Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
This should happen immediately!
(11-04-2022, 08:31 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: They had all of those receivers and the qb last year to,wanna the reason they had more success in that season than the current season??at least last season they tried to run the football and be more balanced..

You're going to be more successful when you can do that.

No one's arguing otherwise.

The point it's THEY CANT this year and trying to do so will only make them less successful.
Reply/Quote
Look what happens when you at least try to run the football a marvelous display of how to keep a defense on it's heels..
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:03 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Look what happens when you at least try to run the football a marvelous display of how to keep a defense on it's heels..

The Bengals have been trying to run the football all season. It just didn’t work. Today, it did.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The Bengals have been trying to run the football all season. It just didn’t work. Today, it did.

I would say they give up too quickly. I would take a 2 yard run over a sack any day.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The Bengals have been trying to run the football all season. It just didn’t work. Today, it did.

No the bengals haven't focused on the run all year until today..first time in twelve personel since 2nd half vs jets I hardly call anything they've done up until today trying to run the football..
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:45 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: No the bengals haven't focused on the run all year until today..first time in twelve personel since 2nd half vs jets I hardly call anything they've done up until today trying to run the football..

This is correct. 
Reply/Quote
Loved seeing Mixon kick that ass today. It was getting annoying coming in here seeing the comments at such an extreme anti-sentiment. He certainly wasn’t performing up to par, but it was getting ridiculous , and the game scripts had not been in his favor.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:45 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: No the bengals haven't focused on the run all year until today..first time in twelve personel since 2nd half vs jets I hardly call anything they've done up until today trying to run the football..

You're letting the success today sway your opinion. When the backups came in, Mixon had 20 carries, Taylor had two carries and Perine had one carry. So, 23 carries in total. Over the first four weeks of the season, Cincinnati averaged 23.5 carries per game for the first four weeks, excluding QB scrambles. Hell, Mixon had 27 carries in week one. Cincinnati had the 11th most rushing attempts in the league through the first four weeks. They have been trying, it just didn't work. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 09:26 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You're letting the success today sway your opinion. When the backups came in, Mixon had 20 carries, Taylor had two carries and Perine had one carry. So, 23 carries in total. Over the first four weeks of the season, Cincinnati averaged 23.5 carries per game for the first four weeks, excluding QB scrambles. Hell, Mixon had 27 carries in week one. Cincinnati had the 11th most rushing attempts in the league through the first four weeks. They have been trying, it just didn't work. 

Right.

Despite having one of the lowest YPC he was at the top of amount of carries in the whole league.

People tend to forget that.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 09:26 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You're letting the success today sway your opinion. When the backups came in, Mixon had 20 carries, Taylor had two carries and Perine had one carry. So, 23 carries in total. Over the first four weeks of the season, Cincinnati averaged 23.5 carries per game for the first four weeks, excluding QB scrambles. Hell, Mixon had 27 carries in week one. Cincinnati had the 11th most rushing attempts in the league through the first four weeks. They have been trying, it just didn't work. 

What you guys get wrong is not the rushing attempts it's the formations from which the runs were called..most of the running plays were called from 11 personnel in which burrow line up from under center in which we ran 88% of the time..

That formation was hand tipping to the defense that coaches watched film extensively thinking it was something Mixon was doing to tip the defense..

I've been screaming all along to the top of my lungs that we needed more heavy formations to have the success we was seeking running the football, and today we finally got it;we went twelve, we i-formation,we even went 3 tight ends ..would love to see more diversity in the running game going forward very happy with the coaches today ? 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 12:01 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: What you guys get wrong is not the rushing attempts it's the formations from which the runs were called..most of the running plays were called from 11 personnel in which burrow line up from under center in which we ran 88% of the time..

That formation was hand tipping to the defense that coaches watched film extensively thinking it was something Mixon was doing to tip the defense..

I've been screaming all along to the top of my lungs that we needed more heavy formations to have the success we was seeking running the football, and today we finally got it;we went twelve, we i-formation,we even went 3 tight ends ..would love to see more diversity in the running game going forward very happy with the coaches today ? 

Right, you’re moving the goalposts here. Instead of “they haven’t been trying to run the ball” it is really “they haven’t been trying to run the ball the way that I wanted them to”. One is a fact, the other is an opinion.

Factually, you’re wrong. They have tried, and failed. Whether they did it the way you wanted them to is irrelevant to that discussion.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 12:25 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Right, you’re moving the goalposts here. Instead of “they haven’t been trying to run the ball” it is really “they haven’t been trying to run the ball the way that I wanted them to”. One is a fact, the other is an opinion.

Factually, you’re wrong. They have tried, and failed. Whether they did it the way you wanted them to is irrelevant to that discussion.

No it's not irrelevant,what they've done in the running game is equivalent to lining up with one receiver formations and attempt to be air coreyell makes absolutely no sense..
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 12:01 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: What you guys get wrong is not the rushing attempts it's the formations from which the runs were called..most of the running plays were called from 11 personnel in which burrow line up from under center in which we ran 88% of the time..

I am sure the coaches will appreciate you being happy with them today....
Reply/Quote

What I loved and have been asking to see since #74 was "eligible" (Good ol' Dennis Roland) was to see a pass play out of the run-heavy formation and they did it yesterday!  I forget who the pass went to....might have been the one to Assiasi (that he again dropped) but it completely fooled the defense.  

It seems like they did some real self-scouting and came up with some trend-breakers.  I hope that "trend" continues.  They don't need to throw it 50 times against pitt and their pathetic offense.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 01:04 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: No it's not irrelevant,what they've done in the running game is equivalent to lining up with one receiver formations and attempt to be air coreyell makes absolutely no sense..

Neither does your analogy. Lining up with more wide receivers and spreading the defense out is a genuine strategy to improve your run game as it gives you a lighter box. Again, Cincinnati has tried to run the ball, they just failed. 

12 personnel? Yeah, they ran it in week one. They didn't have success.

I-Formation? Yeah, they ran that in week one as well. No success. 

Jumbo? Yeah, they ran that in week one, too. This did result in a big run for Mixon. 

I'm not sure what else to tell you. You're letting the success of yesterday blind you and make you believe that Cincinnati did new and wonderful things. They didn't, they just finally had success doing them. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 01:04 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: No it's not irrelevant,what they've done in the running game is equivalent to lining up with one receiver formations and attempt to be air coreyell makes absolutely no sense..

Just take the L and move on.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 10:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: What I loved and have been asking to see since #74 was "eligible" (Good ol' Dennis Roland) was to see a pass play out of the run-heavy formation and they did it yesterday!  I forget who the pass went to....might have been the one to Assiasi (that he again dropped) but it completely fooled the defense.  

It seems like they did some real self-scouting and came up with some trend-breakers.  I hope that "trend" continues.  They don't need to throw it 50 times against pitt and their pathetic offense.  

"Put me in coach...I'm ready to play"

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 10:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: What I loved and have been asking to see since #74 was "eligible" (Good ol' Dennis Roland) was to see a pass play out of the run-heavy formation and they did it yesterday!  I forget who the pass went to....might have been the one to Assiasi (that he again dropped) but it completely fooled the defense.  

Yeah, that can really catch a Defense off guard. Really liked what I saw yesterday with the play design. 

The coaches are learning. This is what we needed to see, right on schedule again for hopefully another Playoff spot if we 
continue in this direction with unpredictable play calling and making Defenses defend both the run and the pass and not 
knowing which way we will attack them. Pick your poison, this is the Offense I was expecting to see this year.

Big time running game with Burrow not having to throw the ball tons so it takes pressure off of him.

Love those run-heavy formations at times and passing out of them, great stuff.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 10:37 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Neither does your analogy. Lining up with more wide receivers and spreading the defense out is a genuine strategy to improve your run game as it gives you a lighter box. Again, Cincinnati has tried to run the ball, they just failed. 

12 personnel? Yeah, they ran it in week one. They didn't have success.

I-Formation? Yeah, they ran that in week one as well. No success. 

Jumbo? Yeah, they ran that in week one, too. This did result in a big run for Mixon. 

I'm not sure what else to tell you. You're letting the success of yesterday blind you and make you believe that Cincinnati did new and wonderful things. They didn't, they just finally had success doing them. 

What made it look "new" was that they were executing pin and pulls to perfection, and Mixon was hitting the holes like someone loaded him up on a trenbolone and dbol cocktail before the game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Maybe just maybe they can find a competent FB to help block at the point of attack. Need a Jeremy Johnson, Kyle Jusczyk to make the running game more formidable against good defenses. So far the evidence points to Zac Taylor not wanting a FB someone need. to convince him he is wrong
Reply/Quote