• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on bringing Burfict back
I wish him the best but no...his future is elsewhere

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
New blood. Out with the old.

Burfict had his time.

He's got the bullseye on him.

We've got a whole thread about the media consistently sandbagging our team already !

No thanks.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
At this time,our defense needs a young Vontaze Burfict.We need an emotional leader.A linebacker who leads by example of his play.Very skilled at reading offenses.Fast,athletic,physical,aggressive,even a little nasty,but plays smart.You have to admit,like him or not,when Burfict was in his Prime,he could be a game changer.Back in the day,,,, when he was on the field it was a big lift to the defense.When he wasn’t out there then you could easily see quite a dramatic drop-off in play.Maybe such a player can be found in this year’s draft.To answer your question,,,,,No,I would not waste my time on him at this point.I think he should resign permanently,for his sake,and for everyone else.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 07:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's what I'm saying, though, because it sounds like he's working on all that because he knows that this would be his last shot, and it sounds like he wants to prolong his career, so he's changing his ways.

People point to that playoff loss as a reason to say he can't contain himself, but I disagree:  he had just made an interception to win the city its first playoff game in forever, goes back into the locker room, has to come back out after Hill fumbles, get his mind back on track, and then actually tried to avoid hitting Brown when he was initially just trying to make a play.

I don't think it could hurt to at least bring him in and the upside is too much to deny.

I agree with you in the fact is if we didn't have Burfict in that Playoff game we wouldn't of even been in it.

Dude played his ass off more-so then I can say of nearly any other Bengal in a Playoff game in the last decade or so.

I usually agree with you Brad, just think it is way too late in his career for him to change his ways.

Wish him the best though and he will always be one of my favorite Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 05:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel the same, loved Burfict as well but we need LB's that are young, athletic, can cover and tackle and don't have a concussion
history. Give me any one of Jamie Collins, Trevathan, Littleton or Schobert over Burfict at this point. Wouldn't matter anyways if 
Burfict changed up his game, he would be in stripes again and it wouldn't matter. He is a target for the refs to make an example
of and it would be even worse if he came back here.

This^^^

There will never be a benefit of the doubt, and we will inevitable lose close games because of BS calls against him keeping the drive alive for the opposition to win the game...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 05:21 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Looks like he may really be trying to change his ways and style. At the right price would you take a flyer on him?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28773697/agent-peter-schaffer-vontaze-burfict-working-conform-style-nfl

Burfict was a Marvin project.  I doubt Taylor has the patience for Vontaze's inability to suit up every game due to suspensions. 
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 07:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree with you in the fact is if we didn't have Burfict in that Playoff game we wouldn't of even been in it.

Dude played his ass off more-so then I can say of nearly any other Bengal in a Playoff game in the last decade or so.

I usually agree with you Brad, just think it is way too late in his career for him to change his ways.

Wish him the best though and he will always be one of my favorite Bengals.

Exactly.

I don't blame him for the playoff meltdown.

He's made some mistakes and been caught blatantly doing things that others do throughout the league.

Burfict is made an example by his own actions.  Even when he knew they were watching he just kept doing it.

That's just the mental things.  Then there's him being slow and out of shape too.

Even though I feel the league has been tough on VB, I also don't feel sorry for him one bit.

He's had this kind of behavior problem for a very long time.

Loved the fire, passion, and physicality he brought here.  He just was his own worst enemy.

Playing like that and playing for the Bengals was a recipe for disaster in my opinion.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He was the best player on the team for some time there, even when Geno and AJ were producing, but his time has passed. Just like Geno and AJ's will shortly.
Reply/Quote
If Gruden and millions in fines and lost salary couldn't cure him then his headhunting disease is terminal.
Reply/Quote
Thanks but no thanks, I'm done with all of Marvin's players and am ready to move on to new players, Taylor's players.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 09:38 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Thanks but no thanks, I'm done with all of Marvin's players and am ready to move on to new players, Taylor's players.

Would be nice to see Taylor get his own players in here so we can judge him fairly.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 06:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Moving on from Burfict was the right move. No reason to bring him back.

Andre Smith 2.0 - We don't need it.

Reply/Quote
If Zac is planning to change the culture while drafting guys with high character, I dont think Burfict is the type of guy he wants in the locker room.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 10:01 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If Zac is planning to change the culture while drafting guys with high character, I dont think Burfict is the type of guy he wants in the locker room.

Agree. It only takes one to ruin the culture. Coaches worse nightmare. Well, some I guess. Others will take a chance but I don't think ZT can afford that chance and be wrong.

Reply/Quote
No. He has a giant target on his back and with his injury history (concussions biggest concern) I don't see any upside being worth the hassle/risk.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
YES I WOULD BRING HIM BACK!!! PLEASE!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 05:21 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Looks like he may really be trying to change his ways and style. At the right price would you take a flyer on him?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28773697/agent-peter-schaffer-vontaze-burfict-working-conform-style-nfl

In a minute, but as a LB coach!
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 10:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: In a minute, but as a LB coach!

Like this better, he knows how to read Offenses, could really help Pratt in this area.
Reply/Quote
Brad my heart is with you, but my mind says he's just not a Taylor guy. I can't help but wonder what a camp with a reformed, in shape Burfict could yield.

But typically guys with his concussion history are at the least fragile, and at the worst devoid of impulse control.

I'd love to take a flyer on him and see if he can pull it off, but I don't see it producing what we want..

Love your heart though Brad.
Reply/Quote

No chance in hell.  Guy just can't stay out of his own way.  That ship has sailed.  Welcome to the XFL, Vontaze.
Reply/Quote