Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This season might be toast
At 4-4 I'm not going to call the season toast.

However, with how bad the line is playing and the injuries starting to add up, losing Awuzie is brutal, I can't see a long run in the playoffs as a possibility. Getting in as a wildcard is possible since the AFC is pretty top heavy but this team versus Buffalo or KC on the road in the playoffs would be ugly.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The meltdown of fans is upon us.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:39 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: From my understanding.

13-4 is still on the table.

That table is exremely wobbly.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:54 AM)Science Friction Wrote: That table is exremely wobbly.

The 13-4 table was taken to the tip, dismantled and turned into a new recyclable product about 5 weeks ago! 

The season maybe not literally be done, but it is very difficult to be optimistic about the team after that showing. They got dismantled by a (better than their record) Browns team, who lit us up with a far from elite QB and players injured all over the place.

I know Chase was injured, but jeez... look at the offence we still were able to field, and then realise it was 25-0 Cleveland at a late point in that game. We did nothing until it was garbage time. No receiver got over 50 yards.

We're lucky our tough schedule is probably easier than it looked at the beginning of the year, but let's face it we've played really well... like twice in these 8 games this season? We were expecting to be something more akin to how good Buffalo look, and tbh if you look at both of our season so far... that's not a game between equals of any sort. 

Still have some road for the team to prove me wrong and I hope they do, but I just don't see a great team this year. We're 8 games in and I'm nowhere near as positive on the team as I was after 8 games last year.
Reply/Quote
Might be??? 0-3 in the division with an offense that really only showed signs of life in one game(falcons), Im confident that this team is going nowhere
Reply/Quote
Too many injuries, 0-3 in the division. This team is done for the year. Now it’s wait and see if they will pick top 10.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:47 AM)Trademark Wrote: Ravens are starting to grasp hold of the division

How will we ever surpass their 1 game lead with only 9 games left to play???? Hilarious
Reply/Quote
In good news, we are still 4-4 and honestly we have looked like a .500 team. We’ll be in the hunt and I think we still make the playoffs. But definitely our oline and coaching weaknesses have been exposed on offense anytime we play good teams. We don’t look like a deep run playoff team bc of the coaching and oline. Last year we were the same team until we hit fire in the playoffs so anything could happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:53 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The division is toast. 0-3 is insurmountable.

Wild card is still in play but all of the injuries to good players make it pretty unrealistic.

I just hate how ***** torn I am every week on this offense behind ZT. I want off this roller coaster ride.

0-3 is not insurmountable. We can still split with every team in the Division. And division record means nothing unless your tie for the number of wins. People give up so easily anymore. The Wild Card is still in play, and the Division is still in play. We will beat Carolina next week and Andy will be the Ravens for us, and it's all tied up again. 
Reply/Quote
Wildcard and sneak into the playoffs is what I’m hoping for. If Awuzie is out for the year only hope on D is get Reader and Tupou back after the bye ,front 7 intact gotta be great against the run and get pressure upfront on passing downs. I’d seriously consider replacing Huber can’t play on short fields all the time now with the defense this banged up. Pray to god Zac figures it out on offense. Need to go 3-0 versus Panthers ,Steelers and Titans got the bye week to in there and hope Chase is back after that.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:46 AM)Joelist Wrote: This was embarrassing. The team should be publicly apologizing to the fans for such a godawful performance, basically dishonoring the team.

It makes you start to wonder if it really is a new day or if last year was an illusion and we're back to 2020 Bungles...

If you really think about what have we actually done?

ZT first season = win 2 games.

ZT 2nd and Burrow 1st season = 4 wins and a Burrow knee injury.

ZT 3rd and Burrow 2nd season have a miracle run to the SB.  10-7.  Hardly a dominant year with soooooooo many games we won by the skin of our teeth that could have gone either way.

ZT 4th and Burrow 3rd season = 4-4 currently.  O-line looks bad and Burrow is hot and cold.

ZT 20-36-1    Burrow 16-17-1  Both have losing records currently.

I'm not trying to be negative.  I have been watching the Bengals for over 30 years.  Other than the miracle SB year last year, it feels like nothing really has changed except for some more hope that is not translating to wins.

Whatever.  After over 30 years of watching the Bengals I don't get to bothered by it anymore.  The reality is if you look at ZT and Burrow so far it's one miracle year and both with losing records otherwise.

I live in Bills Country and all my friends are huge Bills fans.  Now that is a team that looks like they can take it all.  They are just dominating people.  Look at some of their stats.  That's what I thought the Bengals would be, but so far, in the ZT and Burrow years, nope.  Not even close.  How many times in the last season and a half did the Bengals just thump a good healthy playoff caliber team?  I can't even think of one off the top of my head.  The Ravens were pretty injured when we whooped them.

Sorry, just had to vent a little.  Just another disappointing Bengals season as usual. I guess one almost miracle season in over 30 is better than 0.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow hasn’t regressed. He was literally just AFC Player of the Week. 3 out of our 4 losses have come in games where he was sacked 5+ times. And this most recent one against the Browns I don’t think a single sack will be charged to Burrow. It was probably Jonah Williams worst game as a pro, and Mixon continues to be the most incompetent blocker in the league.

Against the Falcons. He did look good. But hardly a stout opponent. He is, without question, worse this year than last. We can debate the OL; it’s certainly not as good as we assumed, but it’s an improvement over the OL a year ago. He still holds the ball way too long in the pocket and turns it over way too much. He’s also struggling with accuracy. His first pass of the night was a 8-10 yard out to Boyd than he threw to Canada. He wasn’t hit; ball wasn’t touched. Sailed it 5-10 yards over his head.

We also need to understand that the OL can only help so much when we’re 5 wide or in a 12 with the TE not staying home to block.

And can someone please tell me what Lac did last night to try to neutralize Garrett? Or was leaving Jonah “I’m Up to My Ankles in Oatmeal” Williams 1-1 the matchup he wanted to create? It’s tough to imagine anyone who plays Madden on Pro Level would do something so capricious. But our little Lachary did in in the real world. God save us all.

This season is toast with our record and the injuries we’ve sustained. I’d say a bit of a tank would be in order, but all we really need to do is tell Lac to just keep doing his best.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 08:27 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: In good news, we are still 4-4 and honestly we have looked like a .500 team.

I’m having a difficult time understanding how this is construed as “good news.”

Reply/Quote
I don't remember thinking this time last year that the Bengals would be playing in the Super Bowl. Last night's game was embarrassing and a complete failure both sides of the ball. Play calling was obvious and Joe Mixon is done as a premier back. However, Joe Burrow is a special player, will rebound from this game and lead this team to a division title.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 08:50 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Against the Falcons. He did look good. But hardly a stout opponent. He is, without question, worse this year than last. We can debate the OL; it’s certainly not as good as we assumed, but it’s an improvement over the OL a year ago. He still holds the ball way too long in the pocket and turns it over way too much. He’s also struggling with accuracy. His first pass of the night was a 8-10 yard out to Boyd than he threw to Canada. He wasn’t hit; ball wasn’t touched. Sailed it 5-10 yards over his head.

We also need to understand that the OL can only help so much when we’re 5 wide or in a 12 with the TE not staying home to block.

And can someone please tell me what Lac did last night to try to neutralize Garrett? Or was leaving Jonah “I’m Up to My Ankles in Oatmeal” Williams 1-1 the matchup he wanted to create? It’s tough to imagine anyone who plays Madden on Pro Level would do something so capricious. But our little Lachary did in in the real world. God save us all.

This season is toast with our record and the injuries we’ve sustained. I’d say a bit of a tank would be in order, but all we really need to do is tell Lac to just keep doing his best.

He literally lead the league in completion percentage and has only thrown 2 picks (one which was a lucky tipped ball) since week 1. What are you talking about? 

There's so many more things you could nit pick but you choose to go after Burrow? 
Reply/Quote
After last night's performance VS the Browns, it kinda just feels like more of the same ole Bungles. Hard to watch that after such a great game VS the Falcons. So frustrating... why can't we just get hot and stay consistent for once?! Year after year after year, it just never happens. Last year's playoff run into the Superbowl felt better than I can remember since the 2005 season.

I know without a doubt they'll win more games this season, and -- at this point I still feel fairly confident they'll also make their way into the playoffs. Hoping to see a win against Carolina regardless of how ugly it is, followed by a huge rebound after the bye week.
Reply/Quote
The optimistic view we play Panthers we win we have same record as last season. We may be willing to trade for a corner now. Browns kicked our ass last season as well we get back to playoffs no reason we cant do same thing as last year with a better Oline with Reader and Chase coming back will help quite a bit. I'm in the middle between this take and the all hands abandoning ship take,
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:13 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He literally lead the league in completion percentage and has only thrown 2 picks (one which was a lucky tipped ball) since week 1. What are you talking about? 

There's so many more things you could nit pick but you choose to go after Burrow? 

Did you forget to remember to read the entire post? I was responding to a post about Burrow, for starters. Maybe you didn’t see the other non-Burrow nits I picked. Message boarding can be hard sometimes, but we still have to post hard and post like our feet are on fire.

He’s holding the ball too long and he fumbles frequently. Part of that is the scheme, because we seldom call extra protection, but a lot of it’s him. Burrow is far from *the* problem, but he’s really struggled at times.

Reply/Quote
Jonah was atrocious last night his worst game as a pro IMO. He looked like Obueghi out there
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 08:55 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’m having a difficult time understanding how this is construed as “good news.”

Link below to playoff picture below:

https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

The Bengals are tied with the Patriots for the 8th spot in the conference. The Chargers hold the final playoff spot at 4-3. We are 4-4. So we are right in the mix of it (good news I mentioned). More good news is we have wins against the Jets and Dolphins who are ahead of us in the standings. We don't play the Chargers, but we do play the Patriots and Titans (who are in the hunt with us). We also aren't too far behind the Ravens. 

This team needs to improve and will need some big wins down the stretch to make the playoffs. With the talent we have I give us a 60% chance to make the playoffs. If we miss the playoffs and Taylor isn't fired fans should probably respond.

This team is very similar to last year's team. We get outcoached more than we would like, and manhandled up front more than we would like. Same as last year. I'm not sure if we will have the magic down the stretch this year. The good news is it's still possible. 
Reply/Quote