Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Threads from our Frenemies-Buffalo
(12-25-2022, 07:52 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I don’t know, they don’t seem all that knowledgeable. Putting a TON of stock in a 2nd half on the road with some terrible luck on a short week that still ended in us winning our 7th straight game. Obviously only see what they want to see. And ignored the absolute thrashing we gave them in the first half.

ASk tom brady how he feels after thrashing us in the first half lol
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 08:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I thought the same thing. 15 points  Shocked

If that were really the line?  I'd put $1,000 on it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 01:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: ASk tom brady how he feels after thrashing us in the first half lol

LoL, for real. Interestingly enough, he had the exact opposite game this week. Looked like they were going down early, but came back in the second half to win. Odd happenings all around this weekend.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 01:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: ASk tom brady how he feels after thrashing us in the first half lol

We won, he didn’t. Not the same, good teams win even when they have some bad luck or struggle for part of a game. We have quite a history of struggling for a half but winning the vast majority our games. Ask the Chiefs if they think a bad half makes the Bengals a team they’ll easily beat.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 01:47 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: We won, he didn’t. Not the same, good teams win even when they have some bad luck or struggle for part of a game. We have quite a history of struggling for a half but winning the vast majority our games. Ask the Chiefs if they think a bad half makes the Bengals a team they’ll easily beat.

You missed the point but carry on.
Reply/Quote
My ex wife is from buffalo so Ive had many opportunities to go to buffalo games. In fact, ive probably been to twice as many bills games as bengals games in my lifetime. That being said, I do like the bills and have for the last 25 plus years ever since I went to my first bills game back in '96. But nothing can prevent me from wanting the bills to get destroyed monday.

My son is caught between his mom and dad this week. He loves both the bills and bengals both but he loves the bengals far more so his mom wants him to watch the game at my house haha
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:38 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I was in a mall in NJ this past weekend and I was wearing a Bengals hoodie. Dude comes walking up to me in a Bills hoodie and raises his hand and says "Bengals Bro!!!" as we high five. Wished each other a Merry Christmas and health to our teams and went on our way.

NGL, put me in a good mood.

And then everyone clapped.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 02:06 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: My ex wife is from buffalo so Ive had many opportunities to go to buffalo games. In fact, ive probably been to twice as many bills games as bengals games in my lifetime. That being said, I do like the bills and have for the last 25 plus years ever since I went to my first bills game back in '96. But nothing can prevent me from wanting the bills to get destroyed monday.

My son is caught between his mom and dad this week. He loves both the bills and bengals both but he loves the bengals far more so his mom wants him to watch the game at my house haha

So you’ve been a Bengals AND a Bills fan for 25+ years? Some people just love torture lol
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:53 AM)pally Wrote: This is a thread from our mutual enemy. Chiefs fans are now Bengals fans

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346678

Lol those comments are hilarious. “Bengals win and we (Chiefs) become immediate strong favorites to make the Super Bowl”. So the Bengals (who beat the chiefs this year AND on the road in the playoffs last year) beat the Bills (who also beat KC this season in KC) and somehow that makes KC the SB favorites lmfao
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 02:27 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Lol those comments are hilarious. “Bengals win and we (Chiefs) become immediate strong favorites to make the Super Bowl”. So the Bengals (who beat the chiefs this year AND on the road in the playoffs last year) beat the Bills (who also beat KC this season in KC) and somehow that makes KC the SB favorites lmfao

I've seen takes like that on here. Fans are fans
Reply/Quote
I mean, objectively speaking, if the Bengals beat the Bills then the Chiefs do become prohibitive favorites for the 1-seed (assuming they beat Denver), which would then give them the best odds to get out of the AFC. Nothing is guaranteed obviously, but that's not an untrue claim.
Reply/Quote
Regarding Bills fans being classy, I think their recent snow game against Miami showed that. At first, i was appalled by their throwing snowballs and ice-balls at the Miami players trying to score in the end zone and, it was report, at the Miami players on the sidelines. Seeing the massive numbers of missiles going into the end zone, I found myself being really upset -- even though I realized they were trying to be the 12th man as Miami was trying to score and probably thought throwing a snowball was acceptable given the seating area was covered by snow. Most probably never thought it might be ice hitting a player's eye.

But when they were warned that it would bring a penalty, I didn't see any more throwing of snowballs/ice-balls after that. From massive numbers of snowballs going right and left to the fans completely stopping from throwing them. I was impressed how they united to change their behavior.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 03:25 PM)Nepa Wrote: Regarding Bills fans being classy, I think their recent snow game against Miami showed that. At first, i was appalled by their throwing snowballs and ice-balls at the Miami players trying to score in the end zone and, it was report, at the Miami players on the sidelines. Seeing the massive numbers of missiles going into the end zone,  I found myself being really upset -- even though I realized they were trying to be the 12th man as Miami was trying to score and probably thought throwing a snowball was acceptable given the seating area was covered by snow. Most probably never thought it might be ice hitting a player's eye.

But when they were warned that it would bring a penalty, I didn't see any more throwing of snowballs/ice-balls after that. From massive numbers of snowballs going right and left to the fans completely stopping from throwing them. I was impressed how they united to change their behavior.

We all know that wouldn't have happened in Cleveland. They would have thrown snowballs with batteries in them.
Reply/Quote
Not for nothing, but if they say buffalo wings are superior to Skyline I'm not going to go all homer and disagree. That would be incredibly dishonest of me.

We may have the superior football team, but they got us beat by a lot in the food department.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 03:52 PM)samhain Wrote: Not for nothing, but if they say buffalo wings are superior to Skyline I'm not going to go all homer and disagree.  That would be incredibly dishonest of me.  

We may have the superior football team, but they got us beat by a lot in the food department.

Comparing wings and skyline is like comparing pizza to steak. It's a completely different genre of food. It's not like no where in Cincinnati sells wings lol 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 02:21 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: So you’ve been a Bengals AND a Bills fan for 25+ years? Some people just love torture lol

Buffalo has had such heart-wrenching close losses that many are identified simply by two or three words (and some have their own entry in Wikipedia): "Wide Right," "The Drop," "Music City Miracle," and "13 seconds."
Reply/Quote
Bills were built specifically to beat KC - schemes and all. We are not KC - just their daddy. Bengals were built to take the AFCN and this scheme helped with our play in the NFL. What is most important is the culture/attitude of this Bengals team: the players don't panic and the coaches are always urgent. Except when Zac tries to be cute in a close game.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 08:16 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Saw some comments about Joe not being mobile?
He does hold the ball and take some sacks sometimes but calling him “not mobile” is ignorant (although the guy who called him Joe Statue gets props for being funny)

That name was far more appropriate a year ago but Joe is fast and, more importantly, has been really decisive when taking off. So many big runs this season. Imo, the biggest difference in the offense is taking the free yards. DB's now at least have to turn around to see if he left the pocket.
Reply/Quote
I have no hate for the Bills or their fans, especially what they did for Andy Dalton's foundation after he beat the Ravens (famous TD on 4th and 12) to send the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in decades.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 04:08 PM)Nepa Wrote: Buffalo has had such heart-wrenching close losses that many are identified simply by two or three words (and some have their own entry in Wikipedia): "Wide Right," "The Drop," "Music City Miracle," and "13 seconds."

I'm having trouble remembering "the drop"....enlightenment anybody?
Reply/Quote