Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three US soldiers killed and up to 34 injured in drone attack.
(02-06-2024, 11:10 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to @#$% things up".

"I think he (Joe Biden) has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.”

Seems to me the ME conflict was almost non-existent when Biden took over.  

Since Biden took over I'm down 600-800 a month.  At this point I see no one on either side doing anything that isn't politically calculated.

The question of "Does this help America and her legal citizens?" should be asked before every policy/bill that is created/put forward.  America and her legal citizens first and foremost.  Once we are out of debt and have a balanced budget then we can look at helping others.

I don't understand how you are "down 600-800 a month" in some way that is specifically due to Biden, unless maybe you
were working for Trump part-time and he laid you off after the he lost the election.

And the ME conflict has been going strong since '47.  Trump destroyed the Iran Deal and created a diplomacy vacuum China has been filling.
His support for Israel's annexation of the Golan may be one of the primary movers for the Gaza war.

I do think the question of "does this help America and her legal citizens?" is asked before every policy is put forward. But a lot of people in
policy positions before the MAGA era understood something called "the national interest" and that it sometimes involved settling disputes
and keeping trade routes open and maintaining the alliances to do that.  People who miss the international system which empowers
the US, in large part through its alliances, just see foreign aid as handouts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 04:57 PM)pally Wrote: Your 401K should be up significantly....

Considering the state of the worldwide economy in Jan 2021, and the worldwide pandemic rebound inflation fueled by massive levels of profit taking, specifically, which of Joe Biden's economic policies is driving your financial deficit?  and what policy should have been in place to prevent it?

Can I trade that for 600-800 a month?

I don't have a lot in my 401k, so 600-800 a month back in my account is WAY, WAY WAAAAAAAY more then what my 401k would make.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 10:00 PM)Dill Wrote: I don't understand how you are "down 600-800 a month" in some way that is specifically due to Biden, unless maybe you
were working for Trump part-time and he laid you off after the he lost the election.

And the ME conflict has been going strong since '47.  Trump destroyed the Iran Deal and created a diplomacy vacuum China has been filling.
His support for Israel's annexation of the Golan may be one of the primary movers for the Gaza war.

I do think the question of "does this help America and her legal citizens?" is asked before every policy is put forward. But a lot of people in
policy positions before the MAGA era understood something called "the national interest" and that it sometimes involved settling disputes
and keeping trade routes open and maintaining the alliances to do that.  People who miss the international system which empowers
the US, in large part through its alliances, just see foreign aid as handouts.

Any understanding of the tax break P01135809 gave "everyone" would explain it.  The part that covered the middle class expired.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-era-tax-cuts-expiring-164634378.html

Quote:Trump-Era Tax Cuts Are Expiring: 4 Ways This Impacts Average Wage Earners

Josephine Nesbit
Tue, Feb 6, 2024, 11:53 AM EST2 min read

[/url]

[Image: cdc0e2fe4836fe348bf72e96ee48be6e]
ALLISON DINNER / EPA-EFE / Shutterstock.com
As we [url=https://www.gobankingrates.com/category/taxes/?utm_term=incontent_link_1&utm_campaign=1260551&utm_source=yahoo.com&utm_content=1&utm_medium=rss]head into tax filing season
, many Americans have already noticed that they’re paying more in taxes than in previous years, while others have received lower refund checks from the IRS. While many Trump-era tax cuts are due to expire by the end of 2025, some other changes have already taken effect for average wage earners.

See: Trump-Era Tax Cuts Are Expiring — How Changes Will Impact Retirees

Enacted by former President Donald Trump in 2017, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) completely overhauled the nation’s tax code, reducing five of seven tax brackets and nearly doubling the size of the standard deduction. According to H&R Block, the average tax reduction was $1,200 based on returns the company processed in 2018. However, after 2025, millions of taxpayers could face steeper levies if this law isn’t extended.

Read: Billionaires vs. the Middle Class: Who Pays More in Taxes?

Individuals Will Likely Pay More if Trump-Era Tax Cuts Aren’t Extended

Individual income tax brackets will revert to 2017 levels, increasing anywhere between 1% to 4% for many Americans, Fox Business reported.

The standard deduction will also be cut roughly in half, which will be $6,350 for single filers and $12,700 for those filing married and jointly, both indexed for inflation, according to the Cato Institute. For 2024, the standard deductions are $14,600 for single filers and $29,200 for married taxpayers filing jointly.

The personal exemption of $5,300 will return, but the child tax credit will also be reduced from $2,000 per qualifying child to $1,000. The $500 credit for other dependents will disappear.

It’s unknown whether any of the TCJA provisions will be extended or modified, and as we head into the 2024 primary season, President Biden and Republicans vying for the 2024 presidential nomination have yet to come forward with tax proposals.

According to CNN, all candidates want to extend at least some of the measures in the 2027 TCJA. The individual income tax provisions will be a top priority for whoever wins the November election.

Investment advisor Patrick Donnelly told the Daily Mail that people must start thinking strategically about a tax strategy between now and 2026. “I try to make sure clients aren’t going to be kicking themselves in 2026 because they didn’t take advantage of these incredibly favorable tax rates when they had the chance.”

This article originally appeared on GOBankingRates.comTrump-Era Tax Cuts Are Expiring: 4 Ways This Impacts Average Wage Earners
[/url]
More: 
https://www.investopedia.com/taxes/trumps-tax-reform-plan-explained/

Quote:The law cut [url=https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/corporatetax.asp]corporate tax rates permanently and individual tax rates temporarily. It permanently removed the individual mandate—a key provision of the Affordable Care Act—which was likely to raise insurance premiums and significantly reduce the number of people with coverage.8 The highest earners were expected to benefit most from the law, while the lowest earners were believed to pay more in taxes once most individual tax provisions expire after 2025.

Personal Taxes
Income Tax Rates
The law retained the old structure of seven individual income tax brackets, but in most cases, it lowered the rates. The top rate fell from 39.6% to 37%, while the 33% bracket dropped to 32%, the 28% bracket to 24%, the 25% bracket to 22%, and the 15% bracket to 12%. The lowest bracket remained at 10%, and the 35% bracket was also unchanged.3
U.S. Congress. "H.R.1 - An Act To Provide for Reconciliation Pursuant to Titles II and V of the Concurrent Resolution on the Budget for Fiscal Year 2018."
 The income bands that the new rates applied to are lower, compared to 2018 brackets under current law, for the five highest brackets.

The changes are temporary, expiring after 2025, as is the case with most personal tax breaks included in the law. The expiration date allowed the Senate to comply with reconciliation rules that block a Democratic filibuster—which Republicans did not have the votes to defeat—only if the law does not raise the deficit in any year outside of a 10-year window and if it stays within its $1.5 trillion budget constraint during the 10-year window.910 As noted, Republican congressional leaders signaled that individual tax cuts could be extended at a later date.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
F around and find out.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68235311

A senior commander of an Iran-backed militia has been killed in a US drone strike in Baghdad.
A leader of Kataib Hezbollah and two of his guards were in a vehicle when it was targeted in the east of the Iraqi capital. All three of them died.
The Pentagon said the commander was responsible for directing attacks on American forces in the region.
Reply/Quote