Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three militia members accused of bomb plot targeting Somali immigrants
I'm gone for five days and no one is talking about the three, white, Christian, Trump supporter, militia men?

For shame!

Cool

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/15/three-militia-members-accused-bomb-plot-targeting-somali-immigrants.html

Quote:Three members of a Kansas militia group were charged Friday with plotting to bomb an apartment complex that's home to Somali immigrants in the western Kansas meatpacking town of Garden City, a thwarted attack prosecutors say was planned for the day after the November election.

The arrests were the culmination of an eight-month FBI investigation that took agents "deep into a hidden culture of hatred and violence," Acting U.S. Attorney Tom Beall said.

A complaint unsealed Friday charges Curtis Wayne Allen, 49; Patrick Eugene Stein, 47; and Gavin Wayne Wright, 49, with conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction. Their first court appearance is Monday.

Prosecutors said the men don't yet have attorneys. Publicly listed phone numbers for the men couldn't immediately be found.

The men are members of a small militia group that calls itself "the Crusaders," and whose members espouse sovereign citizen, anti-government, anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant extremist beliefs, according to the complaint.

The complaint alleges group members chose the target based on their hatred for Muslims, people of Somali descent and immigrants -- and out of a desire to inspire other militia groups and "wake people up."

The FBI began a domestic terrorism investigation of the group in February, and a confidential source attended its meetings in southwestern Kansas.

In a June meeting, Stein brought up the Orlando nightclub shooting, and proposed carrying out a similar attack against Muslim refugees in Garden City, according to the complaint.

They ultimately decided to target the apartment complex because of the number of Somalis who lived there and the fact that one of the apartments was used as a mosque. The complex houses about 120 Somali residents, Beall said.

The complaint said that Stein discussed the explosives used in the 1995 bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City by Timothy McVeigh.

The men, who were arrested in Liberal on Friday morning, performed surveillance of the apartment building and prepared a manifesto, Beall said.

In a profanity-laced conference call that law enforcement monitored, Stein said the only way "this country's ever going to get turned around is it will be a bloodbath," according to the complaint.

If convicted, the men could be sentenced to up to life in federal prison without parole.

Heidi Beirich, director of the Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Project, called the details of the plot disturbing, saying it "should serve as a warning to those who traffic in the politics of fear and bigotry."

Garden City is home to a Tyson Foods beef slaughterhouse that has drawn a diverse immigrant population to the area.

Dr. John Birky, a physician who's helping to create a clinic and working with refugees on a language program, said some local residents fear the refugees, mistakenly associating them with militants in Somalia.

"People do express more of a general sentiment of, `Why are we letting these refugees in here? Why are we? They're taking our jobs, plus they're Muslim,"' he said.

Birky said between 300 and 500 Somali refugees live in the area. The state Department for Children and Families said that of the 906 refugees who arrived in Kansas from October 2014 through January 2016, 68 were from Somalia, or 7.5 percent.

Garden City Mayor Chris Law said in a statement that he was shocked by the planned attack, and Birky called it "crazy."

Birky said most are fleeing militants in Somalia and want to assimilate once they reach Kansas.

"They're trying to make a better life for their families here," he said. "They want to pursue the American dream."

Friday's arrests and charges prompted the Council on American-Islamic Relations to call on state and federal law enforcement agencies across the nation to increase protection for mosques and other Islamic institutions. The group also cited reports of threats against a Michigan center and anti-Muslim graffiti at a New Jersey mosque.

"We ask our nation's political leaders, and particularly political candidates, to reject the growing Islamophobia in our nation," Nihad Awad, the group's national executive director, said in a statement.

The case is the latest involving militia groups in the state. Earlier this year, a planned armed protest outside a Wichita mosque prompted the Islamic Society of Wichita to cancel an appearance by a speaker whom protesters believed supported terrorism.

The Justice Department's National Security Division created a new position a year ago to help coordinate investigations into violent homegrown extremism, like the one that resulted in the three arrests.

When does the "extreme vetting" of these terrorists begin?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
The Turner Diaries continue to inspire our Brownshirts.

Thanks for posting, Dino. I am wondering if there might be others out there ready to "liberate" the U.S. from
the will of the majority after Nov. 8.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-16-2016, 05:53 PM)Dill Wrote: The Turner Diaries continue to inspire our Brownshirts.

Thanks for posting, Dino.  I am wondering if there might be others out there ready to "liberate" the U.S. from
the will of the majority after Nov. 8.

Well after almost a week you'd think one of the people around here who want to make America great again would be concerned about this.

I wonder why they aren't?

[Image: CVHSApRUYAMMZy7.jpg]
I haven't bothered posting things like this. I did find it interesting the mental gymnastics being used to not call them terrorists. But, you know, I didn't feel like getting into that argument again.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-16-2016, 08:55 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I haven't bothered posting things like this. I did find it interesting the mental gymnastics being used to not call them terrorists. But, you know, I didn't feel like getting into that argument again.

Oh, if the facts in the OP are accurate; that is most definitely terrorism. Not really sure who could dispute that. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-16-2016, 07:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well after almost a week you'd think one of the people around here who want to make America great again would be concerned about this.

Difficulty deciding which side to come down on?
(10-16-2016, 10:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, if the facts in the OP are accurate; that is most definitely terrorism. Not really sure who could dispute that. 

IIRC, a CNN reporter. I never really looked deeply into it, but I saw a lot on Twitter of people sharing this woman saying that terrorism law was only for foreign terrorism. There were apparently a couple of others as well.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-16-2016, 07:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well after almost a week you'd think one of the people around here who want to make America great again would be concerned about this.

I'll respond, not because I'm one of those people you mention, but, as always, to point out why your assumptions are wrong.

If people aren't concerned about this it's because it's a one off event by deranged individuals not connected to any larger organization.  This, in itself, explains why similar acts conspired or committed by islamic extremists receives more attention, because only one of the three qualifiers I just mentioned apply.  There will always be oddball, extremist and violent people in any society.  We live in the third most populated nation on Earth, it would be surprising if things like this did not happen.  If we started a thread every time there was a gang related homicide we'd have nothing but pages of threads about it.  There was just a "mass shooting" (what the media now likes to call a gang related gunfight) in Los Angeles last week.  Where's the thread on that?  

If you're going to be concerned maybe be concerned with gang violence?  You know the factor that accounts for the majority of gun related homicides in this country.  The fact that you're apparently unconcerned about that, using your well thought out criteria that not making a thread equals not caring about something, should be far more disconcerting than "our" apparent lack of concern over three crazy white dudes.
(10-17-2016, 11:27 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll respond, not because I'm one of those people you mention, but, as always, to point out why your assumptions are wrong.

If people aren't concerned about this it's because it's a one off event by deranged individuals not connected to any larger organization.  This, in itself, explains why similar acts conspired or committed by islamic extremists receives more attention, because only one of the three qualifiers I just mentioned apply.  There will always be oddball, extremist and violent people in any society.  We live in the third most populated nation on Earth, it would be surprising if things like this did not happen.  If we started a thread every time there was a gang related homicide we'd have nothing but pages of threads about it.  There was just a "mass shooting" (what the media now likes to call a gang related gunfight) in Los Angeles last week.  Where's the thread on that?  

If you're going to be concerned maybe be concerned with gang violence?  You know the factor that accounts for the majority of gun related homicides in this country.  The fact that you're apparently unconcerned about that, using your well thought out criteria that not making a thread equals not caring about something, should be far more disconcerting than "our" apparent lack of concern over three crazy white dudes.

Yes....a "one off".

We can in no way tie this kind of thing to any group.

Exactly.

Folks here never post about an individual act (like an immigrant killing or raping someone) and tie it to groups even if the group isn't responsible.

Thanks.

Mellow

Edit: Since you were not one of those people I was talking about, and you responded anyway, does that mean I'm in your head too? Can we just call the rent even? Mellow
(10-17-2016, 12:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes....a "one off".

We can in no way tie this kind of thing to any group.

Exactly.

Folks here never post about an individual act (like an immigrant killing or raping someone) and tie it to groups even if the group isn't responsible.

Thanks.

You're welcome.  Quite a different thing to point out an illegal immigrant killing someone as evidence that illegal immigration should be curbed or ceased.  In this instance who are you trying to implicate?  As for your assertion if you don't believe it should be done why did you just do it?

Quote:Edit:  Since you were not one of those people I was talking about, and you responded anyway, does that mean I'm in your head too?  Can we just call the rent even?  Mellow

Sorry, no.  I responded to a post you made that I disagreed with.  You mentioned my name in a thread I had nothing to do with.  Even someone as clearly obsessed with me as you seem to be should be able to discern a difference.

BTW, you're always the one complaining about others not advancing the discussion, why did you just indulge in behavior you claim to dislike?
[/quote]
For starters, they got caught, so apparently they were properly "vetted".
(10-17-2016, 05:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're welcome.  Quite a different thing to point out an illegal immigrant killing someone as evidence that illegal immigration should be curbed or ceased.  In this instance who are you trying to implicate?  As for your assertion if you don't believe it should be done why did you just do it?

Sorry, no.  I responded to a post you made that I disagreed with.  You mentioned my name in a thread I had nothing to do with.  Even someone as clearly obsessed with me as you seem to be should be able to discern a difference.

BTW, you're always the one complaining about others not advancing the discussion, why did you just indulge in behavior you claim to dislike?

Interesting. 

My response was directly in response to your quote.

As to the rest...thanks (again) for telling me you're right and I'm wrong (again).

Glad you are following me around or I'd never know you're here.

Hope you're not having a bad day (again).  ThumbsUp
(10-17-2016, 07:43 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: For starters, they got caught, so apparently they were properly "vetted".

Wrong.

If there were properly vetted we'd have stopped them from being here.

"Extreme vetting" is the only way to stop bad people.  Trump told me so.

Without it people might be here doing bad things.  Bigly bad things.
The only way to stop a terrorist is to terrorist the potential terrorists before they can terrorist! TERRORISTS!!

'MURICA!!
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(10-17-2016, 11:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: Interesting. 

My response was directly in response to your quote.

As to the rest...thanks (again) for telling me you're right and I'm wrong (again).

Glad you are following me around or I'd never know you're here.

Hope you're not having a bad day (again).  ThumbsUp

Deflection is a desperate tactic.  Especially when it's so obviously used.  
(10-18-2016, 12:19 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Deflection is a desperate tactic.  Especially when it's so obviously used.  

And da Nile ain't just a river...

Have a great day!
Yes it would have been terrorism. They were caught and nothing happened. Not going to get the same attention. At least Hillary will be happy that it's white people this time.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Anybody heard any news about Somali immigrants lately?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-28-2016, 05:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody heard any news about Somali immigrants lately?

Ninja
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-28-2016, 05:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody heard any news about Somali immigrants lately?

So... bombing of churches should be ok since someone from Somalia attacked students at OSU?