Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Threads from the Enemy, wild card playoffs: Raiders
(01-11-2022, 05:35 PM)NTS_Raider Wrote: Jersey! We're worldwide. It's weird, growing up around here I saw Raiders flags and bumper stickers everywhere. I'm not much of a gambler though. I rarely win LMAO

Welcome to the neighborhood - both forum and state!  Smirk
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 10:26 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I never knew the Stoner Stanley meme came from a gif…

See there, now you know.
[Image: 4BQk7zj.gif?noredirect]

[Image: 200.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
well, I figured I would join the party since some of you guys are reading our stuff. I am an old school fan, and watched our 1975 playoff game. Wanted to say hi and all that. Yes we get to say f*** all the time which makes me as badass as you can imagine lol. Ignore Ivan, he is a whackadoodle but the rest of us are pretty laid back. Love Cinci, been there more than a few times. Wish I could make the game but hoping if the chips fall just right I get to host a tailgate down here in Nashville the next week.

Good luck, well, sorta....you know, none of us really want to wish you guys good luck. I will be lurking and posting leading up to the game. Do not ban me, I am just a fan who likes talking football with football fans.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 09:18 AM)attyla Wrote: well, I figured I would join the party since some of you guys are reading our stuff.  I am an old school fan, and watched our 1975 playoff game.  Wanted to say hi and all that.  Yes we get to say f*** all the time which makes me as badass as you can imagine lol.  Ignore Ivan, he is a whackadoodle but the rest of us are pretty laid back.  Love Cinci, been there more than a few times.  Wish I could make the game but hoping if the chips fall just right I get to host a tailgate down here in Nashville the next week.

Good luck, well, sorta....you know, none of us really want to wish you guys good luck.  I will be lurking and posting leading up to the game.  Do not ban me, I am just a fan who likes talking football with football fans.

Welcome to the forum! Remember, some of us our sincerely sorry for ruining Bo Jackson. Sorta good luck to your fandom as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 10:03 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Welcome to the forum! Remember, some of us our sincerely sorry for ruining Bo Jackson. Sorta good luck to your fandom as well.

it was a dark day.  Steve Smith did his best to pick up the slack but we were wrecked that day.  Thank you for the welcome.

Other than our game, I have not watched another game you guys played, how is Burrows' knee holding up?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 10:05 AM)attyla Wrote: it was a dark day.  Steve Smith did his best to pick up the slack but we were wrecked that day.  Thank you for the welcome.

Other than our game, I have not watched another game you guys played, how is Burrows' knee holding up?

It's holding up. To start the season, you could notice a lack of mobility and maybe even some hesitation but lately he's moving around pretty good in the pocket and making defenders miss. I assume he's learned what he can and cannot do with the knee injury on the field.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 10:05 AM)attyla Wrote: it was a dark day.  Steve Smith did his best to pick up the slack but we were wrecked that day.  Thank you for the welcome.

"We could rebuild him. We had the technology. We made him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster"

Actually, he did come back from his therapies with more core strength and has a better long ball than he did before the injury.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 09:18 AM)attyla Wrote: well, I figured I would join the party since some of you guys are reading our stuff.  I am an old school fan, and watched our 1975 playoff game.  Wanted to say hi and all that.  Yes we get to say f*** all the time which makes me as badass as you can imagine lol.  Ignore Ivan, he is a whackadoodle but the rest of us are pretty laid back.  Love Cinci, been there more than a few times.  Wish I could make the game but hoping if the chips fall just right I get to host a tailgate down here in Nashville the next week.

Good luck, well, sorta....you know, none of us really want to wish you guys good luck.  I will be lurking and posting leading up to the game.  Do not ban me, I am just a fan who likes talking football with football fans.

Welcome to the boards and to the city! It's not the best time of the year to visit Cincinnati, but the area between the Bengals and Reds stadiums should still have a bunch going on from Friday through Sunday. There is a lot of tailgating to be found down there on gameday, and the majority of people are gonna be friendly to you. There are some good bars and restaurants at the Banks, but north of Second St, is where the real good stuff is. 

Hopefully you enjoy the game, but leave disappointed. If the Bengals and Raiders weren't playing, I think most here would be rooting for you. I want to see some success from the teams that haven't been big factors in the last few decades, and you guys play that part about as well as we do. Hopefully, next year, this game can happen after the first round. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 10:40 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Welcome to the boards and to the city! It's not the best time of the year to visit Cincinnati, but the area between the Bengals and Reds stadiums should still have a bunch going on from Friday through Sunday. There is a lot of tailgating to be found down there on gameday, and the majority of people are gonna be friendly to you. There are some good bars and restaurants at the Banks, but north of Second St, is where the real good stuff is. 

Hopefully you enjoy the game, but leave disappointed. If the Bengals and Raiders weren't playing, I think most here would be rooting for you. I want to see some success from the teams that haven't been big factors in the last few decades, and you guys play that part about as well as we do. Hopefully, next year, this game can happen after the first round. 

Thank you sir.  I know the league is better when the Raiders are good.  The evil character is always the most interesting in any story.  Just kinda wish Madden and Wyche were around to see it.  Both guys loved the game like few others.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 10:54 AM)attyla Wrote: Thank you sir.  I know the league is better when the Raiders are good.  The evil character is always the most interesting in any story.  Just kinda wish Madden and Wyche were around to see it.  Both guys loved the game like few others.

I like your perspective. I'm hopeful the Bengals become NFL villians. I want to see Burrow smoking cigars and dancing in the locker room after winning Super Bowls and for that to cause other fans to loathe him as they rage on their chosen forums & social media. 

Regarding Carr, do Raiders fans think he's actually good enough to win a Super Bowl? He gives me Andy Dalton-vibes: a product of a pass happy & QB friendly era, but not elite enough to win it all.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 10:59 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I like your perspective. I'm hopeful the Bengals become NFL villians. I want to see Burrow smoking cigars and dancing in the locker room after winning Super Bowls and for that to cause other fans to loathe him as they rage on their chosen forums & social media. 

Regarding Carr, do Raiders fans think he's actually good enough to win a Super Bowl? He gives me Andy Dalton-vibes: a product of a pass happy & QB friendly era, but not elite enough to win it all.

Carr drives me crazy.  I do not get the guy at all.  Can make all the throws but his field awareness is horrible.  Andy Dalton is a good comparison.  I don't know, we got Waller and Renfrow in the middle of that field and when he squares up on them we are hard to stop.  Our wings are mediocre at best and our RB is brittle.  Defensively, we do not get many turnovers but Crosby is about as disruptive in the passing game as you can hope for.  I am not going to say we cannot win it all, it is the second season and anything is possible coughgiantscough.  I don't think we are on that level, we tend to play down to our competition.  But after this cra cra season we just went through, I am not making any predictions.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 11:12 AM)attyla Wrote: Carr drives me crazy.  I do not get the guy at all.  Can make all the throws but his field awareness is horrible.  Andy Dalton is a good comparison.  I don't know, we got Waller and Renfrow in the middle of that field and when he squares up on them we are hard to stop.  Our wings are mediocre at best and our RB is brittle.  Defensively, we do not get many turnovers but Crosby is about as disruptive in the passing game as you can hope for.  I am not going to say we cannot win it all, it is the second season and anything is possible coughgiantscough.  I don't think we are on that level, we tend to play down to our competition.  But after this cra cra season we just went through, I am not making any predictions.

Waller still banged up? Dude let me down on my fantasy team this year haha.

Renfrow scares me this week because I think the Raiders are good about disguising his routes. Defenses can't anticipate what he's going to do. I think if the Raiders win, then Renfrow had one hell of a game.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 11:27 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Waller still banged up? Dude let me down on my fantasy team this year haha.

Renfrow scares me this week because I think the Raiders are good about disguising his routes. Defenses can't anticipate what he's going to do. I think if the Raiders win, then Renfrow had one hell of a game.

Waller is back.  Hard to tell if he is still dinged up but he played last week.  No homeruns but he was out there.

Zay Jones is our deep threat but he could not track a deep ball if his life depended on it.
Reply/Quote
one of you guys drop a 50K on your guys?
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-betting-someone-has-1-million-riding-on-the-bengals-to-win-the-super-bowl-231729458.html
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 10:05 AM)attyla Wrote:  how is Burrows' knee holding up?

Did ... did you just threaten Joe Burrow?  Nervous

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 05:30 PM)NTS_Raider Wrote: Great post, loads of good info here. I felt like the Raiders had a similar thing going before Ruggs threw his life away. Still disgusted with that situation, but there's nowhere to go but forward. The Raiders need all 3 of our weapons; Waller, Renfrow, and Jacobs, to play to their potential in order for us to have a shot. Waller has been sidelined for close to a month, and didn't look good last week. It's a big concern. Jacobs is getting going at the right time, and is easily the most important of the three. When Gruden was here, the offense ran through Jacobs. We got away from him a bit before all the adversity happened, his YPC dropped, he struggled to find running lanes, and we had better options. Now without better options, we have to force feed him, and it seems to be working. Even with his bruised ribs. 

Moerlein is definitely a spot I intend to hit up, it's a stones throw from where I'm staying. The boathouse on the Ohio looks sick! I'm going to try to make it there. Thanks dude!

No Problem!  Welcome to the "'Nati"!
Reply/Quote
The winning team will be the one that finally figures out at what point snot loses enough moisture content and officially becomes the all illusive booger.. 
GO BOOGER RESEARCHERS! Sounds like a great team mascot, huh?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 11:54 AM)attyla Wrote: one of you guys drop a 50K on your guys?
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-betting-someone-has-1-million-riding-on-the-bengals-to-win-the-super-bowl-231729458.html

Not me. Last 50k I spent was for "snacks".
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 01:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Did ... did you just threaten Joe Burrow?  Nervous

Ninja

I did not but I know a guy for the right price....lol
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 01:56 PM)attyla Wrote: I did not but I know a guy for the right price....lol

Mods, ban this guy!  Cool Hilarious
Reply/Quote