Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy week 8: Jets
https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/2021-week-8-new-york-jets-vs-cincinnati-bengals.96410/

https://jetsfansunited.com/threads/official-game-thread-bengals-at-jets.20236/

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/157033-the-case-for-drafting-jamarr-chase-at-2-overall/

That last thread is a fun treat: seems a few of them wanted Chase at #2 and are now giving everyone else the I-Told-You-Sos. Poor bastards. I will probably be able to post more links as the week goes on -- understandably fans of struggling teams are more sluggish about looking ahead to the next game. Jets fans are not likely to be enthusiastic about this game for the most part.

We, however, move forward. Baltimore is yesterday. The Jets stand in the way of 6-2.
Reply/Quote
they are not very optimistic are they?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:53 PM)pally Wrote: they are not very optimistic are they?

They're about as optimistic as I suspect this board was during the 2019 season.
Reply/Quote
That last thread has a guy claiming you can get Chase types in every draft.

Good to know, mid as well grab another Chase next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 05:05 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: That last thread has a guy claiming you can get Chase types in every draft.

I wonder if there is a limit to how many Chases you can get.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Pretty sad over there lol
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 05:05 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: That last thread has a guy claiming you can get Chase types in every draft.

Yep.  Every draft has a rookie breaking or on pace to break NFL records.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:53 PM)pally Wrote: they are not very optimistic are they?

They do sound a bit like us:

Quote:Chase would be Mims'd if he was with the Jets.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I mean it reads like our board for the past five years.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Hopkins, Spain and Carman need to come up big this game; 7.5/14 sacks are from the defensive interior (unless they run a 3-4, then it's 9.5/14) and if Mosley comes back (not sure of his status), then plays up the middle may be tough. And of course, they have Marcus Maye, who is arguably the best SS in the league (if you count Adams, then Adams is probably better).

That's pretty much all I can glean from simply looking at the numbers, but of course, there's more to things outside the numbers.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I understand the malaise.
They're in that 2017-18 Lewis period of spinning wheels in mediocrity, since 2011.

I imagine they're hoping they eventually hit on multiple aspects and get good after a decade like the Bills. Regardless, I respect the fans who've stuck around to this point. They're pretty much going through a lost decade, I get it. I get it.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 06:51 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: I understand the malaise.
They're in that 2017-18 Lewis period of spinning wheels in mediocrity, since 2011.

I imagine they're hoping they eventually hit on multiple aspects and get good after a decade like the Bills. Regardless, I respect the fans who've stuck around to this point. They're pretty much going through a lost decade, I get it. I get it.

The thing is I like Saleh, wanted him here when we were shopping for HC's. Surprised they have been this bad this year under him.

Plus Lafleur is a good OC or at least was. I am surprised really. I think it will turn around for them once Zach Wilson is back and 
healthy under these coaches. But not this week damn it. Whatever
Reply/Quote
So the Jets don't understand the Burrow/Chase connection?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 07:11 PM)Interceptor Wrote: So the Jets don't understand the Burrow/Chase connection?

I'm sure the Jets and the vast majority of Jets fans understand perfectly well what threat that presents.

A few of them may want to pooh-pooh things if they were a part of big draft debates months ago between Player A and Player B (e.g. Zach Wilson vs. Ja'Marr Chase).

Sounds familiar.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 07:15 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I'm sure the Jets and the vast majority of Jets fans understand perfectly well what threat that presents.

A few of them may want to pooh-pooh things if they were a part of big draft debates months ago between Player A and Player B (e.g. Zach Wilson vs. Ja'Marr Chase).

Sounds familiar.

No, I mean would Chase still have that same connection with any other QB?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 06:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The thing is I like Saleh, wanted him here when we were shopping for HC's. Surprised they have been this bad this year under him.

Plus Lafleur is a good OC or at least was. I am surprised really. I think it will turn around for them once Zach Wilson is back and 
healthy under these coaches. But not this week damn it. Whatever

I agree. The optimistic part of me wants to think they're tanking by overselling his injury because of how good the Jamal pick's gonna be and they don't want to ruin Zach.
Reply/Quote
Some of you are forgetting that the overwhelming majority here wanted Sewell instead of Chase. Unfortunately we ended up getting some mid-level record breaking superstar receiver.. Getting thrown to by some mid level record breaking superstar QB.. Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
This sounds like us the last 2yrs of Marvin and the first 2 yrs of Zac. For heavens sake, we had people saying the seasons over in the 1st qtr of the first game of the season. LOL

Reply/Quote
Joe Flacco threads!

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/jets-trading-for-joe-flacco.96417/

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/162557-jets-trade-for-flacco/

https://jetsfansunited.com/threads/eagles-are-trading-joe-flacco-to-the-jets.20250/
Reply/Quote
I remember back in 2009 the Jets beat us in the playoffs.  Then sometime after that, I remember a game with Marvin Lewis and Rex Ryan, where we put 50 points on them.  I think Marvin Jones had four touchdowns in that game.  I remember that famous Jets fireman fan, but I think he quit being a fan at some point.
Reply/Quote