Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy-Tennessee
Did Reader play last year in the playoff game?
I can’t recall.

My thoughts:

1. STUFF Henry and we get the same results as last year bc I would imagine there is no way our O-Line could possibly do as horridly as they did last year. I’d like to think that outing is not even possible to repeat - it was so atrocious.

2. One issue that make me nervous: Our D is not as stout as last year w Awuzie out. These better teams (w the Titans being one of them); will expose the crap out of this any day now Sad

Get your popcorn ready, this will be a dang good one.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 02:04 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Right. I think QBR is an incredibly subjective statistic, which makes it very difficult to rely on for much, especially since it will only ever really matter on ESPN's website, since other websites will not be interested in broadcasting a competitor's confidential statistic. It seems even ESPN's own employees don't regard it as worthy of consideration, since their QB rankings never match the QBR stat.

It seems to me based on your response and some other responses that running the ball is too heavily accounted for in QBR, but even that isn't something Tannehill holds over Burrow. I imagine if the general fanbase of the NFL were to rank each attribute of a QB (accuracy, arm strength, touch, athleticism, pocket awareness, ability to read a defense etc), Burrow would come away ranked higher in almost every category compared to Tannehill, arm strength being the only one I'd call a toss up between the two.

I didn't mean to start a debate about whether QBR is or is not a legitimate statistic as much as I was just pointing out that using it to claim that Tannehill is playing as well as Burrow right now is bad and will cause you to lose credibility in non-echo chamber discussions.

Regarding Lamar Jackson, he does one thing better than Burrow and that's run the ball. I understand that running is part of the arsenal that a QB has, as you alluded to with Mariota, but it's clear as day that Burrow is the far superior passer of the football. Funnily enough, I recall a recent Burrow interview where he said that, in some ways, he is kind of glad he isn't the same athlete that Jackson is because, if he were, he probably wouldn't have fine tuned his passing accuracy and ability to read the defense, the two things that have made him a millionaire.

Rushing for a QB, in that metric, does seem to boost them more than it should. I don't disagree that running should be included because it's part of what a QB can do to advance the ball. 

Each part of the traditional passer rating is based on a percentage based on what every QB does every game, so things like % of carries vs pass attempts, AYPC and AYPG should be figured in but at a percentage that doesn't skew the total rating, since some QBs can and do run much more than others, game by game. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 01:14 PM)Whacked Wrote: Did Reader play last year in the playoff game?
I can’t recall.

My thoughts:

1. STUFF Henry and we get the same results as last year bc I would imagine there is no way our O-Line could possibly do as horridly as they did last year. I’d like to think that outing is not even possible to repeat - it was so atrocious.

2. One issue that make me nervous: Our D is not as stout as last year w Awuzie out. These better teams (w the Titans being one of them); will expose the crap out of this any day now Sad

Get your popcorn ready, this will be a dang good one.

He played and he was a one man wrecking crew. Towards the end, he made another tackle and the color guy said "let me guess..." right as the announcer was saying Reader's name. 

He scored an 83.2 in that game with 6 tackles and 4 stops. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 05:23 PM)Sevenfeet Wrote: And in a scene where past is prologue...

Mr. Carlson: What, uh, seems to be the big story of the day?

Les: Taxes. Nobody wants to pay them anymore.

Mr. Carlson: I see--

Les: And in other headlines, Thursday is Thanksgiving again.

Mr. Carlson: Ah I see--

Les: Inflation continues. There's more fighting in Africa.

Mr. Carlson: ---

Les: And in football, this may be the week for the Bengals.

Mr. Carlson: Ah!

Les: Or maybe not.

Mr. Carlson: Oh....

(11-23-2022, 11:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: There’s another slightly more famous Thanksgiving scene

Hilarious Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 01:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He played and he was a one man wrecking crew. Towards the end, he made another tackle and the color guy said "let me guess..." right as the announcer was saying Reader's name. 

Yeah, don't know how a Bengal fan could forget if DJ played in that game lol

He pretty much single handedly destroyed that O-line even while they doubled him and destroyed any chance for King 
Henry to have a big game against us. Also Clay Johnston made the great play when they tried to go for 2.

But that might of been the most dominant play by a Defender for us ever in the Playoffs by DJ Reader, he was THAT 
great against the Titans. Hope he is 100% going into this one, he didn't look quite as quick against the stealers.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 01:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Former Busts, Retreads, Past-primes, Has-beens, and Hopes...
Marcus Mariota (29)
Baker Mayfield (27)
Jacoby Brissett (29)
Jared Goff (28)
Matt Ryan (37)
Andy Dalton (35)
Taylor Heinicke (29)

With new additions of older guys who used to be good but currently stink...
Aaron Rodgers (38)
Tom Brady (45)
Matthew Stafford (34)
Russell Wilson (34)

Young starting QBs who stink...
Zach Wilson (23)
Daniel Jones (25)
Trevor Lawrence (23)
Justin Fields (23)
Davis Mills (24)
Kenny Pickett (24)
Mac Jones (24)

Out of that list, who honestly has a good shot at turning it around and being good for at least 3 years? Maybe Fields if he learns to complete more passes than rushing attempts? Maybe Trevor Lawrence? That's about it and I listed 19 QBs and there's quite a few "serviceable but never going to be great" guys in the remaining list like Carr, Tannehill, Prescott, Cousins, Garoppolo, Murray, and might as well throw Geno Smith probably being the new Tennehill in that category, I guess?

That puts my count at 26, with 2 (maybe 3 if Murray decides to mature and focus on football) I am still somewhat holding out hope for. Out of 32.

If you don't have Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, or Tua Tagovailoa, do you feel any other team is confident they 100% certainly have their QB position set for the next 5+ years right now?

Great post, I do like Fields and especially Hurts to be decent. Lawrence as you say might finally get it down who knows.

Mac Jones could be solid but nothing special.

There is a major fall off after the last QB's you mention no question. Cousins is good when he doesn't get pressured too
much who you didn't mention. I actually like Heinicke even if I don't like that team anymore, surprised he is THAT old.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great post, I do like Fields and especially Hurts to be decent. Lawrence as you say might finally get it down who knows.

Mac Jones could be solid but nothing special.

There is a major fall off after the last QB's you mention no question. Cousins is good when he doesn't get pressured too
much who you didn't mention. I actually like Heinicke even if I don't like that team anymore, surprised he is THAT old.

I messed up my count somewhere, lol, Hurts would be in my "set at QB" category. Thanks for the catch there. I just can't trust Fields yet. He has more carries (46) than completions (43) over the last 3 games. Over the last 6 games it is 80 carries and 87 completions. That is just not sustainable, doubly so when he hasn't completed 60% of his passes in a year yet. The talent is there, though.

Cousins is in my Carr/Tannehill list. I actually nearly gave him his own weird category, maybe that's where my count got thrown off.

Yeah, Heinicke was a UDFA in 2015. He isn't terrible, but he isn't good. The last two years he hasn't been above league average in any of TD%, INT%, CMP%, YPA, QB Rating in either of the years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 02:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I messed up my count somewhere, lol, Hurts would be in my "set at QB" category.

Cousins is in my Carr/Tannehill list. I actually nearly gave him his own weird category, maybe that's where my count got thrown off.

Yeah, Heinicke was a UDFA in 2015. He isn't terrible, but he isn't good. The last two years he hasn't been above league average in any of TD%, INT%, CMP%, YPA, QB Rating in either of the years.

Thought you just forgot about Hurts, he has been having a great season this year. Made that growth you want to see in a 
young QB. It does make sense to put Cousins in the Carr/Tannehill list. I like Mariota if he is used right but he definitely is 
not a great passing QB. Heinicke just plays with heart and I respect that. He raises up his team's play unlike Wentz.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 01:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He played and he was a one man wrecking crew. Towards the end, he made another tackle and the color guy said "let me guess..." right as the announcer was saying Reader's name. 

Thank you
We are going to need him at full strength and not sure he is just yet.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 02:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I messed up my count somewhere, lol, Hurts would be in my "set at QB" category. Thanks for the catch there. I just can't trust Fields yet. He has more carries (46) than completions (43) over the last 3 games. Over the last 6 games it is 80 carries and 87 completions. That is just not sustainable, doubly so when he hasn't completed 60% of his passes in a year yet. The talent is there, though.

Fields' biggest passing issue is his lack of receivers.  I don't watch the Bears enough to know if its Fields' passing or his receivers missing is their problem or not.  But they do pretty much have a line up of no name receivers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 11:29 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've watched a few Titans games and have Henry on my fantasy team so I pay a little bit of attention. 

Do you guys think Henry has "lost a step" to a degree this year? IDK if he's just not great in short yardage stuff, but it seems like he's lost a bit of a burst to me? 

Maybe I am high out of my mind and my eyes are playing tricks on me, just generally curious on what the consensus is on Henry coming back from a foot injury last year and now that he's kind of hitting the age curve. 

It's the fact he hasn't broken the big long runs we are used to seeing him do consistently. I think the injury has hindered him in someway at this age, but he still leads the league in yards. Our oline isn't the best and he has gotten hit early alot. If you look back throughout the years, when the oline plays like trash, he goes down pretty easy if u hit him early. 
[Image: sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 03:28 PM)pally Wrote: Fields' biggest passing issue is his lack of receivers.  I don't watch the Bears enough to know if its Fields' passing or his receivers missing is their problem or not.  But they do pretty much have a line up of no name receivers

He has Mooney, Kmet and Claypool. Not devoid of talent but not top tier either. Still feels like he might be the best of the bunch for last year pending Lawrence imo.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 12:39 PM)jason Wrote: I like these Titans chumps that show up when we're about to play them. They're cool and respectful, and it sorta plays out like a crossover team podcast.

When else are they supposed to show up?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, don't know how a Bengal fan could forget if DJ played in that game lol

He pretty much single handedly destroyed that O-line even while they doubled him and destroyed any chance for King 
Henry to have a big game against us. Also Daryl Johnston made the great play when they tried to go for 2.

But that might of been the most dominant play by a Defender for us ever in the Playoffs by DJ Reader, he was THAT 
great against the Titans. Hope he is 100% going into this one, he didn't look quite as quick against the stealers.

Clay***

Not Moose Wink LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 12:33 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Clay***

Not Moose Wink LOL

Damn, thanks Truck. Clay Johnston. Big time play and great ST'er for us. Shocked
Reply/Quote
OK it's game day in Nashville. Thanks for your hospitality in letting a few of us Titans fans in to debate our squads. Now it's just time for 60 minutes of football. Hopefully both sides will get through it with few injuries.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 12:29 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: The browns game was four weeks ago (two games plus a bye). Point stands, and it was ugly. It was also the first game without Chase. This is a resilient team. I believe the bengals win this game. Why?

1. The bengals need it more.
2. They will contain Derrick Henry (he still might get to 100 and a TD)
3. Burrow > Tannehill
4. Upgraded OL, titans won’t get to him like last year.
5. If chase comes back, this offense will be really hard to stop. Even without chase, the bengals are getting everyone involved in their respective roles.

Awuzie out hurts us, a lot. But I feel like the bengals get 27 this weekend and I don’t see the titans matching that total. I could be totally wrong, but it’s just a gut feel.

1) check
2) check - worst rushing performance in Henry’s career. Nice catch.
3) check -
4) check - 1 sack vs 9
5) check - no chase, 7 receivers got involved.

Bengals only got 20, so prediction Was wrong. Great game by defense.
Reply/Quote