Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Threads from the Enemy, divisional playoffs: Titans
so far they seem like the sanest fans we've encountered in a while not as funny as the Raiders fans though.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Man the black background, white print on those boards is annoying. And all those popups. I felt like I was running an obstacle course. Really makes me appreciative of our board.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:27 AM)TheFan Wrote: If our Dline stays decimated like it currently is I think we'll be in trouble. Before the playoffs started I felt comfortable with us going against the Titans but now it might be rough (not that it necessarily wouldn't have been before)

The only solace I take is that DJ Reader is still out there. I am not afraid of their passing game, so having Reader still be a factor does make me feel a little better. Hopefully we can get some luck and get a few of these guys ready for Saturday.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:05 AM)wcu Wrote: This is a tough match up with everyone healthy. I just don't see how a decimated dline can hold up against that rushing attack for 4 quarters. I hope I'm wrong. Better yet, I hope we get amazing injury news throughout the week and we're full strength come Saturday.

It's tough, but it's not quite going to be 2nd half of the Raiders game-tough.  With Ogunjobi, Hendrickson, and Daniels all out, there was nobody to really rotate in when the remaining guys got gassed.  We're obviously not brining in all-pros to replace them, but having available warm bodies will at least give the starters a chance to rotate a bit.  They didn't even have that on Saturday.

The Henry situation is going to be really interesting.  I think he's going to be a bit of a decoy.  The threat of a full-strength Derrick Henry is pretty daunting, but nobody really knows what kind of shape he's in outside of the Titans training room.  Training much of anything in terms of lower-body strength or cardio is tough when you can't put weight on your foot.  I'd be shocked if he's the player that you're used to seeing mow down defenses right out of the gate from an injury that happened on Halloween.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:21 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: The only solace I take is that DJ Reader is still out there. I am not afraid of their passing game, so having Reader still be a factor does make me feel a little better. Hopefully we can get some luck and get a few of these guys ready for Saturday.

I mean, Hubbard is about as good as it gets vs the run, and Hill is no slouch.  It's not like we're going to be running the 2020 Bengals d-line out there.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:21 AM)samhain Wrote: It's tough, but it's not quite going to be 2nd half of the Raiders game-tough.  With Ogunjobi, Hendrickson, and Daniels all out, there was nobody to really rotate in when the remaining guys got gassed.  We're obviously not brining in all-pros to replace them, but having available warm bodies will at least give the starters a chance to rotate a bit.  They didn't even have that on Saturday.

The Henry situation is going to be really interesting.  I think he's going to be a bit of a decoy.  The threat of a full-strength Derrick Henry is pretty daunting, but nobody really knows what kind of shape he's in outside of the Titans training room.  Training much of anything in terms of lower-body strength or cardio is tough when you can't put weight on your foot.  I'd be shocked if he's the player that you're used to seeing mow down defenses right out of the gate from an injury that happened on Halloween.

Yes, that will be very interesting as to how much Henry is used.   I think Foreman will get carries regardless (who was a brilliant find and has played great in Henry's absence ).  
Reply/Quote
Need Hendrickson to get healthy
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:06 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: https://www.titansreport.com/topic/44083-bengals-titans-matchup/

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/44086-check-this-out-cincinnati-bengals/

What a pleasure it is to be able to make a thread with "divisional playoffs" in it. I'll say: I expected the Bengals to be good this year and to contend for a playoff berth, but I can't pretend I expected quite this. But here we are, and the Titans are looming with the Steelers minutes away from losing in Kansas City. The early read from Titans fans is mixed: some are brimming with one seed confidence, some are terrified of the Bengals' receivers and Joe Burrow, and some think the Bengals have played a patsy schedule.

These teams don't know each other terribly well, and the fans know each other even less. This should be interesting.

All I know is the Jets beat both teams....which is all you need to know about this season.  Anything can happen.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:27 AM)TheFan Wrote: If our Dline stays decimated like it currently is I think we'll be in trouble. Before the playoffs started I felt comfortable with us going against the Titans but now it might be rough (not that it necessarily wouldn't have been before)

I just take a Burrow pill and any doubts are wiped away. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Titan fans are saying they are one of the worst in passing defense in the league.... bodes well for our Stud QB and WR Crew.

They will obviously still to their gameplan.. run the ball and make the game short
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:21 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. Everyone thinks the Bengals are a cute story but they're not going very far. 

Kitty Cats!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:30 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Titan fans are saying they are one of the worst in passing defense in the league.... bodes well for our Stud QB and WR Crew.

They will obviously still to their gameplan.. run the ball and make the game short

It's interesting because us and the bills are basically scoring at will lately (bills most of the year, they have several 30-40 point games and a 40-0 and 35-0 game). In that case it comes down to clock management and defense for us against the titans then.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:29 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Need Hendrickson to get healthy

If he plays he gets another strip sack. I predicted one in the Raiders game so I will double down on it!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:06 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: https://www.titansreport.com/topic/44083-bengals-titans-matchup/

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/44086-check-this-out-cincinnati-bengals/

What a pleasure it is to be able to make a thread with "divisional playoffs" in it. I'll say: I expected the Bengals to be good this year and to contend for a playoff berth, but I can't pretend I expected quite this. But here we are, and the Titans are looming with the Steelers minutes away from losing in Kansas City. The early read from Titans fans is mixed: some are brimming with one seed confidence, some are terrified of the Bengals' receivers and Joe Burrow, and some think the Bengals have played a patsy schedule.

These teams don't know each other terribly well, and the fans know each other even less. This should be interesting.

https://gotitans.com/threads/afc-divisional-round-bengals-titans.103361/
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 07:32 PM)Interceptor Wrote: https://gotitans.com/threads/afc-divisional-round-bengals-titans.103361/

Those folks are treating the Bengals like they finished 4-11-1 again. Nice.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 07:43 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Those folks are treating the Bengals like they finished 4-11-1 again. Nice.

That's nice. Underestimated again...
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
"Just pressure Burrow and double Chase" sounds exactly like "just pressure Dalton and double Green" used to sound. Football is never as simple as it looks, Titan lurkers.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 07:48 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: "Just pressure Burrow and double Chase" sounds exactly like "just pressure Dalton and double Green" used to sound. Football is never as simple as it looks, Titan lurkers.

Not sure there's been a prediction thread where half the posts weren't about how bad our line was, their dline was going to feast, and if they get pressure on Burrow we're screwed. It's not like our line recently became terrible and that hasn't been every teams plan basically every single game (whether they tried with just front 4 or blitzes). 

I know very little about how the Titans play D but the Raiders defense was "scary" because they play to not give up big plays which is what our O thrives on. We seem to do better against team that get their pressure from blitzing.
Reply/Quote
One of them seriously said because they put up yards on our D last year they’ll win easy this year lol our D is far from great this year but light years ahead of last years D which didn’t deserve to be on an NFL field.

They also seem to be assuming Hendrickson is out which is wishful thinking
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 09:33 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: One of them seriously said because they put up yards on our D last year they’ll win easy this year lol our D is far from great this year but light years ahead of last years D which didn’t deserve to be on an NFL field.

They also seem to be assuming Hendrickson is out which is wishful thinking

Jessie Bates and Vonn Bell are the ONLY 2 defensive starters playing on Saturday that played in that game last year

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote