Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Threads from our Frenemies-Buffalo
Yeah, **** the Bills.

We can talk again another week about how much we secretly love them. For the next week, I hate them.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You guys crack me up. Call out the Bills for being over confident in their team while being overconfident in our team... Hilarious The one guy that called Burrow Joe Statue got called out and they told him Burrow is not as immobile as he may seem and gave the number of first downs he has run for. I like Bills Mafia, they are just like Bengals fans... and we do great trading with the Bills.
Reply/Quote
They are the best opposing fans I’ve ever seen. Yeah they’re ignorant about us. I’m in the same boat when it comes to the Bills. Still, I have the same strange confidence about this game that I’ve had for the previous Chiefs games….
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 08:36 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Saw some discussion about Bengals playing the same defense they do vs. Mahomes dropping 8.

Not sure if I was Lou I'd play that strategy... Allen is more of a willing runner and much bigger would be hard to stop.  

Think you still rush 4 and make Allen think... his wide receivers outside of Stefon don't seem to get much seperation.

Yeah we'd be stupid to think dropping 8 all day will have the same effect here. Allen will just run himself on every play. We'll have to watch Gabe Davis as well, that guy can have monster games.

Like said, the Bills are a franchise are closer to us than a lot of the other teams, in the sense of being a historically bad/unfortunate team. In a playoffs which didn't include the Bengals I'd root for the Bills. But these playoffs will include the Bengals, so f**k the Bills! 

In all seriousness, they're a heck of a team and we'll have our hands full with them. But they'll have their hands full with us too. Clearly two of the best teams in the NFL, an absolute banger of a matchup for the league this one. Glad the Bengals are in this position.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:31 AM)SladeX Wrote: They are the best opposing fans I’ve ever seen. Yeah they’re ignorant about us. I’m in the same boat when it comes to the Bills. Still, I have the same strange confidence about this game that I’ve had for the previous Chiefs games….

Flip the river for the lake, and we are the same franchise.  Right down to having our hearts ripped out in multiple Super Bowls.  Bills fans are passionate and generally classy.  Remember how much money poured out of Buffalo into the Andy Dalton Foundation after that 4th down pass to Tyler Boyd sent them to the playoffs?

The only thing I'm confident in is that they have to play us in The Jungle.  Bring it.
Reply/Quote
Their thread on us is our thread on them. Just switch the names of the teams. It is kind of funny actually…which is why I called them “frenemies” in the first place. Yeah they’ve got some crazy homers but shoot so do we.

I read the opposing boards every week. Other than this one, because we all know “The Bengals Board” sets the standard for best, “Two Bills Drive” may be the next best.

Now of course they are going to lose here in Cincinnati. Bills Mafia may be more famous (seriously who jumps onto tables?) but they haven’t visited “The Jungle”. And especially on a Monday night.

This game will be epic.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 07:38 PM)pally Wrote: I'm sorry, I can't call the Bills the enemy...even this week.  The 2 fan bases are too much alike.  I could feel their pain when they had to hold their noses to root for the Patriots yesterday...just like us a couple of weeks ago having to root for the Ravens to lose to that team we do not mention

Their message board is second only to this one Wink for knowledgeable fans.  While obviously biased they aren't over the top.

Jan 2, should be a great game between 2 well-matched teams.  

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/244687-bills-open-as-15-point-favorites-against-bengalsou-49/

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/244696-will-we-see-the-same-light-boxes-and-heavy-coverage-looks-against-cincy/

Actual concern for the player in this thread not gloating as would be on so many other boards

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/244710-bengals-rt-torn-acl-out-for-the-year/

Agree good blog, I've been a bit disappointed at some of our bloggers with derogatory language more and more On other teams and players, seeing more of late at games too. 
Reply/Quote
THEY HAVE TO PLAY US!

The one thing that stood out was the guy who said the Bills were holding back to “keep their powder dry”. I can hear McDermot now….”OK men…let’s only play at 80% of what we’re capable of these last few games before we play the Bengals and turn it up to 100% effort for them.” LOL!
Reply/Quote
Good fans overall in Buffalo. If they do in fact win it this year, I really hope they don’t become like Chief fans.

The two quibbles I’d have is saying the Bengals got lucky against NE (Bengals dominated the box score and two of NE’s touchdowns were a pick 6 and about as lucky of a play as you can get on 3rd and 29) and that they Bengals haven’t beat anyone outside of KC (trying to figure out what wins Buffalo has that would be considered better than what the Bengals have, especially since Cincinnati is 3-0 against the AFC East).

There’s a poster from Ohio on there who couldn’t be more wrong in what he’s written. But other than that, those posters are about as good as you could expect from an opponent.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 07:38 PM)pally Wrote: I'm sorry, I can't call the Bills the enemy...even this week.  The 2 fan bases are too much alike.  I could feel their pain when they had to hold their noses to root for the Patriots yesterday...just like us a couple of weeks ago having to root for the Ravens to lose to that team we do not mention

Their message board is second only to this one Wink for knowledgeable fans.  While obviously biased they aren't over the top.

Jan 2, should be a great game between 2 well-matched teams.  

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/244687-bills-open-as-15-point-favorites-against-bengalsou-49/

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/244696-will-we-see-the-same-light-boxes-and-heavy-coverage-looks-against-cincy/

Actual concern for the player in this thread not gloating as would be on so many other boards

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/244710-bengals-rt-torn-acl-out-for-the-year/

You can't call the Bills the enemy, but us Bengal fans and Sam Wyche remember Marv Levy whining to the NFL about our NO-Huddle Offense and hours before the AFC Championship the Bengals were banned from using it.

What makes them hypocritical they started using a version of it afterwards.

https://buffalonews.com/news/no-huddle-issue-still-bothers-wyche-bengal-coach-has-grudge-against-bills/article_4daf56a4-5efd-518e-a535-8925855be901.html

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1991-01-25-sp-696-story.html
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 07:16 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: You can't call the Bills the enemy, but us Bengal fans and Sam Wyche remember Marv Levy whining to the NFL about our NO-Huddle Offense and hours before the AFC Championship the Bengals were banned from using it.

What makes them hypocritical they started using a version of it afterwards.

https://buffalonews.com/news/no-huddle-issue-still-bothers-wyche-bengal-coach-has-grudge-against-bills/article_4daf56a4-5efd-518e-a535-8925855be901.html

Marv Levy was a whiny tool.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Put it this way, I'm way more apt to root for the Bills should the Bengals lose in the playoff than I would any other AFC team, especially the turds down in KC...
Reply/Quote
Marv Levy was 35 years ago. And, yes I remember him
Reply/Quote
I was in a mall in NJ this past weekend and I was wearing a Bengals hoodie. Dude comes walking up to me in a Bills hoodie and raises his hand and says "Bengals Bro!!!" as we high five. Wished each other a Merry Christmas and health to our teams and went on our way.

NGL, put me in a good mood.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 09:46 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: They're confident that their 12-3 team on a 6-game winning streak will win a big game.

We're confident that our 11-4 team on a 7-game winning streak will win a big game.

It's to be expected. I don't fault them for their bravado or for any less-than-thorough analysis of the Bengals' performances. Indeed, I suspect they've spent most of the season viewing the Chiefs as The Problem in the AFC, and they haven't had their heads beaten in three times like KC has to make them understand that the Bengals are an issue.

Nice post as usual Jagged Jimmy Jay. Need to give these fans something to think about as they clearly haven't been watching 
this team much this season. It's all good, but I have been watching their team and they struggled against the Fins who we beat
on pretty good and we are a more complete team than the Fins by a good margin IMHO.

(12-25-2022, 11:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: When we’re hoisting the Lombardi.

Yes, that is when the disrespect should go away and we become the team that doesn't get the "got lucky" acronym. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:23 PM)Earendil Wrote: Marv Levy was 35 years ago. And, yes I remember him

The 1989 Super Bowl loss to the 49ers was around the same time and I will never forgive/forget that loss to that organization. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This is a thread from our mutual enemy. Chiefs fans are now Bengals fans

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346678

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'm a bit surprised at some of their comments. They see our receivers and think we are a big play only team. Stats show we are 3rd overall in the NFL in time of possession. Buffalo is 17th by the way.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Put it this way, I'm way more apt to root for the Bills should the Bengals lose in the playoff than I would any other AFC team, especially the turds down in KC...

Not even a question. I was rooting for the Bills over KC in the playoffs even though I thought the Bengals had a better chance against KC. Thankfully the Bengals shut down the 13 seconds and grim reaper nonsense a week later.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:55 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I'm a bit surprised at some of their comments.  They see our receivers and think we are a big play only team.  Stats show we are 3rd overall in the NFL in time of possession.  Buffalo is 17th by the way.

This team plays incredible complimentary football when they are at their best.  Burrow and the offense have been very good at constructing long drives that help keep the defense off the field.  This was especially evident vs KC.
Reply/Quote