Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on bringing Burfict back
All great points, but you're missing the bigger picture. Bringing Vontaze back lets him live rent free in Pittsburgh's head.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 07:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's what I'm saying, though, because it sounds like he's working on all that because he knows that this would be his last shot, and it sounds like he wants to prolong his career, so he's changing his ways.

People point to that playoff loss as a reason to say he can't contain himself, but I disagree:  he had just made an interception to win the city its first playoff game in forever, goes back into the locker room, has to come back out after Hill fumbles, get his mind back on track, and then actually tried to avoid hitting Brown when he was initially just trying to make a play.

I don't think it could hurt to at least bring him in and the upside is too much to deny.

What upside? His last season here, he wasn't good, not even average. No, he had plenty of chances to change, but he couldn't. He only knows 1 way to play and that is, 1 foot over the line. 
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 10:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: All great points, but you're missing the bigger picture. Bringing Vontaze back lets him live rent free in Pittsburgh's head.

Was he living there the last eight games when the Bengals went 0-8. If so he need to GTFO of their heads
Reply/Quote
He was a leader on the Defensive side of the ball. The D sorely needs that right now. PLUS there's no more Chuckles to let him get away with murder.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 11:15 AM)GreenDragon Wrote: He was a leader on the Defensive side of the ball. The D sorely needs that right now. PLUS there's no more Chuckles to let him get away with murder.

Jon Gruden couldn't control him, Marvin couldn't control him, the league can't control him. Three strikes and he's out.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 10:53 AM)sandwedge Wrote: What upside? His last season here, he wasn't good, not even average. No, he had plenty of chances to change, but he couldn't. He only knows 1 way to play and that is, 1 foot over the line. 

This.  As I recall he didn't play very well in 2018.  Maybe it just my bad memory but I thought that was the opinion of several people here at the time.  Plus he hasn't played a full season since 2013 due to a combination of suspensions and injuries.  I don't see much upside in bringing him back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Hard pass. He is relic of a bygone era.
Reply/Quote
Once one of my very favorite Bengals. But "no thanks" now.

He did not play that well in 2018 and if he was able to change his stripes he would have done it a long time ago.

Finally, I don't want to see him play anywhere because of his concussion history.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 11:29 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: This.  As I recall he didn't play very well in 2018.  Maybe it just my bad memory but I thought that was the opinion of several people here at the time.  Plus he hasn't played a full season since 2013 due to a combination of suspensions and injuries.  I don't see much upside in bringing him back.

Right, if he really wanted to change after the playoff melt down would have been the time.
Reply/Quote
Wasn't a big sell for Taylor character guys in the locker room and the move he made to show it was to release Burfict? Why would he bring him back?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
No to Burfict. Can't trust him to stay healthy. Can't trust him to stay available. Can't trust him to be more than a shell of what he was as a player.
I'd rather keep moving toward a new era and not take the chance of Burfict being Burfict here again.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 05:21 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Looks like he may really be trying to change his ways and style. At the right price would you take a flyer on him?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28773697/agent-peter-schaffer-vontaze-burfict-working-conform-style-nfl

as much as I love burfict the magnifying glass the nfl has on him is even bigger now...

so ill pass all it takes is one bad hit intential or not and hes gone again.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely the f*** not
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 11:15 AM)GreenDragon Wrote: He was a leader on the Defensive side of the ball. The D sorely needs that right now. PLUS there's no more Chuckles to let him get away with murder.

Vontaze would walk all over Opie.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
No, I think the dude is damaged goods... unfortunately
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 05:21 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Looks like he may really be trying to change his ways and style. At the right price would you take a flyer on him?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28773697/agent-peter-schaffer-vontaze-burfict-working-conform-style-nfl

No
Reply/Quote
Dude can’t cover in a league that requires cover linebackers

He’d get torched by any QB worth a damn
Reply/Quote
Now if he wants to try his hand at coaching...… Or calling Defensive plays I might be interested.
Reply/Quote
Stop going back to your ex just because they said they changed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote