Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy-Tennessee
We haven't had one of these the last several weeks because those boards were so busy complaining about their own teams that they weren't looking forward. But, Tennessee fans started early. They remember a game from last January and want their team to take revenge.

Tennessee fans have a long way to go to measure up to the arrogance or obnoxiousness of the message board fandoms of our AFCN competition or our mutual nemesis, the KC Chiefs

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/45577-titans-vs-bengals-week-12-discussion/

https://gotitans.com/threads/game-11-bengals-titans.103603/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I don’t get why they are insulted about the line. It’s not a popularity contest. I get being surprised, but it’s not personal guys.

And a lot of them don’t think much of the Bengals. According to them they were the better team and should have won last year. No reason given. They’re also kind of assuming half a dozen sacks.

They were called a # 1 fraud last year and the Bengals proved it. (I defended them last year saying they won the games so they earned it) but the whine fest over there annoys me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 10:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t get why they are insulted about the line. It’s not a popularity contest. I get being surprised, but it’s not personal guys.

And a lot of them don’t think much of the Bengals. According to them they were the better team and should have won last year. No reason given. They’re also kind of assuming half a dozen sacks.

They were called a # 1 fraud last year and the Bengals proved it. (I defended them last year saying they won the games so they earned it) but the whine fest over there annoys me.

They were not a fraud last year nor or they a fraud this year. They demolished the KC Chiefs last year and even though we beat KC twice last year proving that we were better we never demolished KC. They smoked KC with a healthy team, we beat them with their RB coming back from IR.

We were the hottest team in the AFC, we should have beaten the Rams in the SB. I think if that game was at a neutral site we win handily. 

But give the Devil[Titans, Oilers] their due they were the regular season's champs without their stud RB for a good portion of the season.

This game against the Titans this week "might" determine if the Titans are a fraud this season.  
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 07:14 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: They were not a fraud last year nor or they a fraud this year. They demolished the KC Chiefs last year and even though we beat KC twice last year proving that we were better we never demolished KC. They smoked KC with a healthy team, we beat them with their RB coming back from IR.

We were the hottest team in the AFC, we should have beaten the Rams in the SB. I think if that game was at a neutral site we win handily. 

But give the Devil[Titans, Oilers] their due they were the regular season's champs without their stud RB for a good portion of the season.

This game against the Titans this week "might" determine if the Titans are a fraud this season.  

They have five or six wins before the season starts because of that craptastic division. They had a week off and home field and lost. Fraud. Like I said I argued they were not a fraud, but I’m a sports fan and can change my opinion for petty reasons. Like their whining LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Jesus, that's depressing seeing it all written out like that...

Quote:Here is a list of the QBs the Bengals have faced thus far

Mitch Trubisky
Joe Flacco
Cooper Rush
(Mostly) Teddy Bridgewater
Lamar Jackson
Andy Dalton
Marcus Mariota
Jacoby Brissett
Baker Mayfield
Kenny Pickett

...the NFL needs to do something about college football. There's way too many bad QBs starting in the NFL. There's like 8 QBs under 38 y/o who are good, 2 in mid-30s who used to be good but are currently terrible this year, 4 who are okay but clearly a step down, and then a sea of meh-to-crap. Might be time to finally create an NFL minor league system for players out of high school so there's more QBs/OL actually prepared for NFL play.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 07:40 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jesus, that's depressing seeing it all written out like that...

...the NFL needs to do something about college football. There's way too many bad QBs starting in the NFL. There's like 8 QBs under 38 y/o who are good, 2 in mid-30s who used to be good but are currently terrible this year, 4 who are okay but clearly a step down, and then a sea of meh-to-crap. Might be time to finally create an NFL minor league system for players out of high school so there's more QBs/OL actually prepared for NFL play.

Well this week Tannehill won’t be much better than the competition we’ve played. The Titans have scored over 20 points 4 times but more than 24 points 1 time, whereas we have scored over 24 points in 6 of our last 8.

I believe they put up over I don’t care so much about the QBs they play, because if our offense is putting up the points they’ve been, they will compete with anything. Our defense is built to play against these good QBs, because many of these good QBs want to take shots and we don’t typically give up huge plays (now CTB scares me a little).

But like I said Tannehill is closer to those quarterbacks on that list, than the elite ones we play later this year. I think that’s why it’s important we grab this one.
Reply/Quote
Tannehill is not elite but competent/decent. He is under-rated and catches more flack for not being elite than other middle bracket QB’s.

IMO, he is efficient and can be accurate when he is dialed in.

In some ways, he reminds me of a more consistent Dalton ~ dances in the middle tier of decent QB’s who can play very well at times (and poor too) but mostly tends to dance near the top of this middle tier (largely due to the run game and his arm not being overly relied upon).

B/C of the adequate talent around him, he does pretty well; especially being efficient in his role as the QB of a run-heavy O

Tenn is a good team and well-coached. They should be taken very seriously.

This coupled w the lack of Awuzie and Chase - make me very nervous for this one.
Reply/Quote
I think the Gravedigger, BJ, Pratt and Wilson will take care of Henry. The game will probably come down to how much pressure the Bash Brothers can put on Tannehill.
Reply/Quote
They think Joe Mixon is the end all be all for us. Him being out isn't really that big of a deal. Perine is more than capable.

Teams that don't watch us have no idea about our defense and just how efficient we are on offense. It's kind of funny.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 07:40 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jesus, that's depressing seeing it all written out like that...

Want to make it even worse? Re-read that list and realize they forgot to add P.J. Walker. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 10:06 PM)pally Wrote: We haven't had one of these the last several weeks because those boards were so busy complaining about their own teams that they weren't looking forward.  But, Tennessee fans started early.  They remember a game from last January and want their team to take revenge.

Tennessee fans have a long way to go to measure up to the arrogance or obnoxiousness of the message board fandoms of our AFCN competition or our mutual nemesis, the KC Chiefs

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/45577-titans-vs-bengals-week-12-discussion/

https://gotitans.com/threads/game-11-bengals-titans.103603/

Titans fans got REAL irritated with all the Bengals fans at the playoff game back in January. Got super angry hearing all the Who Dey chants at the end of the game especially.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Titans fans got REAL irritated with all the Bengals fans at the playoff game back in January. Got super angry hearing all the Who Dey chants at the end of the game especially.

Should be REAL irritated with Tannehill and his three interceptions. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Titans fans got REAL irritated with all the Bengals fans at the playoff game back in January. Got super angry hearing all the Who Dey chants at the end of the game especially.

Poor babies.  Tell your crap fans to not sell their tickets.  And every fanbase at an away game is going to do that.  Well they won't be saying who Dey.  I've heard Here we go Steelers and Here we go Brownies more times than I care to remember.

Reply/Quote

Their fan base is lame as hell. They don't care. 

I went to the playoff game in Nashville and I've been to a number of Titans games. Lamest fans in the NFL (behind Vegas). Just zero passion.

Burrow is going to pick them the hell apart. They are one of the worst pass defenses in the league and this aint the same OL we had last year in the playoffs.

They have played a bunch of trash teams and have beat up on a trash division. Barely beat the Broncos, Texans, and Raiders. I'm actually more confident in this game than I was with the Pitt game.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 08:09 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well this week Tannehill won’t be much better than the competition we’ve played. The Titans have scored over 20 points 4 times but more than 24 points 1 time, whereas we have scored over 24 points in 6 of our last 8.

I believe they put up over I don’t care so much about the QBs they play, because if our offense is putting up the points they’ve been, they will compete with anything. Our defense is built to play against these good QBs, because many of these good QBs want to take shots and we don’t typically give up huge plays (now CTB scares me a little).

But like I said Tannehill is closer to those quarterbacks on that list, than the elite ones we play later this year. I think that’s why it’s important we grab this one.

Morning Y’all.

The Titans offense has been a big problem for most of the season and our inability to score points is a well worn problem. The irony is that once we get to the red zone, we’re one of the best in the league to put it in the end zone. But that’s balanced against a lot of 3 and outs or 3 and long situations.

Last weeks game against Green Bay on Thursday night was the best outing the offense has seen since last season. It was helped by rookie Traylen Burks coming back from IR (turf toe) and some of the other young players who can catch the ball beginning to come into their own. The fact that we don’t have AJ Brown anymore is pretty obvious to production numbers.

That being said, the defense is elite and gets more out of rushing 4 than any other team. The Titans rarely blitz since we don’t really have to, which helps against the passing game. Jeffrey Simmons is one of the best inside linebackers in the game and always draws a double team (and still manages to get through). The big question this week is whether Denico Autry’s knee injury is serious or not (no word yet). Harold Landry who was one of our sack leaders last year suffered a ACL tear in preseason but the rest of the defense hasn’t missed a beat. But the big issue is that we put Burrow on the ground NINE times and still lost. We still must do better.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:46 AM)Sevenfeet Wrote: Morning Y’all.

The Titans offense has been a big problem for most of the season and our inability to score points is a well worn problem. The irony is that once we get to the red zone, we’re one of the best in the league to put it in the end zone. But that’s balanced against a lot of 3 and outs or 3 and long situations.

Last weeks game against Green Bay on Thursday night was the best outing the offense has seen since last season. It was helped by rookie Traylen Burks coming back from IR (turf toe) and some of the other young players who can catch the ball beginning to come into their own. The fact that we don’t have AJ Brown anymore is pretty obvious to production numbers.

That being said, the defense is elite and gets more out of rushing 4 than any other team. The Titans rarely blitz since we don’t really have to, which helps against the passing game. Jeffrey Simmons is one of the best inside linebackers in the game and always draws a double team (and still manages to get through). The big question this week is whether Denico Autry’s knee injury is serious or not (no word yet). Harold Landry who was one of our sack leaders last year suffered a ACL tear in preseason but the rest of the defense hasn’t missed a beat. But the big issue is that we put Burrow on the ground NINE times and still lost. We still must do better.

Arkansan here. I’m well aware if what Treylon is capable of. I believe he has the tools to dominate in the NFL, but we’ll see.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:21 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Their fan base is lame as hell. They don't care. 

I went to the playoff game in Nashville and I've been to a number of Titans games. Lamest fans in the NFL (behind Vegas). Just zero passion.

Burrow is going to pick them the hell apart. They are one of the worst pass defenses in the league and this aint the same OL we had last year in the playoffs.

They have played a bunch of trash teams and have beat up on a trash division. Barely beat the Broncos, Texans, and Raiders. I'm actually more confident in this game than I was with the Pitt game.

I’m sure a few of us care.

One of my best friends is a Cinci native (no longer lives there but his parents and sister are there). We have a friendly rivalry about our teams and I’m happy that he doesn’t have to refer to the team as “The Bungles” since the advent of Joe Burrow.

The Titans defense has kept us in every game save the blowout in the Buffalo game which turned into a team gut check by all reported accounts in this market. Maybe we needed that. We should have won the Giants game and lost by a missed field goal as time expired. And the third loss was to Mahomes in OT. Breaks the heart when that guy starts playing like the hall of famer he’s going to be.

Our problem is the offense (save Derrick Henry) but last game against the Packers may have turned a corner on that. We’ll see.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:46 AM)Sevenfeet Wrote: Morning Y’all.

That being said, the defense is elite and gets more out of rushing 4 than any other team. The Titans rarely blitz since we don’t really have to, which helps against the passing game. Jeffrey Simmons is one of the best inside linebackers in the game and always draws a double team (and still manages to get through). The big question this week is whether Denico Autry’s knee injury is serious or not (no word yet).  Harold Landry who was one of our sack leaders last year suffered a ACL tear in preseason but the rest of the defense hasn’t missed a beat. But the big issue is that we put Burrow on the ground NINE times and still lost. We still must do better.

A lot of people that aren't familiar with the Bengals look at the offensive line and the sack numbers and assume our offensive line still stinks.

This isn't the same OL that we had in the playoffs last year. They have played really well as of late. It took the new pieces time to gel this season.

I can guarantee you Burrow won't be sacked 9 times this game, or even close to 9 times.  
Reply/Quote
Quote:No way the Bengals are more explosive (Offensively) than the K.C. Refs.
Just my 2 cents but I think the players had this one circled and are looking forward to this game more than the fans.

I'm not 100% sure this fan watches football haha.

Quote:he Bengals have a scary good WR group. Chase will definitely be back, he even wrote some shit on Twitter how they need him in the game. Higgins is also very good, Boyd is solid. If Mixon is out, that's huge for us. Autry is out, Dupree in. But I think Fulton is the most important, I don't want McCreary and Mitchell to cover those guys.

Quote:Something to watch and monitor throughout this week with how the NFL is treating concussions right now.

Mixon being out would be a huge loss for the Bengals.

Am I crazy for not being concerned whether Mixon is out or not? Perine does almost everything better than him at this current point in time (blocking, breaking tackles, accelerating through the hole, dragging defenders) with receiving maybe being a tie? 

I'm hoping it's just a slump or maybe a nagging injury, but at this specific moment in time, Mixon being out doesn't really affect us negatively, in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:55 AM)Sevenfeet Wrote: I’m sure a few of us care.

One of my best friends is a Cinci native (no longer lives there but his parents and sister are there). We have a friendly rivalry about our teams and I’m happy that he doesn’t have to refer to the team as “The Bungles” since the advent of Joe Burrow.

The Titans defense has kept us in every game save the blowout in the Buffalo game which turned into a team gut check by all reported accounts in this market. Maybe we needed that. We should have won the Giants game and lost by a missed field goal as time expired. And the third loss was to Mahomes in OT. Breaks the heart when that guy starts playing like the hall of famer he’s going to be.

Our problem is the offense (save Derrick Henry) but last game against the Packers may have turned a corner on that.  We’ll see.

The Bungles died when Carson Palmer came along as far as I'm concerned. They have had really successful teams over the past two decades.

That being said, I think this game is going to be super interesting and a measuring stick game for both teams. The Bengals have played teams that mirror the Titans all year. The Jets, Steelers, Browns, Cowboys come to mind. Elite defenses but "lacking" on offense. Some games turned out OK, others not so much. 

That being said, the Bengals are playing really well right now and their OL looks the best it has looked in years. I think that could be the difference maker. 
Reply/Quote