Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Threads from the Enemy, divisional playoffs: Titans
They're apparantly worried quite a bit about Burrowz and the "firepower". They have to know tannehill is never going to beat Joey in a shootout.. Not on the best day of his life..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 09:42 PM)grampahol Wrote: They're apparantly worried quite a bit about Burrowz and the "firepower". They have to know tannehill is never going to beat Joey in a shootout.. Not on the best day of his life..

Shootout aside... Tannehill ain't half the QB Joe is. They have a good team, and they're well coached, but I like our chances on Saturday. Borroughs bein' the X factor that he is.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
2nd week in a row where the opposing team thinks they can abuse our O-Line. While yes we have some issues... our QB isn't an idiot. Joey B gets the ball out fast + with the right read.

Titans better hope we don't jump out early.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Titan fans need to remember that while Joe was the most sacked QB in the NFL, Ryan Tannehill was the 2nd most sacked QB. What goes around comes around.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:23 PM)pally Wrote: Titan fans need to remember that while Joe was the most sacked QB in the NFL, Ryan Tannehill was the 2nd most sacked QB.  What goes around comes around.

We just potentially lost basically half our sacks in Hendrickson and Ogbuehi. 

Our hope is likely to outscore them and it's going to need to be with the pass. They're the second best run D in the league and we all know how bad out run game has been lately.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:27 PM)TheFan Wrote: We just potentially lost basically half our sacks in Hendrickson and Ogbuehi. 

Our hope is likely to outscore them and it's going to need to be with the pass. They're the second best run D in the league and we all know how bad out run game has been lately.

Not to mention it doesn't matter who they have running the ball, they seem to always run it effectively. I guess we can at least take solace in DJ Reader being out there.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:27 PM)TheFan Wrote: We just potentially lost basically half our sacks in Hendrickson and Ogbuehi. 

wat
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 07:48 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: "Just pressure Burrow and double Chase" sounds exactly like "just pressure Dalton and double Green" used to sound. Football is never as simple as it looks, Titan lurkers.

Easier said than done.  Burrow's qb rating actually gets better when you blitz him.  Several teams found this out the hard way, and I doubt that the Titans DC is dumb enough not to learn from that.  I hope he is, though.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:51 PM)samhain Wrote: Easier said than done.  Burrow's qb rating actually gets better when you blitz him.  Several teams found this out the hard way, and I doubt that the Titans DC is dumb enough not to learn from that.  I hope he is, though.  

Chiefs KC rolled with single high so they can be stubborn.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Chiefs KC rolled with single high so they can be stubborn.

Yeah Spagnuolo is a great DC, so it surprised me that he kept bringing heat after getting completely roasted all game.  You might get him a time or two, but when the game is over it generally costs a defense more than it helps them.  It's gotta be tempting knowing that the o-line is probably below average by mosts standards.  Everyone knows that the way you stop an explosive passing offense is to cut the head off of the snake.  Unless that passing offense has Joey B at quarterback.  He just stands in there and uses it against you.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: wat

Auto correct lol I literally copied and pasted his name but then it changed it when I hit space. 
Reply/Quote
Hey guys, Titans fan here. Very nice layout for the board as well. Just Here to talk some playoff football with yall. My best friend from high school is a diehard Bengals fan. I'm happy for him and the Bengals finally won a playoff game. Always good too see a smaller market team win some games and get love after being overlooked for so long.

Let's get into the game! Us Titan fans are nervous about Borrow and his wrs. Borrow is one of those guys who has that IT factor that makes him dangerous and having arguably 3 #1 WRs to throw too doesn't make it any better.

This game for us is a must win because we continue to get disrespected week after week despite our accomplishments this year. Most injured players in NFL history, lost Henry for more than half the season. Julio and AJ missing a ton of games, still beat 8 winning teams and made 1st seed. The Titans are weird. The games we should win we make it harder than needed everytime. The games we are told we have no chance are when we rise up and beat those teams. We play to the level of our competition every week.. makes for alot of heart attacks.

So i expect us to come out with a ton of energy knowing we have a good team coming into Nashville. We have arguably the best front 4 ( when heathly ) and can get quick pressure rushing only 4. Which helps us out since we shouldn't have to blitz Borrow, because he shreds blitzes better than anyone. We have a bend but don't break defense so it makes our pass defense look worse than it is. Offensively when Julio and AJ have played together, Ryan Tannehill can deliver you a game where he can win the game. Having Henry back is a huge plus even though I think we use him as a decoy this game. Foreman has shown to pick up the slack and runs pretty tough.

This game will come down to 2 things in my opinion. Who turns the ball over less and 3rd down defense. I expect both offenses to do what they do, us running the ball and using play action and Borrow slinging that Thang all over the field. Whoever turns the ball over is giving the other team extra possessions which you dont want to do for either team. And on those 3rd downs you have to get off the field. Borrow is clutch and surprisingly so is Tannehill.

I respect the Bengals and expect a dog fight either way, ima fan of Borrow and think you guys will be set for the next 15 years with him. Which is good because **** the Steelers and Ravens lol. Love seeing the rat birds miss the playoffs! With that said good luck to yall, I hope no injuries happen. Titan up!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:32 PM)MikeJones561 Wrote: I respect the Bengals and expect a dog fight either way, ima fan of Borrow and think you guys will be set for the next 15 years with him. Which is good because **** the Steelers and Ravens lol. Love seeing the rat birds miss the playoffs! With that said good luck to yall, I hope no injuries happen. Titan up!

The Titans are going to be a load. They've definitely been disrespected in media circles this year, and they earned the hell out of that #1 seed. You're welcome, by the way, for that key Chiefs loss to provide the final boost.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:32 PM)MikeJones561 Wrote: Hey guys, Titans fan here. Very nice layout for the board as well. Just Here to talk some playoff football with yall. My best friend from high school is a diehard Bengals fan. I'm happy for him and the Bengals finally won a playoff game. Always good too see a smaller market team win some games and get love after being overlooked for so long.
t off the field. Borrow is clutch and surprisingly so is Tannehill.

Welcome to the board Mike. Joe
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:35 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The Titans are going to be a load. They've definitely been disrespected in media circles this year, and they earned the hell out of that #1 seed. You're welcome, by the way, for that key Chiefs loss to provide the final boost.  Cool

Lmao. Hey props to you guys. One of the best games of the year too! Much needed and enjoyed Mahomes and company taking that L! Shows the Bengals can hang with the best and can't be counted out with Borrow on the field. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Welcome to the board Mike. Joe

Thanks for having me! We talking playoffs! Best feeling there is!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:41 PM)MikeJones561 Wrote: Thanks for having me! We talking playoffs! Best feeling there is!

Best thing about the AFC right now is that 3 of the 4 teams left have never won a Super Bowl. The only team to really root against IMO is the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:43 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Best thing about the AFC right now is that 3 of the 4 teams left have never won a Super Bowl. The only team to really root against IMO is the Chiefs.

Exactly. If we don't make it I rather see the Bills or yall win their 1st super bowl. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:32 PM)MikeJones561 Wrote: Hey guys, Titans fan here. Very nice layout for the board as well. Just Here to talk some playoff football with yall. My best friend from high school is a diehard Bengals fan. I'm happy for him and the Bengals finally won a playoff game. Always good too see a smaller market team win some games and get love after being overlooked for so long.

Let's get into the game! Us Titan fans are nervous about Borrow and his wrs. Borrow is one of those guys who has that IT factor that makes him dangerous and having arguably 3 #1 WRs to throw too doesn't make it any better.

This game for us is a must win because we continue to get disrespected week after week despite our accomplishments this year. Most injured players in NFL history, lost Henry for more than half the season. Julio and AJ missing a ton of games, still beat 8 winning teams and made 1st seed. The Titans are weird. The games we should win we make it harder than needed everytime. The games we are told we have no chance are when we rise up and beat those teams. We play to the level of our competition every week.. makes for alot of heart attacks.

So i expect us to come out with a ton of energy knowing we have a good team coming into Nashville. We have arguably the best front 4 ( when heathly ) and can get quick pressure rushing only 4. Which helps us out since we shouldn't have to blitz Borrow, because he shreds blitzes better than anyone. We have a bend but don't break defense so it makes our pass defense look worse than it is. Offensively when Julio and AJ have played together, Ryan Tannehill can deliver you a game where he can win the game. Having Henry back is a huge plus even though I think we use him as a decoy this game. Foreman has shown to pick up the slack and runs pretty tough.

This game will come down to 2 things in my opinion. Who turns the ball over less and 3rd down defense. I expect both offenses to do what they do, us running the ball and using play action and Borrow slinging that Thang all over the field. Whoever turns the ball over is giving the other team extra possessions which you dont want to do for either team. And on those 3rd downs you have to get off the field. Borrow is clutch and surprisingly so is Tannehill.

I respect the Bengals and expect a dog fight either way, ima fan of Borrow and think you guys will be set for the next 15 years with him. Which is good because **** the Steelers and Ravens lol. Love seeing the rat birds miss the playoffs! With that said good luck to yall, I hope no injuries happen. Titan up!

Like I told the other Titans fan here. Titans are the #1 seed because they won the games to be the #1 seed. Don’t let the media take it away. They’ll probably spend the pre game talking about why Dallas is one and done.

I don’t have an opinion on the game. Haven’t seen a lot of the Titans this year. From what I can tell the Titans are better in the trenches so advantage Titans. Happy to have gotten the monkey off our back and hoping for a win, but after winning Saturday, I have zero anxiety. I would think the anxiety is definitely on the Titans fans because of what they will hear if they lose. All the told you so’s. So if we lose I’ll be happy for you guys for that and happy for our Buckeye coach of yours.

PS. It’s Burrow

Oh and hating the Rats makes you ok in my book. If it helps I’ve always despised the Colts fans.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Like I told the other Titans fan here. Titans are the #1 seed because they won the games to be the #1 seed. Don’t let the media take it away. They’ll probably spend the pre game talking about why Dallas is one and done.

I don’t have an opinion on the game. Haven’t seen a lot of the Titans this year.  From what I can tell the Titans are better in the trenches so advantage Titans. Happy to have gotten the monkey off our back and hoping for a win, but after winning Saturday, I have zero anxiety. I would think the anxiety is definitely on the Titans fans because of what they will hear if they lose. All the told you so’s. So if we lose I’ll be happy for you guys for that and happy for our Buckeye coach of yours.

PS. It’s Burrow

Oh and hating the Rats makes you ok in my book. If it helps I’ve always despised the Colts fans.

True, that's a very good way to put it about the media. We have been bad for so long that when we finally do get media time it's all hate but well said again. Your right, we just have to handle business or else prove them right lol.

I think we just became friends with the Colts hate haha. Yeah Colts and Ravens are my top 2 hated teams. Their fans are typically loud and ignorant in my experience. I'm cool with some trash talk but anything further just gets annoying. I like to enjoy football with Titan and football fans in general. It's all love! 

Bills fans have been cool to hang with as well. Don't know any Bengal fans besides my best friend so I'd assume you guys are chill too. Never heard anything bad about Bengal fans tbh. 

Borrow is a Beast. You guys enjoy a franchise QB. Loved it when we had McNair. Miss those days. 
Reply/Quote