Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
This should happen immediately!
(11-07-2022, 05:42 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Maybe just maybe  they can find a competent FB to help block at the point of attack. Need a Jeremy Johnson, Kyle Jusczyk to make the running game more formidable against good defenses. So far the evidence points to Zac Taylor not wanting a FB someone need. to convince him he is wrong

The key in determining weather or not to spend a roster spot on a true Fullback is "Are you going to use him as a weapon in the offensive game plan?".  If not, there any number of players with diverse enough skill sets to come in and occasionally block from the FB spot.  

With the low number of targets that the TE position gets in Taylor's offense, I could only imagine how much of a waste of money it would be to pay a skilled FB to rot on the bench.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
^ Agreed on TE comment and that needs to change
All “hands” Hurst does is catch the dang ball and plow thru people.

He and Boyd need and deserve more targets
Reply/Quote
We have 8 games of failing to be able to run the ball with any meaningful success and 1 where we did.

So yeah lets assume the outlier is the truth.

I hope we have continued success running but man we're getting ahead of ourselves.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 06:34 PM)motoarch Wrote: We have 8 games of failing to be able to run the ball with any meaningful success and 1 where we did.

So yeah lets assume the outlier is the truth.

I hope we have continued success running but man we're getting ahead of ourselves.

bUT But...we JuSt NeEdEd to RUN iT MOAR!!!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 05:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What made it look "new" was that they were executing pin and pulls to perfection, and Mixon was hitting the holes like someone loaded him up on a trenbolone and dbol cocktail before the game.

True that. Was beautiful to behold.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 05:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What made it look "new" was that they were executing pin and pulls to perfection, and Mixon was hitting the holes like someone loaded him up on a trenbolone and dbol cocktail before the game.

Yes, execution was tremendous Sunday. Could be that line is finally on the same page, and Mixon has been studying said page.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 12:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, execution was tremendous Sunday. Could be that line is finally on the same page, and Mixon has been studying said page.

We were starting to see things trending that direction, prior to the debacle in Cleveland, so yes, I think that the OL is now getting their collective act together.  As for Mixon, I have a feeling that all of the negative public fan sentiment last week may have kicked him in his pride, as he played harder and with more determination than I can ever remember seeing from him since he was a rookie.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 12:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We were starting to see things trending that direction, prior to the debacle in Cleveland, so yes, I think that the OL is now getting their collective act together.  As for Mixon, I have a feeling that all of the negative public fan sentiment last week may have kicked him in his pride, as he played harder and with more determination than I can ever remember seeing from him since he was a rookie.

You couple that with the coaches getting on him, it might just be the kick in the pants he needed. I sure hope so. If he play at just half that level, it really helps the offense out a ton.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote