Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This season might be toast
(11-01-2022, 12:54 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bengals won the division in 2013 and went 3-3. So it’s not impossible

Ravens are 2-0 in the division. They aren't going to lose 3 or 4 more divisional games. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:56 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The difference between this year and last year is the injuries. Three of our 4 best players have significant injuries. 

Well yeah we got "lucky" per se. Evan hitting basically everything from any distance now also looks like "luck". This guy has come back down to earth unless he ever says Clark Harris is his reason for making all those FGs. Without Evan we're not winning a playoff game, we're not throwing people down by 21 consistently.
Reply/Quote
Stop comparing this year to last year people. It's apples and oranges.

Injuries, schedule, etc.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:42 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Getting hit pretty hard now with injuries. They have to absolutely win the next two. That’s life in the NFL, and if they don’t get to the playoffs this year, most of their guys are back next year.

I was talking to another Bengals fan at the game. With Chase's injury, it's starting to make me think about the long term future, who we have to pay, and when. Because in that long term future (which is coming up "soon"), we start running out of room to pay for all of our players, so where is our window - is it now, or is it later? Because later, we won't have as much talent since we will be top heavy in salary. That chase injury could potentially kill 1 of the "free" years, or in other words, one of our only window years. After the window it's chase and burrow and whoever else can be afforded.

Only 1 team wins the super bowl, and it looks like Buffalo's year this year, but wouldn't we surprised if they don't win it. It only takes 1 bad game and they'll join the rest of us losers on the other side.

A sportscaster put it well, the eagles have a "large margin of error". It would be nice to have a large margin of error, i.e. we could make a lot of mistakes and still fumble our way to wins. We weren't like that last year and certainly not this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:46 AM)SladeX Wrote: We’re golden as long as we don’t have to face any more game wreckers like Garrett from here on out

Remaining on our schedule:

Watt
Garrett
Judon
Von Miller

Not to mention some very good interior guys.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
This one is going to leave a welt. Coming out flat and dropping the first two games that we should have won may cost the Bengals big time.

Browns dominated the Bengals in the trenches. Heck they may have been able to have just ran a QB sneak on every play and beat us. There is nothing positive to come from this game unfortunately.

Defense tried to play with some heart early on but the offenses ineptness just weighed them down until the Bengals were in a hole they weren't coming out of tonight.

Humbling loss and Bengals have a lot of work to do just to sniff the playoffs at this point. Could have practically ended the Browns season but instead let them right back in the race and only 1 game behind us.

Would like to say the injuries hurt us but the Browns were banged up as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow hasn’t regressed. He was literally just AFC Player of the Week. 3 out of our 4 losses have come in games where he was sacked 5+ times. And this most recent one against the Browns I don’t think a single sack will be charged to Burrow. It was probably Jonah Williams worst game as a pro, and Mixon continues to be the most incompetent blocker in the league.

and that took a lot per how bad some of Williams games have been this year. 

Tough assignment but still he has to do better protecting Joe's blind side.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:15 AM)Go Cards Wrote: and that took a lot per how bad some of Williams games have been this year. 

Tough assignment but still he has to do better protecting Joe's blind side.

1000% agree..I've been the biggest Jonah supporter on the boards, the only positive I can give him tonight is that I do commend him for going out there playing through injury, but with that being said if you can't be effective you gotta let the coaches know..
Reply/Quote
This drubbing by the Browns tonight was not totally unexpected based on the record Burrow and the Bengals have against the Browns recently. The OL is still having issues. I don't think the Bengals will make the playoffs this year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:27 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: This drubbing by the Browns tonight was not totally unexpected based on the record Burrow and the Bengals have against the Browns recently. The OL is still having issues. I don't think the Bengals will make the playoffs this year.

And this basically closes the window. We will likely never see the Bengals hoist the Lombardi. It turns out last season was the chance and like always the Bengals found a way to let their fans down...
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:46 AM)Joelist Wrote: This was embarrassing. The team should be publicly apologizing to the fans for such a godawful performance, basically dishonoring the team.

It makes you start to wonder if it really is a new day or if last year was an illusion and we're back to 2020 Bungles...

Why don't you just go root for another team already. My God you are the most consistently whiny fan I've ever seen. If this team makes you this god damn miserable then **** off and go be a Bills fan already.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:35 AM)Joelist Wrote: And this basically closes the window. We will likely never see the Bengals hoist the Lombardi. It turns out last season was the chance and like always the Bengals found a way to let their fans down...

Jesus Christ so over dramatic.

How did they let us down? We were tipped to have one of the worst records in the NFL, we won our first playoff game in 30 odd years, beat the number one seed away from home and then beat a team who had won 1 super bowl and appeared in another in the last two years.

Then we were mere minutes away from actually winning the damn thing if not for a disgusting call by the officials and even then we were a second away from winning if Burrow had some more time.

I can take being pissed off about how this season has panned out but after years of being the butt of jokes by Pat Mcafee and having to explain to people in England that Cincinnati is sort of a place in between New York and Chicago that puts chilli (that isn’t actually chilli) on spaghetti.

Last season they did not let us down in fact after my wedding/Leeds United getting promoted the Bengals going to the super bowl was one of the proudest days of my life.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:36 AM)Trademark Wrote: Played the weakest part of the schedule, still have a couple of weak games coming up but this team is 4-4 and 0-3 in the division. No Chase, no Chido, no Reader, what a disaster of a season, tonight may have been the final nail in the coffin. Might be time to trade some players for picks, this team has so many holes and the OL still sucks. I hope they prove me wrong and get on a hot streak, but this is the first time this season that this team has been completely dominated...

Seasons not over until it's over. We really needed to win these 3 games, but I think several people thought we were in danger of losing this one. Browns and Steelers are terrible and the Ravens aren't much better though they are trying to improve.

In all fairness the entire NFL looks bad outside of Philly, KC, and Buffalo this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:35 AM)Joelist Wrote: And this basically closes the window. We will likely never see the Bengals hoist the Lombardi. It turns out last season was the chance and like always the Bengals found a way to let their fans down...

I was not let down last year per knowing how bad the O-line actually was going into playoffs. Was proud actually even though they lost the big one. 

Yet this year has definitely been a let down so far

Especially thinking the O-line was greatly improved only to watch them give up as many sacks and not be able to get the run game going. 

Gaah Help

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:47 AM)Go Cards Wrote: I was not let down last year per knowing how bad the O-line actually was going into playoffs. Was proud actually even though they lost the big one. 

Yet this year has definitely been a let down so far

Especially thinking the O-line was greatly improved only to watch them give up as many sacks and not be able to get the run game going. 

Head scratcher

This game is not a good example but we have been competitive in most of our games the last two years. We need to turn the corner from competitive to winning all these games and being more consistent.

Consistency is one of our biggest issues. That and the offensive line >.<
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:50 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: This game is not a good example but we have been competitive in most of our games the last two years. We need to turn the corner from competitive to winning all these games and being more consistent.

Consistency is one of our biggest issues. That and the offensive line >.<

They are coming out flat in too many games. Last year and this year are separate and I never once gave up hope last year even when most had. 

This year it just seems they come into it thinking they were great instead of putting in the work to get over the hump. Plus every injury seems to be to our best players starting with Burrow's surgery at an inopportune time. 

Believe you were just saying recently how easy our schedule would be with only the Bills and Chiefs being worrisome remaining, so maybe there's still a good chance. 

Not giving up yet not feeling good about their chances at this point. Even Money Mac who might be getting a name change if does not find his groove soon cant get it going.  

Almost a must win now against Panthers just to get back to a winning record before the Bye where hopefully they can find theirselves and get back on the right track  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:10 AM)Go Cards Wrote: They are coming out flat in too many games. Last year and this year are separate and I never once gave up hope last year even when most had. 

This year it just seems they come into it thinking they were great instead of putting in the work to get over the hump. Plus every injury seems to be to our best players starting with Burrow's surgery at an inopportune time. 

Believe you were just saying recently how easy our schedule would be with only the Bills and Chiefs being worrisome remaining, so maybe there's still a good chance. 

Not giving up yet not feeling good about their chances at this point. Even Money Mac who might be getting a name change if does not find his groove soon cant get it going.  

Almost a must win now against Panthers just to get back to a winning record before the Bye where hopefully they can find theirselves and get back on the right track  

Well I’ve gone from thinking we had a punchers chance against those 2 to honestly just expecting a absolute loss against those 2. Not impossible obviously as Matt Ryan beat KC, but just not expected. But yes the NFL is really weird and weak and/or even this year so we definitely can win all our remaining gsmes. Browns 2 will depend on what Watson looks like after almost 2 years gone.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:14 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well I’ve gone from thinking we had a punchers chance against those 2 to honestly just expecting a absolute loss against those 2. Not impossible obviously as Matt Ryan beat KC, but just not expected. But yes the NFL is really weird and weak and/or even this year so we definitely can win all our remaining gsmes. Browns 2 will depend on what Watson looks like after almost 2 years gone.

Like I said, not giving up hope but not feeling great about it either.

hopefully its like last season and a new team emerges after the Bye week

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:24 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Like I said, not giving up hope but not feeling great about it either.

hopefully its like last season and a new team emerges after the Bye week

Well they need to trade for a legit starting CB tomorrow (I think it is the trade deadline) or basically the season is a tank...
Reply/Quote
From my understanding.

13-4 is still on the table.
Reply/Quote