then I might consider it.

Duh?

But sure, let's pretend there isn't a section of the fanbase who desperately wants anybody but Andy at QB. I'm sure they totally all went away when AJ McCarron went away and amounted to nothing after years of calling for him to start here.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 06:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right, because everyone knows that NFL coaches don't care anything about playing the best players in order to win as much as possible.  Instead they just play personal favorites and don't worry about winning.

Now you're on the trolley!  
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 03:49 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Willis will make the PS.  He is a small package but I love how he fights for the ball and the guy makes uncanny catches from what i have seen.  

Isn't Willis like 6'3" 205? Not sure that makes him a small package. He's bigger than the kid from Nebraska.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 06:34 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Duh?

But sure, let's pretend there isn't a section of the fanbase who desperately wants anybody but Andy at QB. I'm sure they totally all went away when AJ McCarron went away and amounted to nothing after years of calling for him to start here.

This.

I make sure anytime AJM pops up in the news (usually for being released or being behind such talent as Nathan Peterman) that people from this fanbase realize they cannot judge talent properly. Dalton is not without faults. I don't think any of his supporters think anything different. But he's the best we have and best we are able to obtain. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 07:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Isn't Willis like 6'3" 205? Not sure that makes him a small package. He's bigger than the kid from Nebraska.

It's possible people who have attended training camp are getting the two mixed up. They both where single digit uniforms (8 and 9, I think?), and since they both roll their jerseys up at the bottom and most aren't the familiar with them it's pretty easy to get confused.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 01:17 PM)Big Boss Wrote: All aboard the Dolegala Hype Train.

I was not crazy about the finley pick and I could see him getting cut or traded and I like the other rook much better and I think he is a winner.We shall have to wait and see how it all works out,but as of right now I would much rather keep the other rook,the tall one,6 ft 7 in tall.I also think the qb that played last year will be Daltons back up. Who -Dey :andy: ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote