Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
This team is unreal
I've never seen a Bengals team dominate an elite team like they did to the Ravens. Burrow and Chase are on another level.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:04 PM)Trademark Wrote: I've never seen a Bengals team dominate an elite team like they did to the Ravens. Burrow and Chase are on another level.

The defense deserves a TON of credit as well.  Holding them to 17 points at home was downright amazing.  No big runs.  One big pass play.  That's it.  

When Burrow threw the INT in the end zone up 10 points, how did the defense respond?  They got the ball back for the offense on downs.  Fricking amazing.

But yes, Burrow and Chase are incredible.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The defense deserves a TON of credit as well.  Holding them to 17 points at home was downright amazing.  No big runs.  One big pass play.  That's it.  

When Burrow threw the INT in the end zone up 10 points, how did the defense respond?  They got the ball back for the offense on downs.  Fricking amazing.

Not to mention our Oline played well today. Burrow got hit some, but only sacked once.
Reply/Quote
And a couple of RBs popped one each.

Hardly any penalties on our side - clean hits and disciplined lines.
No frustration shown on the faces.
No stupid play calling.
No stupid mistakes.
No playing-not-to-lose mentality.
No quitting.
No all-the-stupid-stuff we're used to seeing.
And when we grabbed the lead, looks like they found the gas pedal and put a brick on it.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not to mention our Oline played well today. Burrow got hit some, but only sacked once.

The line held long enough. I though they did great against a playoff-calibre D-line.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The defense deserves a TON of credit as well.  Holding them to 17 points at home was downright amazing.  No big runs.  One big pass play.  That's it.  

Like I said a couple days ago, I feel like this defense was designed to stop Lamar.

We signed a bunch of guys that can clog the middle, and corners who are excellent at tackling outside.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not to mention our Oline played well today. Burrow got hit some, but only sacked once
The average size of jock straps on the offensive line grew three sizes in the second half.  I can't WAIT to see the PFF scores.  
Reply/Quote
Hey guys great effort you completely kicked out ass. It was nice seeing hardly any flags and Burrow Chase connection is going to be fun to watch for at least a decade. Until we meet again Loving_Life35 out!
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Like I said a couple days ago, I feel like this defense was designed to stop Lamar.

We signed a bunch of guys that can clog the middle, and corners who are excellent at tackling outside.

EXACTLY.  Does anyone fear the Browns now?  They have great RBs, but their QB isn't Lamar.  They are built to win in this division. 

Our LBs are flowing fast sideline to sideline as well because those big guys that "clog the middle" as you said are keeping them clean.  
Reply/Quote
Lamar made some plays but you will never be able to contain him for an entire game. Our D did as well as anyone will likely the rest of the year. As someone said above incredible job getting the ball right back after Burrow threw the INT.
Reply/Quote
Every team that plays the Ravens from here on out are going to be turning on the Bengals game to see how they did it. Props to Lou and the defense.
Reply/Quote
I am stunned. I was soooooo looking forward to this game with anticipation and a little fear. Our guys were great. They clocked in, went to work, now their shift is over. Hope today was the debut of the new Bengals. Everything that could have clicked today clicked. I am so proud of these guys.

As for Zac, I seen a few questionable plays, but overall, did a decent job on the play calling.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:27 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: EXACTLY.  Does anyone fear the Browns now?  They have great RBs, but their QB isn't Lamar.  They are built to win in this division. 

Our LBs are flowing fast sideline to sideline as well because those big guys that "clog the middle" as you said are keeping them clean.  

Amen brother, it's been a joy to watch.

Props to Zac and his staff, because it really looks like they had a master plan that is now coming to fruition, and all the players we picked have been absolute home runs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not to mention our Oline played well today. Burrow got hit some, but only sacked once.

PFF counted 14 pressures and 1 sack on 39 pass blocking snaps.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:27 PM)Loving_Life35 Wrote: Hey guys great effort you completely kicked out ass. It was nice seeing hardly any flags and Burrow Chase connection is going to be fun to watch for at least a decade. Until we meet again Loving_Life35 out!

Props to you for being classy man. Not easy after a loss like that going into your bye, but hey, you are 5-2. It's all good.

To the OP, yeah, I think this was the game that put us on the map. We are the #1 team in the AFC right now and I think we can
win our next 2 games pretty easily and go into the bye at 7-2. We will see, but the Pats put 54 on the Jets and the Browns are 
really beat up. Need to take care of these back up QB's we will face the next 2 weeks. Even though I like Keenum as a back up
for the Browns, he might give us some trouble if they get a running game going.
Reply/Quote
This team is having fun.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This team is having fun.

Yeah they are. Was hearing about Taylor saying how the position groups just hang out together and are great friends.

Go to dinner together all the time etc.

The culture is being built, props to Zac after this game. This is what I wanted to see this year and it is happening.

The team just loves the game and is a family.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: To the OP, yeah, I think this was the game that put us on the map. We are the #1 team in the AFC right now and I think we can
win our next 2 games pretty easily and go into the bye at 7-2. We will see, but the Pats put 54 on the Jets and the Browns are 
really beat up. Need to take care of these back up QB's we will face the next 2 weeks. Even though I like Keenum as a back up
for the Browns, he might give us some trouble if they get a running game going.

Just have to make sure no one looks past the Jets to the Browns. That’s when you get beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I am stunned. I was soooooo looking forward to this game with anticipation and a little fear. Our guys were great. They clocked in, went to work, now their shift is over. Hope today was the debut of the new Bengals. Everything that could have clicked today clicked. I am so proud of these guys.

As for Zac, I seen a few questionable plays, but overall, did a decent job on the play calling.

That's where I'm at too, brotha. 

I'm willing to eat my crow for saying Taylor's past was going to bite us in the ass. I like being wrong - I can learn from that.

Color me cautiously optimistic now a days.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:36 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Just have to make sure no one looks past the Jets to the Browns. That’s when you get beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course. Plus the Jets have some QB I don't even know about starting.

In the Marv days backup QB's shredded us for some reason lol

But this is a new day and a new Defense. I hope we pitch a shutout against the Jets.

Doubt it with the Browns, Keenum is a good QB and they have a great OL.
Reply/Quote