Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday Night Football Experience
So this is my second ever post on the Bengals Board but I've been a long time visitor of Jungle Noise and have been coming to this site since its inception. I want to share the terrible experience I had Thursday night at Paul Brown Stadium during the Browns game because it is something that was unacceptable and nothing I've ever seen before or do I hope to ever see it again.

First off, I'm no amateur when it comes to to attending Bengals games. I haven't missed a home game since 2009 and have been a season ticket holder since 2011 in section 248. I even traveled to Pittsburgh to watch Josh Brown kick the game winning field goal in 2012 to vault the Bengals into the playoffs for the second straight season. I have seen a lot of things both good and bad in PBS but what I saw Thursday was an embarrassment to all Bengals fans.

When I arrived at my seat in 248 I see there are two browns fans sitting in the seats to my left. Great, Browns fans usually are drunk idiots who are rude and rub every play in your face. Fortunately for me, these guys were pretty cool and said they don't really expect to win but travel to an away Browns game every year. But, unfortunately for these Browns fans it was amateur hour in PBS and there were 4 50 year old drunk idiots 2 rows ahead who don't know how to handle their alcohol or act in public.

These 4 older men, I'd say in their late 40s early 50s would turn around after every Bengals play and every Browns mishap to rub it in these Browns fans faces. They would point, laugh, flip them off, cuss at them, tell them how bad Cleveland sucked, they even found a towel that said something along the lines of "Cleveland sucks, Pittsburgh swallows" and held it in front of their faces. This happened almost every single play. It was getting to the point of excessive harassment.

I told the Browns fans, who were pretty friendly, to just ignore them or call the Jerk line. He responded that he wasn't a snitch. Whatever. To each his own I suppose. But as the game went on it got worse and the heckling became more intense. I started to get extremely annoyed as well as the other fans around me. The usher was made aware of how bad it was getting (heavy set usher with gray hair and gray goatee in 248) and all he would do is point at the Bengals fans which did nothing. He didn't come down and tell them to stop. He didn't bring over security to give them a warning. He did nothing.

Eventually the fans became annoyed enough to just leave the game(it was basically over anyways) but when the Browns fans were leaving the old man said "See you later *****. You better hope I don't see you outside of this stadium" and him and his loser friends were all flipping them off. The browns fan had enough and hopped over the seat and grabbed the heckling Bengals fan. Again, the usher does nothing and the fight had to be broken up by other fans. The Browns fans eventually leave. It completely ruined my time. I didn't feel like cheering or celebrating big plays because I was just so annoyed with how Bengals fans were treating these people.

What made me extremely upset about this situation is that people think its acceptable to treat someone else like shit because they root for a different team. Yes, if you go to an opposing teams stadium wearing the opposing teams gear you should expect some prodding from other fans. I've been to Pittsburgh wearing a Bengals jersey. Everyone was extremely friendly and respectful but there were some "Bengals suck" comments thrown our way.

After they left, these 4 guys sat and laughed about it the entire time, other Bengals fans were coming up and giving them high fives. All while I sat there just waiting for security to come and eject these drunks. Nope. They never showed. I couldn't believe it. These degenerates got to sit there and enjoy the rest of the game while they made it hell for other fans who paid good money for those seats. This is unacceptable and embarrassing for Bengals fans. We were recently ranked the "Most Sober" of all fan bases. This sure didn't show on Thursday.

After the clock hit 0:00 and it was time to leave, I was so bothered I asked the usher why he didn't eject the drunkards. His response: "I don't have the power to eject anyone and I didn't want to put myself in harms way"... Wow, again, Unacceptable.

Everyone in that stadium knew that Cleveland sucks. The Cleveland fans knew it, Bengals fans knew it, the players all probably knew it as well. But this type of behavior should not be tolerated nor should other Bengals fans be happy when this kind of stuff happens. I've already written to the Bengals via a survey they sent out but I will likely be emailing them with a complaint as well.

I actually have a picture of the bullies that I will upload later just in case someone knows who they are but I want to end this post with this: If you can't handle your alcohol or plan on acting like an idiot in PBS, please stay home and troll the opposing teams message board or something. You are ruining someone elses time with your actions and those tickets aren't cheap. And if someone knows who these guys are after I upload the picture(or if the person is reading this) I want you to know that you both embarrassed yourself and all of Bengals Nation.

Long post I know, just had to get it out there. WHO DEY!
Reply/Quote
First off, welcome aboard! I know that you said that you are generally a lurker, and it is sad that it took behavior of that magnitude to move you to post about it. However, I for one, am glad that you did share your experience. I'm sure that sort of behavior does not represent the fan base, as a whole. Had you not came forward with your story, many others would still be unaware of the problem.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 08:11 PM)DatdudeTE Wrote: So this is my second ever post on the Bengals Board but I've been a long time visitor of Jungle Noise and have been coming to this site since its inception. I want to share the terrible experience I had Thursday night at Paul Brown Stadium during the Browns game because it is something that was unacceptable and nothing I've ever seen before or do I hope to ever see it again.

First off, I'm no amateur when it comes to to attending Bengals games. I haven't missed a home game since 2009 and have been a season ticket holder since 2011 in section 248. I even traveled to Pittsburgh to watch Josh Brown kick the game winning field goal in 2012 to vault the Bengals into the playoffs for the second straight season.   I have seen a lot of things both good and bad in PBS but what I saw Thursday was an embarrassment to all Bengals fans.

When I arrived at my seat in 248 I see there are two browns fans sitting in the seats to my left. Great, Browns fans usually are drunk idiots who are rude and rub every play in your face. Fortunately for me, these guys were pretty cool and said they don't really expect to win but travel to an away Browns game every year. But, unfortunately for these Browns fans it was amateur hour in PBS and there were 4 50 year old drunk idiots 2 rows ahead who don't know how to handle their alcohol or act in public.

These 4 older men, I'd say in their late 40s early 50s would turn around after every Bengals play and every Browns mishap to rub it in these Browns fans faces. They would point, laugh, flip them off, cuss at them, tell them how bad Cleveland sucked, they even found a towel that said something along the lines of "Cleveland sucks, Pittsburgh swallows" and held it in front of their faces. This happened almost every single play. It was getting to the point of excessive harassment.

I told the Browns fans, who were pretty friendly, to just ignore them or call the Jerk line. He responded that he wasn't a snitch. Whatever. To each his own I suppose. But as the game went on it got worse and the heckling became more intense. I started to get extremely annoyed as well as the other fans around me. The usher was made aware of how bad it was getting (heavy set usher with gray hair and gray goatee in 248) and all he would do is point at the Bengals fans which did nothing. He didn't come down and tell them to stop. He didn't bring over security to give them a warning. He did nothing.

Eventually the fans became annoyed enough to just leave the game(it was basically over anyways) but when the Browns fans were leaving the old man said "See you later *****. You better hope I don't see you outside of this stadium" and him and his loser friends were all flipping them off. The browns fan had enough and hopped over the seat and grabbed the heckling Bengals fan. Again, the usher does nothing and the fight had to be broken up by other fans. The Browns fans eventually leave. It completely ruined my time. I didn't feel like cheering or celebrating big plays because I was just so annoyed with how Bengals fans were treating these people.

What made me extremely upset about this situation is that people think its acceptable to treat someone else like shit because they root for a different team. Yes, if you go to an opposing teams stadium wearing the opposing teams gear you should expect some prodding from other fans. I've been to Pittsburgh wearing a Bengals jersey. Everyone was extremely friendly and respectful but there were some "Bengals suck" comments thrown our way.

After they left, these 4 guys sat and laughed about it the entire time, other Bengals fans were coming up and giving them high fives. All while I sat there just waiting for security to come and eject these drunks. Nope. They never showed. I couldn't believe it. These degenerates got to sit there and enjoy the rest of the game while they made it hell for other fans who paid good money for those seats. This is unacceptable and embarrassing for Bengals fans. We were recently ranked the "Most Sober" of all fan bases. This sure didn't show on Thursday.

After the clock hit 0:00 and it was time to leave, I was so bothered I asked the usher why he didn't eject the drunkards. His response: "I don't have the power to eject anyone and I didn't want to put myself in harms way"... Wow, again, Unacceptable.

Everyone in that stadium knew that Cleveland sucks. The Cleveland fans knew it, Bengals fans knew it, the players all probably knew it as well. But this type of behavior should not be tolerated nor should other Bengals fans be happy when this kind of stuff happens. I've already written to the Bengals via a survey they sent out but I will likely be emailing them with a complaint as well.

I actually have a picture of the bullies that I will upload later just in case someone knows who they are but I want to end this post with this: If you can't handle your alcohol or plan on acting like an idiot in PBS, please stay home and troll the opposing teams message board or something. You are ruining someone elses time with your actions and those tickets aren't cheap. And if someone knows who these guys are after I upload the picture(or if the person is reading this) I want you to know that you both embarrassed yourself and all of Bengals Nation.

Long post I know, just had to get it out there. WHO DEY!

I had something similar but not quite as bad at the Steelers Monday night game in '13. After the game was over--my nephew was wearing a Steelers bumblebee jersey--two drunk Bengals fans were popping off at the mouth. The thing was, what they were saying was funny and we all laughed. So we're walking up downtown heading to the car and i happen to turn around and see these two guys right behind my nephew, giving him crap, saying the same thing but right up behind him, too close. So i turned around and got between them and told them they had said it enough and it wasn't funny anymore. One of them backed away but the other one kept walking by and said "no, it's never enough" but kept walking with a tough look on his face. So i popped back at him that it was definitely enough. 

Two drunk Bengals fans were about to get their asses kicked but fortunately for them, they wised up and moved along. 

Moral of the story? Don't be a dunk asshole towards fans that are wearing different jerseys because it's just a football game. And especially don't be a drunk asshole to one of my family members because it won't end well for you.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I had similar experience a few years back. In '11, I believe. It was the season Manning was out for the Colts and before they got Luck. We were putting a beat-down on the ponies and there were a group of guys, all ages, heckling some Colts fans that appeared to be in their late 50's/early 60's and that were seated in the row behind us. Not wanting to take on five drunk assholes in the upper deck, I spoke to the usher on a trip out to the concourse. He told me unless they were making physical threats against these people, there wasn't a whole lot he could do. After the final gun, on the way out, my buddy and I stopped and apologized to these fans and told them not to associate all Bengals fans with those jerks.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Bengals fans could have set those dudes straight. They wanted to have a rowdy good time; someone should have whooped it up with them and at the same time dialed down their antagonism. It's a careful procedure only a true enabler like myself could perform.

I think you need to give me your tickets for the Texans game, just to be safe.

Cool
Reply/Quote
First off WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!

Second, too long; didn't read.
Reply/Quote
Dammit I'm trying to upload a picture I took of the guys but it says file is too large. Oh well. Anyways thanks for the replies and who dey!
Reply/Quote
Welcome to the boards!

Where's Sam Wyche's "you don't live in Cleveland" speech you need it?

Reply/Quote
Thanks for posting about this.

Post those pics.  I'd like to see who these guys are.  You might be surprised that someone might actually recognize them.

On a much lesser side note...

Whenever they show shots of the crowd at the stadium it irks the hell out of me. 

Especially when there is a crucial play for our defense about to happen. 

You see people looking disinterested and a few people with sour pusses because the have to stand and not cheering.

These fans embarrass the hell out of me. 

Why bother going to the game if you're not going to be into it?

This isn't the 90s for God's sake.  The team is undefeated.

I saw this stuff first hand when I went to a game last season.  Just pathetic.  *rant over*
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
You can always count on some drunk fools to act like drunk fools when they're drunk at a football game. It was probably Tiger Teeth.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Other fans should expect to get some shit, but enough is enough.

At the home opener in 2012 I had a couple of Browns fans next to me in the south end zone.  They were barking every time the Browns made a play.  A guy in front of me (in a Rudi Johnson jersey) turned around and spit at them.  In the process he got me too.  He received a 4 on 1 thumping from the Browns fans, my buddy, and myself.  He and his lowlife broad were ejected, and we got to stay (thanks to other fans telling the cops what had happened).  I see nonsense going on at every game I go to, but nothing like that.

People act like that because they feel like they have safety in numbers.  Unfortunately, sometimes people cross the line of human decency.  The guy probably thought he was gonna get his props and high fives from other Bengals fans.  Instead he got his ass whipped, and had to leave.  I wonder what his version of that story sounds like. 
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
It was mostly the guy in the Orange hat but his goon friends were chiming in plenty.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
Sorry they are grainy. I had to screenshot them off my cousins snapchat video

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 08:56 PM)DatdudeTE Wrote: Dammit I'm trying to upload a picture I took of the guys but it says file is too large. Oh well. Anyways thanks for the replies and who dey!

Upload it to a file hosting site and post the link, i wanna see these pricks. I like to tell other fans their team sucks and etc., but it is all in jest, i respect their right to root for their team, no matter where they are.
Reply/Quote
Insecure idiots. Rest assured this behavior is almost always symptomatic of their own pathetic unhappy lives. They deserve to be shamed publicly, but are already miserable so whatever.

Also, it's the Browns, their fans have suffered like we have, have a heart.
Reply/Quote
High and tight: the asshole haircut.
Reply/Quote
Because of people and their bad behavior who think paying for a ticket gives them license to treat others like garbage I don't go to games. Once upon a time I did go to games, but maybe it's age, maybe I just don't like crowds and maybe I prefer the comfort of my own living room and big tv.. At home it's peaceful, quiet and I don't have to stand in a river of piss and stand in line to take a leak. Plus at home I don't have to worry about the weather or whether some drunken asswipe is going to puke down my neck ..
Have fun at the games, but I'm watching on the TV ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 08:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: First off WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!

Second, too long; didn't read.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    SO ANNOYING!!!  NATE!!!!!!!!  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing so hard I am crying HAHHAHAAA!!
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 09:24 PM)DatdudeTE Wrote: Sorry they are grainy. I had to screenshot them off my cousins snapchat video

That looks like some physical contact going on....     At the pitt game and i thought one dude was going to get punched.. I actually felt bad for Pittsburgh guy cause he told people to calm down..  I like to think Bengal Fans are not prone to do this kind of behavior but I guess they are ....  but Bengal fans should not do this kind of stuff... honestly like to think we are better than that... 

WE are not CLEVELAND...  lol..
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 09:46 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: High and tight: the asshole haircut.

The asshole haircut?

Your mood says Patriotic, yet you call the haircut of the US Serviceman the "asshole" haircut.

What's up with that?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote