Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
This should happen immediately!
(11-03-2022, 06:50 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: This entire week should've been dedicated to reshaping this offense to a more run oriented move the chains approach..I want to see an at least 60/40 run pass ratio..

The installation this week should be more 2 tight, i-formation,and under center action from this offense,we should be trying to make every pass look like a run and vice-versa..

I think we be can much more effective offensively if we try making teams at least account for the run..

Not even a little bit.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 11:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not even a little bit.

The threads just keep getting worse and worse. Sunday can't come soon enough. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 07:48 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: No you're doing this to find some sort of balance,you will never beat team with good pass rushers staying shotgun exclusively we have to diversify this offense..

Mixon ranks 31st or 32nd in almost every positive rushing stat, oline hasn't been good in run block wins, and you want Burrow to do less? 

[Image: artworks-000178271917-aigqbv-t500x500.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 08:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And in that 4.7% lays all the difference

4.7% is less than 3 carries per game.

Are we going back to the mythical "19 carry Jeremy Hill = loss, 20 carry Jeremy Hill = win" math?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We don't need to run more, we need our RB to run better. We need him to make people miss and actually break a tackle. Hell we need them to pass block better. Currently he isn't doing any of those.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 07:14 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 4.7% is less than 3 carries per game.

Are we going back to the mythical "19 carry Jeremy Hill = loss, 20 carry Jeremy Hill = win" math?

He definitely could have used one less carry seven years ago.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 09:52 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He definitely could have used one less carry seven years ago.

This is how we are going to start Friday Mike?  

Reply/Quote
I just want the offense to have an identity. I think that's one of the biggest reason for our inconsistencies. So far, our offense looks the best when it does everything from shotgun. So, let's do everything from shotgun. Adjust the playbook and plays as necessary, but let's do everything but QB sneaks from shotgun. Hell, maybe even the QB sneaks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 08:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There are things to consider:

Why would we take the ball out of Burrow's hands and give it to one of the worst starting RBs in the NFL?

Mixon has the 3rd most targets of any RB and his YPC sux

Laps said constantly pass blocking as an olineman sux. You've got to react to the defender instead of the defender reacting to you.

Folks are over-reacting to the 10 carry game.

Yep. Brady and NE and other successful teams also use the short passing game as their running game alot of the time. When Cinci. realized this and teams started off playing 2 high S looks earlier in the year they started to take what the D gave them. Imo, mondays game was for the taking as they had a couple early picks to capitalize on but Garrett made a great play on a JB throw and the MO shifted.

Sometimes these games get away and and take on a life of their own and that's what happened against the stains. No different than making a FG at the end of the half and being down 8-3 instead of 11-0. Another huge shift.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 08:57 AM)Garrus Wrote: We don't need to run more, we need our RB to run better. We need him to make people miss and actually break a tackle. Hell we need them to pass block better. Currently he isn't doing any of those.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/04/bengals-coaches-arent-happy-joe-mixon-pass-blocking/

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 12:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/04/bengals-coaches-arent-happy-joe-mixon-pass-blocking/

Bingo bango
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 06:50 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: This entire week should've been dedicated to reshaping this offense to a more run oriented move the chains approach..I want to see an at least 60/40 run pass ratio..

The installation this week should be more 2 tight, i-formation,and under center action from this offense,we should be trying to make every pass look like a run and vice-versa..

I think we be can much more effective offensively if we try making teams at least account for the run..

With Chase out, it does make sense to try to go more 12 personnel.
I've seen enough from Mike Thomas to never want him playing an offensive snap.

There is a problem though with running tight...the defense will be condensed.
Given the Bengals running game is 30th in the league, I don't expect them to do much better when defense is stacked in.
And with the way the OL has been through this season (3.75 sacks APG), I'm not confident Burrow will get even 2 seconds to throw if playing majority under center.
Other than Brian Burns, they don't really have much of a pass rush though, so maybe it would be ok if they focus on containing Burns?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Person 1: so we have really good receivers and a great QB right?

Person 2: yeah that's right.

Person 1: And our run game is putrid right?

Person 2: yeah that's also right.

Person 1: so we should run more often?

Person 2: Yeah that makes sense.

I have to stop visiting this forum. It's making dumberer.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 05:47 PM)motoarch Wrote: Person 1: so we have really good receivers and a great QB right?

Person 2: yeah that's right.

Person 1: And our run game is putrid right?

Person 2: yeah that's also right.

Person 1: so we should run more often?

Person 2: Yeah that makes sense.

I have to stop visiting this forum.  It's making dumberer.

They had all of those receivers and the qb last year to,wanna the reason they had more success in that season than the current season??at least last season they tried to run the football and be more balanced..
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 08:31 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: They had all of those receivers and the qb last year to,wanna the reason they had more success in that season than the current season??at least last season they tried to run the football and be more balanced..

Cincinnati passed the ball about 59.5% of the time last season. However, that trended up significantly as the season went on. From week 13 on, they passed the ball 66% of the time. Over the course of the playoffs, they threw the ball 67% of the time. So far, Cincinnati is throwing the ball 68% of the time this season. Over the last two games, that has been 75% of the time but this isn't anything unheard of, as Cincinnati threw the ball 71% of the time over the Ravens/Chiefs game towards the end of last season. 

Cincinnati is running the same split that got them to the Super Bowl, is what I am saying. The fact that this has been deviated from over the last two weeks isn't unheard of, as they did it last season. However, the run game is absolutely atrocious this season. Significantly worse than last season. If your running game is this bad, it doesn't make sense to run more. It only hurts you. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 11:22 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: In a hypothetical world where they had a Marshawn Lynch or Derrick Henry type of RB in their prime instead of one of the big 3 at WR, maybe this would be somewhat coherent.  They don't have the horses to run the ball all game.  It's just not going to happen.  Hopefully part of the problem is injury, because 2022 Joe Mixon does not look like he can achieve NFL average results - let alone carry a team.

Carry a team or be carried off the field.  Time for Perine to get a shot, he has a higher yards per rush than Mixon.  And without Perine running the ball against the Jets to run out the clock, we probably don’t win that game either.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 09:58 AM)casear2727 Wrote: This is how we are going to start Friday Mike?  

I have been able to laugh about it since the Raiders game.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 08:45 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Cincinnati passed the ball about 59.5% of the time last season. However, that trended up significantly as the season went on. From week 13 on, they passed the ball 66% of the time. Over the course of the playoffs, they threw the ball 67% of the time. So far, Cincinnati is throwing the ball 68% of the time this season. Over the last two games, that has been 75% of the time but this isn't anything unheard of, as Cincinnati threw the ball 71% of the time over the Ravens/Chiefs game towards the end of last season. 

Cincinnati is running the same split that got them to the Super Bowl, is what I am saying. The fact that this has been deviated from over the last two weeks isn't unheard of, as they did it last season. However, the run game is absolutely atrocious this season. Significantly worse than last season. If your running game is this bad, it doesn't make sense to run more. It only hurts you. 

Agree somewhat, but just as the heads were saying, passing out of run heavy formations will keep the opposing LBs and secondary honest. And, when we do run, we'll have proper blocking, hypothetically of course.

Mixon looks spent. Run Perine and Evans more often. 

Running everything through the Shotgun is allowing the opposing LBs and secondary to jump everything. Running 80% of the offense out of the Shotgun is actually hindering the offense as a whole. JB's passing numbers are good, but our record isn't. Something needs to be altered to balance this offense. 

The defense has been creating turnovers. We can't blame them.

NE has been doing it for years with inferior talent. They got by Cleveland. Something that that Cincy has only done like one time in the last ten matchups. 
Reply/Quote

In other words,try not to be so predictable.Good luck with trying to run the ball with the current schemes the Bengals display.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 10:19 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He's not wrong about JB taking more snaps under center. In fact, I mentioned the same thing about a month ago. Getting Burrow back under center would help this offense at the moment. He already gets rid of the ball quickly, but this would help the run game without hindering the passing game. Still use shotgun when needed, but not nearly as often. I don't necessarily agree with the 60/40 thing, but I do agree about moving under center more often.

I was listening to some NFL heads talk about it on NFL Network awhile back.

I agree but it seems this is JB's achilles heel going under center, I think since he did it so little in college he just not adjusted well in the NFL.  Obviously the tread across the league is shotgun but his RPO's are not as effective anyway so why not improve under center,  maybe more of a mix will help ease the pass rush and expand the playbook, Taylor needs to really think about adjusting the offense and JB needs to help with adapting to this. 
Reply/Quote