Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Threads from the Enemy, divisional playoffs: Titans
(01-17-2022, 11:32 PM)MikeJones561 Wrote: Hey guys, Titans fan here. Very nice layout for the board as well. Just Here to talk some playoff football with yall. My best friend from high school is a diehard Bengals fan. I'm happy for him and the Bengals finally won a playoff game. Always good too see a smaller market team win some games and get love after being overlooked for so long.

Let's get into the game! Us Titan fans are nervous about Borrow and his wrs. Borrow is one of those guys who has that IT factor that makes him dangerous and having arguably 3 #1 WRs to throw too doesn't make it any better.

This game for us is a must win because we continue to get disrespected week after week despite our accomplishments this year. Most injured players in NFL history, lost Henry for more than half the season. Julio and AJ missing a ton of games, still beat 8 winning teams and made 1st seed. The Titans are weird. The games we should win we make it harder than needed everytime. The games we are told we have no chance are when we rise up and beat those teams. We play to the level of our competition every week.. makes for alot of heart attacks.

So i expect us to come out with a ton of energy knowing we have a good team coming into Nashville. We have arguably the best front 4 ( when heathly ) and can get quick pressure rushing only 4. Which helps us out since we shouldn't have to blitz Borrow, because he shreds blitzes better than anyone. We have a bend but don't break defense so it makes our pass defense look worse than it is. Offensively when Julio and AJ have played together, Ryan Tannehill can deliver you a game where he can win the game. Having Henry back is a huge plus even though I think we use him as a decoy this game. Foreman has shown to pick up the slack and runs pretty tough.

This game will come down to 2 things in my opinion. Who turns the ball over less and 3rd down defense. I expect both offenses to do what they do, us running the ball and using play action and Borrow slinging that Thang all over the field. Whoever turns the ball over is giving the other team extra possessions which you dont want to do for either team. And on those 3rd downs you have to get off the field. Borrow is clutch and surprisingly so is Tannehill.

I respect the Bengals and expect a dog fight either way, ima fan of Borrow and think you guys will be set for the next 15 years with him. Which is good because **** the Steelers and Ravens lol. Love seeing the rat birds miss the playoffs! With that said good luck to yall, I hope no injuries happen. Titan up!

Let me guess. Your Bengals friend told you to say **** The Steelers and that’d make you friends on the bengals board?…well he was right lol you sound like my kinda guy! Wish your team woulda beat them this year though. That loss gives me hope for the bengals this week. Any given week though.

Yeah if there is one thing the bengals can understand it’s being disrespected. You don’t get the number one seed by being chumps. Most of us wanted this matchup mostly because of the QB compared to the other Allen and Mahomes. I really expected more out of Tannyhill (yes the typo was on purpose) and your passing game this year especially adding Julio even if he’s on the decline. I drafted AJ in my fantasy league this year, big mistake…

If Henry is healthy he will probably make our defense look bad. We’ve been solid most of the year but got absolutely gashed by Chubb earlier this year, although that was on a two week stretch where our defense just fell apart in every aspect and we lost to the Jets too. I wouldn’t expect that d if I were you but he can definitely still carry you to a win even if our good D shows up.

I think it’ll be a good game either way, I don’t think either team gets enough credit. Although Burrow is single handedly forcing a lot of people to respect this team now. I love Vrabel, big OSU fan so love seeing him succeed. Used to see him out for jogs around OSU campus. He’s a good dude. Hope he wins a SB as a coach one day, just not this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:11 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Let me guess. Your Bengals friend told you to say **** The Steelers and that’d make you friends on the bengals board?…well he was right lol you sound like my kinda guy! Wish your team woulda beat them this year though. That loss gives me hope for the bengals this week. Any given week though.

Yeah if there is one thing the bengals can understand it’s being disrespected. You don’t get the number one seed by being chumps. Most of us wanted this matchup mostly because of the QB compared to the other Allen and Mahomes. I really expected more out of Tannyhill (yes the typo was on purpose) and your passing game this year especially adding Julio even if he’s on the decline. I drafted AJ in my fantasy league this year, big mistake…

If Henry is healthy he will probably make our defense look bad. We’ve been solid most of the year but got absolutely gashed by Chubb earlier this year, although that was on a two week stretch where our defense just fell apart in every aspect and we lost to the Jets too. I wouldn’t expect that d if I were you but he can definitely still carry you to a win even if our good D shows up.

I think it’ll be a good game either way, I don’t think either team gets enough credit. Although Burrow is single handedly forcing a lot of people to respect this team now. I love Vrabel, big OSU fan so love seeing him succeed. Used to see him out for jogs around OSU campus. He’s a good dude. Hope he wins a SB as a coach one day, just not this year.

Lol, my mom's side of the family are from Pittsburgh. Just growing up with them was enough to not like the steelers lol. 

Yeah it's cool to see you guys do good again and I'm jealous you guys have Borrow. You guys have the ideal future. Young qb with weapons that can be with the team 4 plus years from now. I expect the Bengals to be the team to beat from your division. Ravens don't have Cap and will have to dump alot of players. Steelers won't have a qb. And Browns are...the Browns. Mayfield ain't it. Good luck running your division from here on out. 

Sounds like be both more confident in our offenses lol. Can't wait.

Yeah I remember the bad luck with you guys too. 
The Titans Bills and Bengals are among the top teams in the afc. When the hell has that happened lol
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:18 AM)MikeJones561 Wrote: Lol, my mom's side of the family are from Pittsburgh. Just growing up with them was enough to not like the steelers lol. 

Yeah it's cool to see you guys do good again and I'm jealous you guys have Borrow.

It's Burrow. Big Grin

But, at least you're not saying BurrowS like some of our own fans.

[Image: 200.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Like I told the other Titans fan here. Titans are the #1 seed because they won the games to be the #1 seed. Don’t let the media take it away. They’ll probably spend the pre game talking about why Dallas is one and done.

I don’t have an opinion on the game. Haven’t seen a lot of the Titans this year.  From what I can tell the Titans are better in the trenches so advantage Titans. Happy to have gotten the monkey off our back and hoping for a win, but after winning Saturday, I have zero anxiety. I would think the anxiety is definitely on the Titans fans because of what they will hear if they lose. All the told you so’s. So if we lose I’ll be happy for you guys for that and happy for our Buckeye coach of yours.

PS. It’s Burrow

Oh and hating the Rats makes you ok in my book. If it helps I’ve always despised the Colts fans.

(01-18-2022, 12:00 AM)MikeJones561 Wrote: True, that's a very good way to put it about the media. We have been bad for so long that when we finally do get media time it's all hate but well said again. Your right, we just have to handle business or else prove them right lol.

I think we just became friends with the Colts hate haha. Yeah Colts and Ravens are my top 2 hated teams. Their fans are typically loud and ignorant in my experience. I'm cool with some trash talk but anything further just gets annoying. I like to enjoy football with Titan and football fans in general. It's all love! 

Bills fans have been cool to hang with as well. Don't know any Bengal fans besides my best friend so I'd assume you guys are chill too. Never heard anything bad about Bengal fans tbh. 

Borrow is a Beast. You guys enjoy a franchise QB. Loved it when we had McNair. Miss those days. 

Ok. Now you're just being a lowkey dick. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:29 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's Burrow. Big Grin

But, at least you're not saying BurrowS like some of our own fans.

[Image: 200.gif]

Boroughs...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:37 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok. Now you're just being a lowkey dick. Mellow

Lol my bad, Burrow. Was not doing so intentionally. Damn I just did a Keith Bullock myself lol now I know 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:44 AM)MikeJones561 Wrote: Lol my bad, Burrow. Was not doing so intentionally. Damn I just did a Keith Bullock myself lol now I know 

This just made me remember that Randy Bullock signed with the Titans.

We win! We win!
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:44 AM)MikeJones561 Wrote: Lol my bad, Burrow. Was not doing so intentionally. Damn I just did a Keith Bullock myself lol now I know 

ThumbsUp  Wink

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:46 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: This just made me remember that Randy Bullock signed with the Titans.

We win! We win!

He's better than what we have had.  Which isn't saying much. Him and our OC Todd Downing are what worry me in this game. Downing hasn't been too bright since taken over and I pray before every kick now lol
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:50 AM)MikeJones561 Wrote: He's better than what we have had.  Which isn't saying much. Him and our OC Todd Downing are what worry me in this game. Downing hasn't been too bright since taken over and I pray before every kick now lol

May the calf cramp odds be ever in our favor. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:50 AM)MikeJones561 Wrote: I pray before every kick now lol

We know the feeling. And that was after we drafted jake Elliott and then cut him!!!
Reply/Quote
Fat Randy is a good kicker as long as it's not a needed field goal. He tends to wither in the spotlight.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:34 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Not all are Titans homers.

https://gotitans.com/threads/2021-nfl-playoffs.103342/page-32#post-1992579

The last few posts are about the Bengals not being able to handle physical games.... lol we play in the AFCN. We're one of if not the most physical divisions in football
Reply/Quote
Lucky for teams like ours the perennial teams seem to have taken winning season's for granted. Look at all of them now history.. Pitt, Faultimore, NE, NY of course, but they've been there awhile now (not that any non-newyorkers could give a rats ass anyway..) Denver, Indy..These are just AFC teams.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:55 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I think the defensive line situation is a genuine concern and don't blame them for licking their chops a bit. Even the healthy defensive linemen had to play a crap load of snaps against Las Vegas just to get through the game (primarily Hubbard and Hill), and there's no telling how well they're going to be able to rest up for the next battle. The pass rush sans-Hendrickson might be pretty anemic, so his concussion is the single most important detail to sort over the next few days. Khalid Kareem and Cam Sample are going to be so important regardless.

Agree 100%. Reader played a whole lot of snaps Saturday too. We're going to need him to be at his usual best for sure. If Hendrickson makes it back, I'll feel a little better. Hopefully Tupou gets back as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 02:35 AM)kronadon Wrote: We know the feeling. And that was after we drafted jake Elliott and then cut him!!!

That was......stupid.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:11 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Let me guess. Your Bengals friend told you to say **** The Steelers and that’d make you friends on the bengals board?…well he was right lol you sound like my kinda guy! Wish your team woulda beat them this year though. That loss gives me hope for the bengals this week. Any given week though.

I agree, this new dude is ok. Tiger

Reply/Quote
Late week addition:

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/40867-gdt-bengals-titans-return-of-the-king-edition/

Sounds like the injury to Janoris Jenkins might be a big deal pending his status, because Burrow favors the right side of the field as a thrower where Jenkins would normally line up (and the Titans don't tend to shadow receivers). Chase might feast against the backup.
Reply/Quote
Jenkins was back practicing today

Today they are whining about Trey Hendrickson being cleared. They believe there may be some shenanigans going on.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 04:14 PM)pally Wrote: Jenkins was back practicing today

Today they are whining about Trey Hendrickson being cleared.  They believe there may be some shenanigans going on.

I don't think anyone plays around with concussions and the concussion protocol. Other listings on an injury report are worth being skeptical about.
Reply/Quote