Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This season might be toast
Urgency. I see the biggest fault was in the urgency. Zac,Joe, and others “We aren’t panicking” “it’s a 17 game season”. They aren’t completely wrong but they are all not right. Why? Because that attitude isn’t considering injuries. The season started September 11. I really think not playing the OL more in preseason was a huge miss. I think they took it for granted that they had great additions but expected them to quickly gel. The run game is so poor. Cleveland has a poor run defense. We couldn’t exploit it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
The lack of a run game is killing us right now. I was afraid this would happen against the browns and their pass D is ok, but their run D is atrocious, so of course we come out and barely try to run. Now losing Chido, it's not looking great but it ain't over till the fat lady sings.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:51 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We lost to the Browns twice last year and went to the Superbowl though.

We didn't look good, Evan looked pretty bad (even though the XP was a high snap it was down). I thought Evan was more stone cold than this, not sure what's going on. Huber looks really bad in person, his punts are inconsistent as hell and there's either no air time or no distance, and usually neither.

Mixon can't break a tackle in real life either, looks about as bad as on TV, I don't "blame" him but I think his time is running out. I think we should bench him for a game (AKA start Perine) and see what happens, doesn't work, at least we "tried" - the run game does not work at all.

Yeah, they got a pick six first play last year, and the score was eerily similar. The Browns have better lines than we have and that's all there is to it. We do not match up well with them at all. That said, we have no choice but to win the next three division games, and that means figuring out a way to beat these guys.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:01 AM)Go Cards Wrote: This one is going to leave a welt. Coming out flat and dropping the first two games that we should have won may cost the Bengals big time.

Browns dominated the Bengals in the trenches. Heck they may have been able to have just ran a QB sneak on every play and beat us. There is nothing positive to come from this game unfortunately.

Defense tried to play with some heart early on but the offenses ineptness just weighed them down until the Bengals were in a hole they weren't coming out of tonight.

Humbling loss and Bengals have a lot of work to do just to sniff the playoffs at this point. Could have practically ended the Browns season but instead let them right back in the race and only 1 game behind us.

Would like to say the injuries hurt us but the Browns were banged up as well.

Yep, trench play killed the Bengals last night. It's really that simple.... specifically Jonah Williams.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I didn't want to spam another thread after our woes as Bengals fans last night.

Is now the time for Zac to make some coaching changes?
Reply/Quote
Gonna be damn near impossible to keep pace with the rest of the AFC. Schedule only gets harder

We should’ve gotten ourselves a good cushion going into these next games. We should be sitting 6-2 or at least 5-3 now.

4-4 isn’t season over but i think we’ve seen enough football to know we aren’t a true contending team if we aren’t healthy.

If we’ve got Awuzie, Reader, Chase and Trey healthy then we’re playing with any team in the league.

Just too many injuries to keep pace.

Tee’s ankle has got to be screwed. He disappeared for much of the game
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:36 AM)Trademark Wrote: Played the weakest part of the schedule, still have a couple of weak games coming up but this team is 4-4 and 0-3 in the division. No Chase, no Chido, no Reader, what a disaster of a season, tonight may have been the final nail in the coffin. Might be time to trade some players for picks, this team has so many holes and the OL still sucks. I hope they prove me wrong and get on a hot streak, but this is the first time this season that this team has been completely dominated...

I'm as big of a realist/skeptic as any, but I didn't think the team would make it to the playoffs last season after falling to the 49ers in mid-December, becoming 7-6, and having the Ravens, Chiefs, Broncos, and Browns still on the schedule.
They showed a pattern of never winning more than two games in a row, so I thought that team was going to end up 9-8 or 8-9.
They end up surprising everyone (or at least me) and go on a 3-game win streak to win the division.

For the remainder of this season, I have the Bengals beating:
CAR
PIT
NE
maybe TB

If that's all they get, its a 7-win or 8-win season.
However, we saw last year that they were able to pull out some wins many didn't think would happen (specifically KC and TEN).

Unfortunately, with the injuries to some key players, I think you are right in that they aren't likely to make the playoffs with their current team.
But if you trade away any players, they 100% won't.
If you add another WR and CB, they might have a chance.

I think that given the bye is just a week away, any new player they add won't be familiar enough with the scheme for CAR. However, CAR is probably the worst 1-2 teams remaining on the schedule right now, and the Bengals should (keyword) be able to handle them without the added reinforcement(s) being ramped up. Then they can have the bye week to get familiar with the offense/defense and go into the PIT game familiar.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We were exposed on multiple levels. I do not have the confidence in Zac nor the staff to make proper adjustments (ie. Mixon should be splitting time with Evans). The season will be on Burrow's shoulders.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:54 AM)Science Friction Wrote: That table is exremely wobbly.

So was the Cart, but it prevailed.

All you gotta do is get in. Then it's showtime.
Reply/Quote
I do believe,(IF) we had a good,consistent,run game,that the outcome may have been different in that game against the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 10:09 AM)Housh Wrote: Gonna be damn near impossible to keep pace with the rest of the AFC. Schedule only gets harder

We should’ve gotten ourselves a good cushion going into these next games. We should be sitting 6-2 or at least 5-3 now.

4-4 isn’t season over but i think we’ve seen enough football to know we aren’t a true contending team if we aren’t healthy.

If we’ve got Awuzie, Reader, Chase and Trey healthy then we’re playing with any team in the league.

Chido may be gone for the season, but Reader, Chase and Topou should all be healthy after the bye. 
Reply/Quote
The Bengal fan base has head cases and are the biggest catastrophizers I have been around. Some very good teams gets embarrassed because it is the freakin NFL. Most, if not all, NFL teams have rosters with injuries. Good teams push through the grind. Good teams find a way to win games. This is a Good team. It is the only lost where they really did not have a chance. Bengals could easily be 7-1 now with this very same team, with the same OC play caller.

This is your team. get on with it. If you cannot handle the ups and downs of Bengals, become a Browns fan. They are right up your alley. They are nuts.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Chido may be gone for the season, but Reader, Chase and Topou should all be healthy after the bye. 

I think the Bengals need to trade for someone to replace Awuzie, since his injury sounds like it could be season-ending. They need to make the trade to show the Bengals players and fans that they still believe in this season. If the front office doesn't make the trade then they may be signaling they think the season is toast in terms of a Super Bowl year. The Rams last year made the deadline trade for von Miller. The Ravens this year traded to fill a weakness at LB. The loss of Chido could be resolved with a deadline trade.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:26 PM)Nepa Wrote: I think the Bengals need to trade for someone to replace Awuzie, since his injury sounds like it could be season-ending. They need to make the trade to show the Bengals players and fans that they still believe in this season. If the front office doesn't make the trade then they may be signaling they think the season is toast in terms of a Super Bowl year. The Rams last year made the deadline trade for von Miller. The Ravens this year traded to fill a weakness at LB. The loss of Chido could be resolved with a deadline trade.

Well, since today is the trade deadline, who is available to trade for and what are you going to trade, remembering it takes two teams to agree on a trade???
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:36 AM)Trademark Wrote: Played the weakest part of the schedule, still have a couple of weak games coming up but this team is 4-4 and 0-3 in the division. No Chase, no Chido, no Reader, what a disaster of a season, tonight may have been the final nail in the coffin. Might be time to trade some players for picks, this team has so many holes and the OL still sucks. I hope they prove me wrong and get on a hot streak, but this is the first time this season that this team has been completely dominated...

This season IS toast. Its over. This team doesnt look like a cohesive unit and playing the way they should be. The injuries are starting to stack up and when the team WAS healthy they were still losing from bad preparations and coaching. We will go from the Super Bowl to not making the playoffs. 

Every week there is an excuse why we lost (this star player beat us up, this defensive line is one of the best, this and that...all I hear is excuses..winners...well win)
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, since today is the trade deadline, who is available to trade for and what are you going to trade, remembering it takes two teams to agree on a trade???

This article lists a couple of possibilities.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/01/bengals-emergency-trade-deadline-chidobe-awuzie-injury/
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 10:09 AM)Housh Wrote: Gonna be damn near impossible to keep pace with the rest of the AFC. Schedule only gets harder

Well, we have 0 shot against Chiefs or Bills. So that's 6 losses. So 11-6 is best we can do.

But, really any team with a good pass rush can beat us. We play the Panthers, Steelers, Ravens, and Browns again. 3 of those teams have beat us already. Then Buccaneers, Titans, and Patriots. <--- None of those games are guaranteed wins. We could lose any of them.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, trench play killed the Bengals last night. It's really that simple.... specifically Jonah Williams.

Absolutely, the bully punched us in the mouth out of the gate and we never responded. They owned the trenches last night

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Then having 10 men on the field one play and 12 the next put an explanation point on how prepared the Bengals were

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 10:46 AM)jeremydc Wrote: We were exposed on multiple levels. I do not have the confidence in Zac nor the staff to make proper adjustments (ie. Mixon should be splitting time with Evans). The season will be on Burrow's shoulders.

Me neither, doubt I bother wasting money going to watch them this year either
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote