Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This place is seriously depressing
I like to come here and read some different perspectives. The debate is fun and some (emphasis on some) of the people here have some interesting insight into the Bengals. I cannot believe how negative and cynical the tone is though. I was following the gameday thread today (which I very rarely do) and people were complaining that the bengals only had a 17-7 lead at the half?!?!? I think many of you need to realize that you can't have a $20 million/year player at each position. In fact, it is my belief that one of those types of contracts can seriously hamstring the future of a franchise in most instances. My point is that this team is 9-2 and has very good depth and quite a few superstar caliber players. Enjoy it! I always want my teams to improve but the critical nature of this board is over the top...
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 08:50 PM)thegimp Wrote: I like to come here and read some different perspectives.  The debate is fun and some (emphasis on some) of the people here have some interesting insight into the Bengals.  I cannot believe how negative and cynical the tone is though.  I was following the gameday thread today (which I very rarely do) and people were complaining that the bengals only had a 17-7 lead at the half?!?!?  I think many of you need to realize that you can't have a $20 million/year player at each position.  In fact, it is my belief that one of those types of contracts can seriously hamstring the future of a franchise in most instances.  My point is that this team is 9-2 and has very good depth and quite a few superstar caliber players.  Enjoy it!  I always want my teams to improve but the critical nature of this board is over the top...

Sure you can, you just can't actually pay them that!

Seriously, don't obsess with the fact that many (or is it most) on here can't be happy...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
During the Cardinals game we had people so cynical that they firmly believed the Bengals would finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs. People need a wake up call. No, we're not a juggernaut, but we're a very good football team who can beat any team in the league this year if things go their way. Considering the last 35 years we've been mediocre, I'll settle with very good.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 09:03 PM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: During the Cardinals game we had people so cynical that they firmly believed the Bengals would finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs. People need a wake up call. No, we're not a juggernaut, but we're a very good football team who can beat any team in the league this year if things go their way.  Considering the last 35 years we've been mediocre, I'll settle with very good.

They were doing it in the third quarter against the Texans...
Reply/Quote
Maybe once we win a playoff game or two, some of us will be a lot happier and a little less cynical.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 09:07 PM)PApinhead Wrote: Maybe once we win a playoff game or two, some of us will be a lot happier and a little less cynical.

Agreed.I was just accused of the same thing (no proof provided) by posters with the exact same attitude but from the other side of the fence. Goes both ways.
Reply/Quote
Some of us will only be happy with a Superbowl, and we will party hard.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We played so well today that all the usual suspects had to complain about is that we kept our starters in too long.

I'd imagine if we would have pulled them early, they would have complain about not "stomping on the throat."

I enjoy the gameday thread but I must admit there are times I have to log out of it; like when the D gives up a 1st down or the O has to punt.

Oh, and using TOs is considered wasting them.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 09:06 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They were doing it in the third quarter against the Texans...

Oh yeah, you're right. That's even more embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 09:07 PM)PApinhead Wrote: Maybe once we win a playoff game or two, some of us will be a lot happier and a little less cynical.

It's going to happen.  Don't you want to enjoy the ride to the playoffs?  
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 08:50 PM)thegimp Wrote: I like to come here and read some different perspectives.  The debate is fun and some (emphasis on some) of the people here have some interesting insight into the Bengals.  I cannot believe how negative and cynical the tone is though.  I was following the gameday thread today (which I very rarely do) and people were complaining that the bengals only had a 17-7 lead at the half?!?!?  I think many of you need to realize that you can't have a $20 million/year player at each position.  In fact, it is my belief that one of those types of contracts can seriously hamstring the future of a franchise in most instances.  My point is that this team is 9-2 and has very good depth and quite a few superstar caliber players.  Enjoy it!  I always want my teams to improve but the critical nature of this board is over the top...

This is why I don't hang in JN a lot. Typical bengals fans are awful fans. Especially the ones who have never expierenced the down years . You get a lot of those fans here who started back in 2005. Their posting reminds me of 90's Cincinnati sports talk radio.

These are the fans who make a 17-7 halftime lead a ridiculous notion. Or the fact we aren't undefeated .... These are also the same idiots who boo Dalton like crazy. Never getting the pleasure of expierencing.... Mitchell, O'Donnel, Smith, Klingler. All they know is Carson Palmer and Dalton .... And they listen to how great the national media makes CP.

Don't let idiots bother you man . If they haven't lived the Shula, Coslet, LeBeau years then you can take their posts with a grain of salt.
Reply/Quote
The gameday thread is a healthy place to release the up and down emotions of the game being played. I'm mostly a positive poster on there but sometimes instead of screaming at the television and scaring my dog senseless and letting things bother me for a extended period of time, i'll simply type something like "pathetic" and feel instantly better. I'm not sure why this is but it is. The most important thing is the fans keep coming back and continue to support the team.

Reply/Quote
Right now, the Bengals are the #3 team in the entire NFL, behind only New England and Carolina. Neither of those team have had anywhere near the level of competition of the Bengals. The Bengals will be more battle tested come the playoffs. I don't think this New England team is without flaws. If the Bengals can secure at least the #2 seed, I think they will get their shot at the Pats.

I know, I know....there is a lot of football between now and then, but I think that is how it is going to play out.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:16 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: The gameday thread is a healthy place to release the up and down emotions of the game being played. I'm mostly a positive poster on there but sometimes instead of screaming at the television and scaring my dog senseless and letting things bother me for a extended period of time, i'll simply type something like "pathetic" and feel instantly better.  I'm not sure why this is but it is. The most important thing is the fans keep coming back and continue to support the team.

Exactly. Why some posters care so much about what other posters post baffles me.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 09:17 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Some of us will only be happy with a Superbowl, and we will party hard.

I wonder.....I have seen teams win Super Bowls and right away the coach and players are asked, " What about next year "....and the coach and players have to say, " Can we enjoy this Super Bowl win first ". .......I'm not so sure that after a Bengals Super Bowl win, the board wouldn't be full of threads of how now we will lose our best coaches and some top players in free agency and we have to draft last....and instead of a great party, the sky is falling all over again the moment after a Super Bowl win.....I would hope I am wrong on this, but you never go broke predicting how fickle and negative fans can be.  In front of every silver lining to them is a dark cloud, the glass always half empty.  ....That said, it would be great for this franchise and these players to win a Super Bowl that they can look back on and say, " We Did It ". 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: All they know is Carson Palmer and Dalton .... And they listen to how great the national media makes CP.  

Don't let idiots bother you man .  If they haven't lived the Shula, Coslet, LeBeau years then you can take their posts with a grain of salt.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
Reply/Quote

No offence, but it can be depressing not being able to express your feelings, because you might ruin someone else's mood or you don't have "the spirit" deemed appropriate. Goes both ways
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:19 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Right now, the Bengals are the #3 team in the entire NFL, behind only New England and Carolina.  Neither of those team have had anywhere near the level of competition of the Bengals.  The Bengals will be more battle tested come the playoffs.  I don't think this New England team is without flaws.  If the Bengals can secure at least the #2 seed, I think they will get their shot at the Pats.

I know, I know....there is a lot of football between now and then, but I think that is how it is going to play out.

Good assessment - I agree with what you said.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote

I agree, to a point.  The playoff drought has been a serious disappointment.  However, if there ever was a Bengal team to go all-in on, in the past 25 years, this is the one.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Rule #1 - Never read the gameday thread!

That was your first mistake.
Reply/Quote