Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Thoughts on Dre K ?
(12-14-2015, 12:03 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: He seems to struggle with the smaller quicker wr's. I'd like to see him get more Int's. At his current level of play, I wouldn't make him a priority to re-sign.

I think he is a priority, but it's about at what price. Pay him average CB2 money and keep him around. He is good against the longer deep threat guys and should be around for a while to come.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 04:32 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I can't even picture Richard Seymour as a CB. He was one hell of a DE, though.

Lol!!! My bad.  We all knew who I meant LOL
Reply/Quote
I think he's not that good, but, you can't be totally upset with the secondary as a whole. They did a nice job yesterday in the 2nd half and have done a nice job the past few weeks.

Hey, the Bengals defense is #10 in the NFL and #2 now on points allowed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would offer him a 2 year deal, in the 3-4M range. He hasn't proven worth any more than that, and is at times a liability back there. The Bengals have good position coaches, if that is the best that they can develop the former 1st rounder, let him walk if he wants big money.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 10:41 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I forgot - how many TDs did that vaunted airial attack of Pittsburgh have?

And that was without Adam Jones playing.  The roster is not going to be made up of first team All-Pro's at every position.  Is he the second coming of Revis?  No.  He is also not some trash heap player that can be replaced by some random guy off the street. 
Reply/Quote
Meh.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 09:17 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So we've seen Dre K play as much as he ever has in the past.  

Do you guys think he's someone we should retain?

hes been very solid in his first season as a starter. Nothing like live experience on the field.

I would retain him... Hall is Old and a FA Jones is Old and a FA... unless we plan on blowing everything up and go back to being the bengals of the 90s i think we should retain our talent..

And Dre is part of that Talent. He has had some mistakes but also some great games. With todays NFL being QB friendly what they(our DBs) have done is pretty great.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:02 AM)J24 Wrote: He is a good corner who is in his first year as a full time starter. Keep him but we should always be on the lookout to improve that position.

Exactly.

Remember, he had VERY limited snaps on defense leading up to this season, and those limited snaps were not lined up against the one or two receiver.

Has he been an All-Pro?  No.  Has he shown enough that he is worth working with further?  Absolutely.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 06:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would offer him a 2 year deal, in the 3-4M range.  He hasn't proven worth any more than that, and is at times a liability back there.  The Bengals have good position coaches, if that is the best that they can develop the former 1st rounder, let him walk if he wants big money.
I totally agree with this Sunset.  It's all a matter of value.  Any over-inflation of self worth and they should explore options.

(12-14-2015, 06:11 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: And that was without Adam Jones playing.  The roster is not going to be made up of first team All-Pro's at every position.  Is he the second coming of Revis?  No.  He is also not some trash heap player that can be replaced by some random guy off the street. 
Yeah I understand the all-pro at every position statement but nobody said that.  Revis?  C'mon who said that ??

He is not a bum or worthless. 

He just can't be replaced with someone off the street either.  Yet again nobody said that as well.

I do think he has good speed and even saved some scores from happening on the opposite side of the field.

There definitely is an upside to Dre K. 

Do I think he looks like someone who needs an automatic starter contract?  No.  Not yet.

He's just okay at this point.  It's all a matter of money and what his agent/himself try to get from the Bengals.  IMO
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 08:50 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: He just can't be replaced with someone off the street either.  Yet again nobody said that as well.

Do I think he looks like someone who needs an automatic starter contract?  No.  Not yet.

If he can't be easily replaced then why would we not pay him starter money.

If we don't pay him then who do we replace him with?  An unproven rookie?

Some people have hated Kirkpatrick ever since he was drafted and have ripped on him evrry year for being a "bust" because he did not start.  Now they call him a bum who can't cover or tackle.  The truth is that if he was that bad then we would see him getting burned a lot more often.  However our pass defense has been very solid this year.  

With Kirkpatrick as a starter our defense is ranked....

First in fewest completions of 20+ yards allowed
Fourth in fewest completions of 40+ yards allowed
Fourth in fewest td passes allowed
Fifth in lowest pass efficiency rating allowed.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 01:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: With Kirkpatrick as a starter our defense is ranked....

First in fewest completions of 20+ yards allowed
Fourth in fewest completions of 40+ yards allowed
Fourth in fewest td passes allowed
Fifth in lowest pass efficiency rating allowed.

We also have one of the best, if not the best, safety tandems in the league this year.  Wink

I get it, DreK gets a lot of hate on here, some deserved and some not deserved. I won't be mad if we keep him, but I also won't be mad to see him go. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
For someone so thin, I would have expected he would have gotten burnt less and get back to the ball easier. He's just not as quick as he looks like he should be.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 01:14 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: For someone so thin, I would have expected he would have gotten burnt less and get back to the ball easier. He's just not as quick as he looks like he should be.

He doesn't get burt that much.

Every CB in the league gets burnt at times.  Unless you want to pay $10+ million a year for a top 5 CB to replace Kirkpatrick then you are going to see our DBs ive up some deep completions.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 01:13 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote:  I also won't be mad to see him go. 

Who do you see replacing him?

Shaw?

Hill?

Or do you keep both of the older guys in Hall and Jones?
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 01:14 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: For someone so thin, I would have expected he would have gotten burnt less and get back to the ball easier. He's just not as quick as he looks like he should be.

Couple of those were the saftey out of position...
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 01:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He doesn't get burt that much.

Every CB in the league gets burnt at times.  Unless you want to pay $10+ million a year for a top 5 CB to replace Kirkpatrick then you are going to see our DBs ive up some deep completions.

I don't even think you could get a top guy for $10 million any more.  The recent contracts have been higher.  As you asked in another thread, who would replace him?  You just can't have a top guy at every position, especially when there is no replacement ready.
Reply/Quote
I think he is playing pretty well. He deserves starter money as he is a starter but not top 15 money.
Reply/Quote
Most corners struggle coming into the league. The guy is in his second true season of playing corner in the league, and people are looking to give up on him? He is vastly improved from where he was last season. More time, more reps, more experience, should equal better results. Adam Jones wasn't a lock down corner when he first signed here, it took years in the system getting coached up and buying into it for him to be the player he is now.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Solid starter who should only get better with more experience.

If he was not a first rounder and did not have the 'swag' attitude so much , he'd get less heat. Kinda irritates me when he's not exactly lockdown for him then to be making such a show all the time.

I really struggle to see Hall going all next season with further decline/injuries and with Dennard coming back from injury and still not proven I don't want to see Dre K go anywhere right now.
Reply/Quote
He doesn't look that good to be honest, he gets beat easily, and commits a ton of penalties. I think we should move on.
Reply/Quote