Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This says it all!!!
(01-02-2022, 06:54 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Seriously, I saw this brought up in the GD thread at least 3 times.  Im sure it was more but I dont read every post.  Its time to move on people

Burrow is so good that people who wanted to draft Mahommes over John Ross should feel like idiots. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Lol, neither actually...

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/blinking-white-guy

I was waaay off lol
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: 4 sacks but two were on Burrow - he likes to hold the ball longer waiting for plays and if we want the big plays some of these sacks are part of it too.

He also avoided at least two sacks with his awareness and ability to move in the pocket.

Putting Uzomah 1 on 1 vs Clark was a real head scratcher.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:02 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: I was waaay off lol

In fairness, he does look like a young Michael C Hall.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
most impressive win today, converted several members here into Burrow fans from his earlier pick fest. We can see his improvement even from the beginning of this year. Once he starts taking less sacks (some on him), we're in a good spot.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:08 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: most impressive win today, converted several members here into Burrow fans from his earlier pick fest. We can see his improvement even from the beginning of this year. Once he starts taking less sacks (some on him), we're in a good spot.

Ja'Marr said Joe was 10x smarter than he was at the beginning of the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:29 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Remember when we wanted Sewell in the first? Lol

We could have ended 12-5 with Sewell.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:28 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: So do we fire Zac now or after the Super Bowl?

Or don't tell him and just move him down to the basement. He can keep the red stapler.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:18 PM)pally Wrote: Ja'Marr said Joe was 10x smarter than he was at the beginning of the season

He definitely seems smarter, it's crazy. What's also crazy is jamarr's impact, he must have won 4-5 games for us this year by himself. He made several incredible plays today that would be good for an average WR to have one of those plays all year.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:18 PM)pally Wrote: Ja'Marr said Joe was 10x smarter than he was at the beginning of the season

Best time to win a Super Bowl is your rookie year JaMarr, heck yeah!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: The sniping and passive aggression about the draft needs to stop.  No matter who you wanted in the draft, it was because you wanted to enjoy W's like this one.  We should all put those agendas aside and enjoy this one.

Should have ended week 1 but it will probably continue for another season or two.

I think the mods are in favor of it sadly since there is a sticky thread that literally is just a place to keep the arguments front and center.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:08 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: most impressive win today, converted several members here into Burrow fans from his earlier pick fest. We can see his improvement even from the beginning of this year. Once he starts taking less sacks (some on him), we're in a good spot.

He could easily be recognized as the best QB in the NFL in 3 years. Or sooner.
Reply/Quote
They made the right pick with Chase. But next year, it’s OL/DL/OL/LB/DB in the draft and hopefully in FA.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yup, I thought Chase would be really good (he was the #1 ahead of Jefferson after all, and Jefferson tore it up). It was just that after the knee surgery and the lack of FA OL, I thought they Bengals needed to go heavy on the OL early.

Still seeing a Burrow who is getting absolutely crushed. Dude lost his nameplate on his jersey and was limping at least two separate times during this game alone. Leads the NFL in getting sacked.

Chase is great, but if the Bengals can't keep Burrow upright and healthy, then it doesn't matter who is at WR. The Chiefs defense came into the game 28th in sacks and got 4 against Burrow and plenty of more hits.

Yep. If this year has taught me anything, it's that BOTH sides of that stupid debate had extremely valid points. The only thing we were wrong about was pretending the other side was stupid. 

Yes, Chase was a phenom and tough to pass up.
Yes our line is still hot garbage and Burrow is getting pummeled on a weekly basis. And no, it's not mostly on Joe or mostly on RBs or the tooth fairy.

If we can all admit that both sides had a point, maybe we could move on and just enjoy the best win of my lifetime without chucking this up every 5 minutes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: That Burrow dance though. LOL

another shot of it

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:31 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I love Chase

I still worry for Burrow’s health

Chase gave us immediate success, but we need line for long term success and Burrows health for sure.
Reply/Quote
C'mon Media Team... we're gonna need that post game locker room speech!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:20 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Should have ended week 1 but it will probably continue for another season or two.

I think the mods are in favor of it sadly since there is a sticky thread that literally is just a place to keep the arguments front and center.

No, we're most definitely not. 

That thread was put there to keep new ones from popping up every week. That said, I do think it may be time to consider moving on from it. I'll bring it up to the others.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yep. If this year has taught me anything, it's that BOTH sides of that stupid debate had extremely valid points. The only thing we were wrong about was pretending the other side was stupid. 

Yes, Chase was a phenom and tough to pass up.
Yes our line is still hot garbage and Burrow is getting pummeled on a weekly basis. And no, it's not mostly on Joe or mostly on RBs or the tooth fairy.

If we can all admit that both sides had a point, maybe we could move on and just enjoy the best win of my lifetime without chucking this up every 5 minutes.

Sure... OR.. just hear me out on this Shake... we could just continue to bring it up whenever Burrow gets hit or Chase gets a big play for the next 15 years because one of us must be right and one of us must be wrong, and the person who was wrong needs their face rubbed in it, damnit.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:29 PM)pally Wrote: another shot of it

Love to see it. Best 2 week span I've had as a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote