Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills
(11-05-2023, 12:38 PM)grampahol Wrote: Prime time fear has finally evaporated among the Bengals faithful.. I remember when prime time games the Bengals were the Washington Generals to the Globe Trotters..  Ninja

I loved Andy Dalton but those primetime games gave me real nightmares.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So grateful to BengalHolic and others getting this board going, it is much better than the bengals.com old site by far IMO.

I understood the Bengals getting rid of the old site. With respect to comments on the management, and particularly on Mike Brown, the old site was rampart with negativity. There were some posters, like Denny (who probably got paid to promote the Bengals), of whom I'm sure the management enjoyed reading their posts. But I'm sure the management was wondering why they were hosting a site that was bashing them all the time.

The old site was a haven for suffering Bengals fans and a great source of information. I'm so glad that some posters took it upon themselves to create a new home for Bengals fans. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2023, 09:01 PM)samhain Wrote: Nothing beats the old buffalo style sauce made from scratch.  The bottled versions don't have the butter content and it's just not right.

Yeah I think mines pretty close based on what I’ve eaten here. Stick of butter, 3/4 cup of Franks, teaspoon of Worcestershire and a teaspoon of cayenne. More cayenne if I want it hotter. That was just a recipe I googled and it works for me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Today is taking forever! Add the extra hour and I'm also so over watching Eagles Cowboys for the millionth time.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 07:33 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: Today is taking forever! Add the extra hour and I'm also so over watching Eagles Cowboys for the millionth time.

Yep, Me too. Started drinking at noon thinking it was 1pm. Now I have a conundrum. Game feels like 2 years away.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 07:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep, Me too. Started drinking at noon thinking it was 1pm. Now I have a conundrum. Game feels like 2 years away.

Sounds like someone is calling in sick tomorrow
Reply/Quote
Sipping some Buffalo Trace in honor of a Bills L
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 08:29 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Sounds like someone is calling in sick tomorrow

Already did.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 09:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Already did.  Cool

Good man!  Even when under the influence of malted hops, we can still make a wise decision every now and then  lol
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 05:09 PM)Nepa Wrote: I understood the Bengals getting rid of the old site. With respect to comments on the management, and particularly on Mike Brown, the old site was rampart with negativity. There were some posters, like Denny (who probably got paid to promote the Bengals), of whom I'm sure the management enjoyed reading their posts. But I'm sure the management was wondering why they were hosting a site that was bashing them all the time.

The old site was a haven for suffering Bengals fans and a great source of information. I'm so glad that some posters took it upon themselves to create a new home for Bengals fans. 

I'm pretty sure Denny didn't get paid, unless it was strictly to be a moderator.

But yes, toxicity was rampant there compared to here.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah the old board got to be borderline unreadable. It went WAY beyond simple liking-disliking players to getting personal in some unprintable ways.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 11:53 AM)Joelist Wrote: Yeah the old board got to be borderline unreadable. It went WAY beyond simple liking-disliking players to getting personal in some unprintable waI 
I still think the cheerleader's thread put us over the edge.
To our credit though, the talent on that years squad was pretty poor.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 05:09 PM)Nepa Wrote: I understood the Bengals getting rid of the old site. With respect to comments on the management, and particularly on Mike Brown, the old site was rampart with negativity. There were some posters, like Denny (who probably got paid to promote the Bengals), of whom I'm sure the management enjoyed reading their posts. But I'm sure the management was wondering why they were hosting a site that was bashing them all the time.

I doubt DennyG was getting paid, he was just buds with Mikey Boy and backed him up on EVERY move imaginable without
any criticism whatsoever. I loved that site though, not near as much as this one, but it was my home for quite awhile. Miss 
some of those people who couldn't make it here.

I was invited to another site by some of those older Bengal fans but it was a bit too wild. I prefer what BengalHolic and 
others have done here. This is just a nice, quality Bengals board and I love how we let some other fans in here on JN at 
times to hear what they say and try to be as respectful to each other as much as possible.

Really like Packersbacker and Billsfan1986 for example.

Watch me take this back on Chiefs week though lol

Don't like Chiefs or stealer fans. Mellow

(11-06-2023, 01:19 PM)kdgjr Wrote: I still think the cheerleader's thread put us over the edge.
To our credit though, the talent on that years squad was pretty poor.

Charles Bronson?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
You go to the Bills board and there is 30+ pages of content...

I do wish this board had more people join up but other than that I love it and glad it's here.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 07:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep, Me too. Started drinking at noon thinking it was 1pm. Now I have a conundrum. Game feels like 2 years away.

Yep, me too.  Although I did take advantage of the beautiful weather and did some outside work that I was putting off during some of the lower interest games.  However, I must truly be getting old.  Staying up to 11:30, with it feeling like 12:30 on a work night.  I typically wake up naturally around 5am, she said I was still snoring when the alarm went off at 5:30 today.  Been dragging ass all day long.

(11-05-2023, 09:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Already did.  Cool

I considered it, but decided to hold onto my PTO, as I will burn a few extra days around the holidays.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 05:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I considered it, but decided to hold onto my PTO, as I will burn a few extra days around the holidays.

I got my ass up and went to work anyway.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 05:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I got my ass up and went to work anyway.

Anybody ask Brandon Beane how he’s doing today? He seems to get real frustrated losing to the Bengals lmao
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Speaking about the old board, I don't know if it was actually true but I remember a poster claiming to be the father of a player came and vehemently defended said player/son because of a ton of vitriol directed towards him.

Some people really started to go overboard with trash talk on players.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 05:34 PM)Emphasis Wrote: Speaking about the old board, I don't know if it was actually true but I remember a poster claiming to be the father of a player came and vehemently defended said player/son because of a ton of vitriol directed towards him.

Some people really started to go overboard with trash talk on players.

I remember Shane G's sister coming on.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Bills fans are mostly blaming their coach. Some are pissed at the refs. I understand that, and I saw the ones they are talking about, but they don't seem to recognize the Bengals got some crappy calls and missed calls as well. Bad PI call. Missed facemask on Burrow. Phantom holding call on the blown up penalty series. Phantom motion call on the FG attempt. Block in the back call on the kick return where the guy just fell down without being touched. Actual grounding after the puzzling one.

Oh and like many fans do, they wonder why they didn't play the whole game like they did in the 4th qtr. It's because the defense changes with a two score lead.

Reply/Quote