Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Threads from the Enemy-Baltimore part 3
I find their passionate hatred of Joe Burrow extraordinarily bizarre.

Like, I get it. We're rivals. You're not going to love your rival's QB, but the hatred is weird.

I'm seeing a lot of them call Burrow arrogant or entitled or smug.

I don't hate Lamar. I don't hate Pickett. I hate Watson because of who he is as a person and I hated Ben because of who he was as a person.

I guess this is how it feels to be on top of the division for now and the immediate future. You got angry, irrational dogs barking up at us.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 06:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I find their passionate hatred of Joe Burrow extraordinarily bizarre.

Like, I get it. We're rivals. You're not going to love your rival's QB, but the hatred is weird.

I don't hate Lamar. I don't hate Pickett. I hate Watson because of who he is as a person and I hated Ben because of who he was as a person.

I guess this is how it feels to be on top of the division for now and the immediate future. You got angry, irrational dogs barking up at us.

It is bizarre. Burrow is crazy confident, but he isn't arrogant, entitled or smug in any way. Spot on about Watson and the Pig.

They are actually just not good people.

It is a different time, and this is what you get when you are the top dogs, lots of hate. Keep it comin'. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 12:20 PM)pally Wrote: https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?239219-Is-there-a-bigger-punk-ass-team-in-the-league-right-now-outside-of-Cincy

Quote:I love the way Roquan Smith played today. He played with an edge that I think others on the team need to play with. I loved to see him bump Chase and make sure we weren't getting punked. A little of it rubbed off in Worley (the big hit on Tee) and Chuck (that lick on Boyd).I love what Houston said about the little kerfuffle on the sideline with Jackson Carmen. This should be a good game next week.

In the thread complaining about a team being "punk asses," this guy talks about how much he loves cheap shots and should-have-been personal fouls.

It's like poetry.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 06:29 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: In the thread complaining about a team being "punk asses," this guy talks about how much he loves cheap shots and should-have-been personal fouls.

It's like poetry.

Seriously think they are becoming just like the stealers, sad, used to really respect the Ravens, now they are the Rats.
Reply/Quote
**** em. Just win baby, just win.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 06:29 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: In the thread complaining about a team being "punk asses," this guy talks about how much he loves cheap shots and should-have-been personal fouls.

It's like poetry.

That's where I stopped reading.
Reply/Quote

It's like poetry.

He'd better be careful what he wishes for.  One of his boys is going to mess around and Shazier themselves.
Reply/Quote
I remember this guy named Ju-Ju Smith who cheap shotted Burfict. How did that end for him in a later game?

Smith will be a marked man, better have that head on a swivel. He got 45 to 60 million guaranteed so does he really want to wage war with a team he plays not once, but at least twice a year minimum.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 06:34 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: **** em. Just win baby, just win.

Wyche my man how are ya?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 06:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I find their passionate hatred of Joe Burrow extraordinarily bizarre.

It seems every Packer fan up here is cheering for the Bengals or Bills the rest of the way.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 03:59 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Roqain Smith  sighed 5 tear 100 million contract

I like how Smith is taking a big portion of their cap. I hate how him resetting the market may do to us if we try to keep Pratt.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 03:47 PM)Nepa Wrote: Lamar Jackson was an unanimous MVP in 2019 season. Only second one ever to be unanimous. I'd pick Burrow every day, but it's not exactly "next-level stupid" for a Ravens fan to prefer him as their QB.

To pick him today is next-level stupid.  I’m not sure it’s particularly relevant what he did 3 years ago.
Reply/Quote

They are butthurt because they thought once Ben retired Lamar was going to run the Division. Lamar is on his last leg (Figuratively and literally) and Joe is just getting into his groove.  To call Burrow entitled or arrogant is the height of ignorance. How many young men in the early twenties would give a Heisman speech and say "I was more fortunate than a lot of people went to high school with" He knows he was lucky to have a parent coach at OU in an area where there aren't many jobs. It's not lost on him, and he still works to ensure food for that entire area. I have always liked Lamar since his days at Louisville. Probably a lot of this stems from the fact that deep down they know he's leaving. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 07:02 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Wyche my man how are ya?

Doing well my man! Hope you are too.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 04:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This. Well said Psych. Isn't going to be pretty for Rat's fans Sunday night. All we did was play vanilla against them while Burrow and 
Tee were clearly off and still beat the Rats by 10+ in an ugly game. Watch what happens when we actually play unpredictably on Offense
and Defense and Burrow and Tee are on the same page...

We gotta stop Andrews for once.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 11:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: We gotta stop Andrews for once.

Vonn Bell is very good at hitting someone very very hard, but within the rules. He needs to just JJS Andrews early and often and make him hear footsteps the rest of the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 11:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Vonn Bell is very good at hitting someone very very hard, but within the rules. He needs to just JJS Andrews early and often and make him hear footsteps the rest of the game.

I'd risk a PF with a message shot over the middle.....if we're gonna play dirty and all. 

I'm not advocating that type of thing, but eye for an eye and all. Definitely a good clean shot on a catch would work wonders.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 11:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'd risk a PF with a message shot over the middle.....if we're gonna play dirty and all. 

I'm not advocating that type of thing, but eye for an eye and all. Definitely a good clean shot on a catch would work wonders.

Saw an article a few minutes ago that said Lamar's knee is still swollen, but they hope he plays. He ain't playing.... if he goes out there with a swollen knee and is not as mobile as he normally is, he's a sitting duck to get further injured. Baltimore did not give him a contract extension, I don't think he's going to put it on the line for them.
Reply/Quote
Ian Rappaport now reporting it’s an “uphill climb” for Lamar to play and “not looking good.” They went from optimism last week to concern this week. We will see, if he doesn’t practice today, I doubt he plays.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 12:21 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Ian Rappaport now reporting it’s an “uphill climb” for Lamar to play and “not looking good.” They went from optimism last week to concern this week. We will see, if he doesn’t practice today, I doubt he plays.

These types of reports don't 'tend to' be wrong... especially this close to game day. Only 4 days before the game, isn't a lot of time for an 'uphill climb' to change. Also as said, even if he does manage it there is zero chance he's 100% ready to go if this is his current status. Don't think he plays either.

Apparently the Ravens are 6-0 when on the road in the Wildcard Round. 5 of those under Harbaugh. Another streak to break.
Reply/Quote