Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Threads from our Frenemies-part 2
(01-19-2023, 06:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This board will not say bad things about me, I have never disparaged the Bills or their players here or there.

The 99% is hyperbole because on that particular day I had several telling me how great Skylar was compared to Huntley and how the Bengals are dirty trying to hurt Josh, and all that stats that prove the Bills are the best in the league.  It wasn't selective reading it was those commenting to me that particular day.

And not that it is any of your business, but I have had some great conversations regarding ball since then.  But you do have some as.sholes over there that attack other fans.

And I can see by your response here that you come as a nice guy then show your true d.ick self.  

Maybe read more of my comments and you will see that I only respond to questions presented to me and if anything I am overly hard on my team extremely confident of the Bills.   But thanks for showing your true colors.

I come as a nice guy and remain a nice guy until someone comes on our board, stirs the pot then literally makes up lies about what’s being said on our board. You have an agenda. If it was to talk football, you would do just that. Instead, you make things up.

Why would you say our board says Skylar Thompson is a great qb? Can you link anything that says such a thing?? 99% of our fan base thinks we should be undefeated the last 2 seasons??? Wth are you talking about?? At least 10% of the Bills population on our board picks against Buffalo every week and cry and complain about Beane and Mcdermott.

Why make this up? Why the poor choice of words? It makes no sense
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 10:58 AM)Nepa Wrote: I have no idea what is being posted on your board, but take a look at what the Bills fan Niagara is posting on the prediction thread. He just posted a video of when Burrow got injured and calling for the same thing this game. 

We have a some bad fans. Just like every fan base for every team on the planet. That’s not the norm.
Reply/Quote
I just hope Bills Mafia shows our boys some love when they take the field, win or lose.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 12:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I just hope Bills Mafia shows our boys some love when they take the field, win or lose.

100%

Apparently if you use the 100% emoji, it reads as a question mark.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 12:32 PM)Mafioso Wrote: ?

Why the ? I think the Bengals should receive a standing ovation when they take the field for the way they handled the Hamilin situation both on the field and in the aftermath.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 12:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why the ? I think the Bengals should receive a standing ovation when they take the field for the way they handled the Hamilin situation both on the field and in the aftermath.

That'd actually be a good psycho out. Imagine coming out in an away stadium and the crowd is giving you all cheers? You know they're going to be messed up at first like, "Wtf is going on?"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 12:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why the ? I think the Bengals should receive a standing ovation when they take the field for the way they handled the Hamilin situation both on the field and in the aftermath.

My bad……not sure how I posted that. Thought I put the 100% sign
Reply/Quote
As a Bills fan, I first have to say that I think the way the Bengals coaches, staff, and fans handled the Damar situation was total class. Really impressed. Thank you.

As for the seeding and home field advantage stuff, it was a tough situation for NFL. My opinion was that teams should have been seeded exactly according to their records. They would mean Cinci playing in Buffalo, but if Buffalo should win, we'd have to go to KC. I didn't like that scenario - considering we were the #1 seed going into the Cinci game - but it seemed the most fair. Your record is your record.

As for this game, I have worries. The Bills O Line isn't good. Our running game is nothing special. Our receivers other than Diggs are meh - they have trouble getting open or even just holding onto the ball (I'm too lazy to research if this is still true but at one point the Bills led the league in drops). Our offense is Josh and Diggs - mostly Josh.

On defense, we've struggled to get pressure since Von Miller went out. If you don't know, the Bills D runs nickel something like 90% of the time. The problem is that this makes us vulnerable to the run. The other problem is that it puts 3 DBs on the field when we only have one good DB. And that one good DB - Tre White - hasn't been himself since his knee injury. So we actually have zero good DBs. Safety is problematic for us too. For the past few years, Hyde and Poyer have been an example of "the sum is greater than the parts." They play really well together and - because they're interchangeable - they can disguise coverages really well. With Hyde out, our safety play has been much degraded this year. Burrow is primed for a big day, I think.

And yet, for all the their deficiencies, the Bills have won a lot of games this season. Sometimes, an unexpected hero steps up. Mostly it's been about Josh making Superman plays. But he'll need to make several, I think, for the Bills to overcome the Bengals. I'm hoping he does but wish you guys luck if things don't work out for the Mafia.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 01:52 PM)BillsFanInCali Wrote: As a Bills fan, I first have to say that I think the way the Bengals coaches, staff, and fans handled the Damar situation was total class.  Really impressed.  Thank you.

As for the seeding and home field advantage stuff, it was a tough situation for NFL.  My opinion was that teams should have been seeded exactly according to their records.  They would mean Cinci playing in Buffalo, but if Buffalo should win, we'd have to go to KC.  I didn't like that scenario - considering we were the #1 seed going into the Cinci game - but it seemed the most fair.   Your record is your record.

As for this game, I have worries.  The Bills O Line isn't good.  Our running game is nothing special.  Our receivers other than Diggs are meh - they have trouble getting open or even just holding onto the ball (I'm too lazy to research if this is still true but at one point the Bills led the league in drops).  Our offense is Josh and Diggs - mostly Josh.  

On defense, we've struggled to get pressure since Von Miller went out.  If you don't know, the Bills D runs nickel something like 90% of the time.  The problem is that this makes us vulnerable to the run.  The other problem is that it puts 3 DBs on the field when we only have one good DB.  And that one good DB - Tre White - hasn't been himself since his knee injury.  So we actually have zero good DBs.  Safety is problematic for us too.  For the past few years, Hyde and Poyer have been an example of "the sum is greater than the parts."  They play really well together and - because they're interchangeable -  they can disguise coverages really well.  With Hyde out, our safety play has been much degraded this year.  Burrow is primed for a big day, I think.

And yet, for all the their deficiencies, the Bills have won a lot of games this season.  Sometimes, an unexpected hero steps up.  Mostly it's been about Josh making Superman plays.  But he'll need to make several, I think, for the Bills to overcome the Bengals.  I'm hoping he does but wish you guys luck if things don't work out for the Mafia.

I'd say that most of us are pretty much in agreement with everything you said. There's concerns that both teams need to address but this game may just come down to who has the ball last.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Anyone thinking there is not a chance for either team to win is kidding themselves. That said, I think the Bengals out physical the Bills playing AFCN football.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 01:52 PM)BillsFanInCali Wrote: As a Bills fan, I first have to say that I think the way the Bengals coaches, staff, and fans handled the Damar situation was total class. Really impressed. Thank you.

As for the seeding and home field advantage stuff, it was a tough situation for NFL. My opinion was that teams should have been seeded exactly according to their records. They would mean Cinci playing in Buffalo, but if Buffalo should win, we'd have to go to KC. I didn't like that scenario - considering we were the #1 seed going into the Cinci game - but it seemed the most fair. Your record is your record.

As for this game, I have worries. The Bills O Line isn't good. Our running game is nothing special. Our receivers other than Diggs are meh - they have trouble getting open or even just holding onto the ball (I'm too lazy to research if this is still true but at one point the Bills led the league in drops). Our offense is Josh and Diggs - mostly Josh.

On defense, we've struggled to get pressure since Von Miller went out. If you don't know, the Bills D runs nickel something like 90% of the time. The problem is that this makes us vulnerable to the run. The other problem is that it puts 3 DBs on the field when we only have one good DB. And that one good DB - Tre White - hasn't been himself since his knee injury. So we actually have zero good DBs. Safety is problematic for us too. For the past few years, Hyde and Poyer have been an example of "the sum is greater than the parts." They play really well together and - because they're interchangeable - they can disguise coverages really well. With Hyde out, our safety play has been much degraded this year. Burrow is primed for a big day, I think.

And yet, for all the their deficiencies, the Bills have won a lot of games this season. Sometimes, an unexpected hero steps up. Mostly it's been about Josh making Superman plays. But he'll need to make several, I think, for the Bills to overcome the Bengals. I'm hoping he does but wish you guys luck if things don't work out for the Mafia.

Taron Johnson is a very good DB. Shame on you
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 02:15 PM)Mafioso Wrote: Taron Johnson is a very good DB.  Shame on you

Taron is okay.  PFF (okay, maybe not the fount of all knowledge) grades him out at 68 which is in the average range.  Taron is certainly not as good as Tre when Tre was good.  

PFF, btw, also hung an average grade on Tre.  His return was certainly rough.  But he does seem to be improving with each game played.  Or is that just my wishful thinking?  
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 02:15 PM)Mafioso Wrote: Taron Johnson is a very good DB.  Shame on you

(01-20-2023, 02:30 PM)BillsFanInCali Wrote: Taron is okay.  PFF (okay, maybe not the fount of all knowledge) grades him out at 68 which is in the average range.  Taron is certainly not as good as Tre when Tre was good.  

PFF, btw, also hung an average grade on Tre.  His return was certainly rough.  But he does seem to be improving with each game played.  Or is that just my wishful thinking?  

One of the few players on the Bills Defense that has stood out to me in a great way when I have watched your team is Taron Johnson.

Think he is a damn good player.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 02:30 PM)BillsFanInCali Wrote: Taron is okay.  PFF (okay, maybe not the fount of all knowledge) grades him out at 68 which is in the average range.  Taron is certainly not as good as Tre when Tre was good.  

And Matt Milano has a 73 pff rating. First team all pro.

Taron one of the best slot corners in the game. He’s very good. You can pff all you want.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: One of the few players on the Bills Defense that has stood out to me in a great way when I have watched your team is Taron Johnson.

Think he is a damn good player.

Good eye. He’s one of the keys to our D and is the reason we’re able to play nickel 90% of the season. His ability vs the run is among the best in football for corners. He’s essentially a weakside LB. Heavy sets can take advantage of him, but usually hurts the opposing pass O’s so we don’t see them very often.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 03:36 PM)Mafioso Wrote: Good eye.  He’s one of the keys to our D and is the reason we’re able to play nickel 90% of the season.  His ability vs the run is among the best in football for corners. He’s essentially a weakside LB.  Heavy sets can take advantage of him, but usually hurts the opposing pass O’s so we don’t see them very often.

Very good tackler, seen him make at least 1 Tackle For Loss against the Fins. I find him to be a major strength for you guys along 
with Milano and of course The Riddler Ed Oliver. Poyer has looked banged up, I look for Burrow to attack him a lot and White even
if he is your best Corner, going to be tough going against Chase for an entire game.

The Riddler should have some great push going against Scharping our backup. Also, have always like Edmunds but sometimes he 
misses a tackle here and there that befuddles me. Wanted us to draft Edmunds. You guys are going to have to get pressure quick 
with 3 or 4 DL and do it without blitzing to slow this Offense down. We will see, should be a blast to watch Sunday.
Reply/Quote
I like our chances even with 3 backups on the line. This team is built to stop Lamar from running. I suspect they can stop Allen with little problem. That means Josh has to beat us with his arm. Make him one dimensional, like they do to Mahomes.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 11:57 AM)Mafioso Wrote: I come as a nice guy and remain a nice guy until someone comes on our board, stirs the pot then literally makes up lies about what’s being said on our board.  You have an agenda.  If it was to talk football, you would do just that.  Instead, you make things up.

Why would you say our board says Skylar Thompson is a great qb?  Can you link anything that says such a thing??  99% of our fan base thinks we should be undefeated the last 2 seasons???  Wth are you talking about?? At least 10% of the Bills population on our board picks against Buffalo every week and cry and complain about Beane and Mcdermott.  

Why make this up?  Why the poor choice of words?  It makes no sense

You are such a little whiny ass, if I have time I will copy some those stupid posts, along with some of your good fans post criticizing the same ones I was referring.  Stop whyning so much and stop sending me DMs then posting on the forum.   

Reply/Quote
No more frenemies bs! The Bills are in our way now and its time to kick ass! I dont like them and I hope they dont like me!
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 01:52 PM)BillsFanInCali Wrote: As a Bills fan, I first have to say that I think the way the Bengals coaches, staff, and fans handled the Damar situation was total class.  Really impressed.  Thank you.

As for the seeding and home field advantage stuff, it was a tough situation for NFL.  My opinion was that teams should have been seeded exactly according to their records.  They would mean Cinci playing in Buffalo, but if Buffalo should win, we'd have to go to KC.  I didn't like that scenario - considering we were the #1 seed going into the Cinci game - but it seemed the most fair.   Your record is your record.

As for this game, I have worries.  The Bills O Line isn't good.  Our running game is nothing special.  Our receivers other than Diggs are meh - they have trouble getting open or even just holding onto the ball (I'm too lazy to research if this is still true but at one point the Bills led the league in drops).  Our offense is Josh and Diggs - mostly Josh.  

On defense, we've struggled to get pressure since Von Miller went out.  If you don't know, the Bills D runs nickel something like 90% of the time.  The problem is that this makes us vulnerable to the run.  The other problem is that it puts 3 DBs on the field when we only have one good DB.  And that one good DB - Tre White - hasn't been himself since his knee injury.  So we actually have zero good DBs.  Safety is problematic for us too.  For the past few years, Hyde and Poyer have been an example of "the sum is greater than the parts."  They play really well together and - because they're interchangeable -  they can disguise coverages really well.  With Hyde out, our safety play has been much degraded this year.  Burrow is primed for a big day, I think.

And yet, for all the their deficiencies, the Bills have won a lot of games this season.  Sometimes, an unexpected hero steps up.  Mostly it's been about Josh making Superman plays.  But he'll need to make several, I think, for the Bills to overcome the Bengals.  I'm hoping he does but wish you guys luck if things don't work out for the Mafia.

Thank you for you analysis. Helping to restore faith in humanity after reading posts on here the last couple of days from Niagara and Billsfan214, who seemed to just join this board to criticize Bengals players and fans and even the city of Cincinnati. I couldn't believe it when Niagara posted the video of Burrow getting his leg shredded against Washington as something he was wishing for in this game. (Since wisely deleted by mods, as well as any replies that included the video links.)

Buffalo and Cincinnati are two small-market towns with good fanbases and decent citizens. My oldest son often attends Bills games and roots for them. My own sister and her entire family (who had lived in Buffalo for a while) are die-hard Bills fans. We never let our different fan affiliations get in the way of our love for one another.
Reply/Quote