Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday Night Football Experience
OP should have texted the jerk line.

Glad you shed some light on it.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 08:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: First off WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!

Second, too long; didn't read.

Then shut the hell up
Reply/Quote
Dude, Browns fans are total dickwads. Go to a Cleveland game in Cleveland. Browns fans deserve it, plain and simple.

I talked so much smack back when Manziel lost 30-0 in CLE with my AJ Green jersey on and my girlfriend's Sanu jersey. We got people kicked out of the game for how they were acting. Cleveland is trash and their fans follow suit. There's spitting, there's decking people in the face. I had the guy next to me kicked out for being piss ass drunk and a dick, he got replaced with a Bengals fan with a black eye.

Unfortunately this is NFL now, you come into someone else's stadium - watch out.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 09:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Visiting fans are going to have to expect verbal abuse.  But it should never become physical.  As soon as someone is touched or hit by something thrown it is time to start ejecting fools.

This, and I will add that once the game is no longer the focus and the verbal abuse starts flying, security should issue a warning.   If the warning isn't followed, then it is time to go.  My section has not had any problems for at least a decade.  Early on, it was hammered Bengals fans that were the instigators to ANY fan of the opposite team.  Once security got called to our section a few times, they seemed to frequently "pass by" during the games to check on the area.  It calmed things down right away.  

I get the taunting that goes on between fans, but I HATE the fan of the other team that turns to the crowd behind them and taunts the entire section after their team does something positive.  Although i don't have the authority to do anything about it (and, yes, they can look wherever they want), I usually just point to the field and say "The game is out there, not up here".   

I believe the security at PBS is really, really good.  They don't give second chances.  Once they get called to a section, and 99% of the people all point to the problem, they are gone.  I only wish during games against the steelers there were more of them.  Just their presence, sticking their heads out from under the tunnels, often calms things before they escalate. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 03:07 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Dude, Browns fans are total dickwads. Go to a Cleveland game in Cleveland. Browns fans deserve it, plain and simple.

I talked so much smack back when Manziel lost 30-0 in CLE with my AJ Green jersey on and my girlfriend's Sanu jersey. We got people kicked out of the game for how they were acting. Cleveland is trash and their fans follow suit. There's spitting, there's decking people in the face. I had the guy next to me kicked out for being piss ass drunk and a dick, he got replaced with a Bengals fan with a black eye.

Unfortunately this is NFL now, you come into someone else's stadium - watch out.

I understand that this is the way things may be, but I think it should be addressed.  Why is baseball not this way?  Remember the father and son that went to every stadium one summer?  If a father and son attempted that in the NFL, they better be pretty tough.  That's stupid.  The NFL should force owners to increase security and make a fan-friendly experience for anyone that bought a ticket.  

I try to take my father on one "travel game" a year.  Now my son is old enough to come.  We got to attend the Detroit game in 2005, and the Lion's fans couldn't have been nicer.  Great stadium, too.  

The NFL is already having trouble with decreased attendance at games.  Sure, everyone loves watching on TV, but the fan experience must improve for the trend to stop and keep stadiums full.  

As an owner, I would want all my fans to feel 100% safe at our games and I would invest extra $ in security to ensure that so our stands are full.  I can take care of myself, but I don't want to do that at a football game, especially with my family present.  I shouldn't have to...ever.  
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 09:12 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You can always count on some drunk fools to act like drunk fools when they're drunk at a football game.  It was probably Tiger Teeth.

Unfortunately Tiger Teeth can't afford tickets in section 248.  And anyway, I get "happy" when I drink, sugar pie.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 07:25 PM)jason Wrote: What am I supposed to wash the cottonmouth away with?

Ice-cold water and Nachos.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 09:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I understand that this is the way things may be, but I think it should be addressed.  Why is baseball not this way?  Remember the father and son that went to every stadium one summer?  If a father and son attempted that in the NFL, they better be pretty tough.  That's stupid.  The NFL should force owners to increase security and make a fan-friendly experience for anyone that bought a ticket.  

I try to take my father on one "travel game" a year.  Now my son is old enough to come.  We got to attend the Detroit game in 2005, and the Lion's fans couldn't have been nicer.  Great stadium, too.  

The NFL is already having trouble with decreased attendance at games.  Sure, everyone loves watching on TV, but the fan experience must improve for the trend to stop and keep stadiums full.  

As an owner, I would want all my fans to feel 100% safe at our games and I would invest extra $ in security to ensure that so our stands are full.  I can take care of myself, but I don't want to do that at a football game, especially with my family present.  I shouldn't have to...ever.  

Maybe I have just been lucky, but I have never had anything like this happen.  I have sat by visiting fans at PBS and I have attended a Bengals game in Nashville wearing my "colors".  

I know it happens, but I just don't think it is as common as some people claim.

But I do only attend about one game a year.  So I admit that my experience is limited.  I also usually sit in the lower sections that are mostly season ticket holders.  That might make a big difference.  But even outside the stadium I have never seen anything but the expected verbal jabs.  Never anything too ugly. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 03:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe I have just been lucky, but I have never had anything like this happen.  I have sat by visiting fans at PBS and I have attended a Bengals game in Nashville wearing my "colors".  

I know it happens, but I just don't think it is as common as some people claim.

But I do only attend about one game a year.  So I admit that my experience is limited.  I also usually sit in the lower sections that are mostly season ticket holders.  That might make a big difference.  But even outside the stadium I have never seen anything but the expected verbal jabs.  Never anything too ugly. 

well generally i think it has to do with the fact that when people have a good time they dont raise complaints.
Reply/Quote
As someone who travels to many Bengals away games a year I hate to hear some of "our" fans acted in this manner. Going into an away stadium is always a crap shoot and my opinion is for the most part you will get treated on how you act.

With the exception of Pittsburgh and Buffalo all the other stadiums I have been to (14 others) the fans have been welcome and accommodating. The two friendliest were Kansas City and Oakland with most others falling in between.

Unless someone is being a jerk and obnoxious there is no need to be a jerk to someone. Whats the old saying treat others on how you want to be treated holds firm here.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 04:06 PM)corpjet Wrote: As someone who travels to many Bengals away games a year I hate to hear some of "our" fans acted in this manner.  Going into an away stadium is always a crap shoot and my opinion is for the most part you will get treated on how you act.

With the exception of Pittsburgh and Buffalo all the other stadiums I have been to (14 others) the fans have been welcome and accommodating.  The two friendliest were Kansas City and Oakland with most others falling in between.

Unless someone is being a jerk and obnoxious there is no need to be a jerk to someone. Whats the old saying treat others on how you want to be treated holds firm here.

I've only been to two Bengals games, both in Seattle. I'll say that our fans were more embarrassing, but it was towards other Bengals fans. When I went to the 2011 game, so fans were wearing throwback jerseys to when our uniforms looked like the Browns. A couple of other Bengals fans walked up to them and said it was insulting to wear a Browns uniform with Ken Anderson's name on it. Then it turned into a kindergarten "No it isn't/yes it is" argument.

My first thought was, this older fan knows about Ken Anderson, but not our original uniforms?

Most Seattle fans are fine, but there's the usual group that try to make life hell for opposing fans.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
When I had season tix, most everyone around me was a season ticket holder, and we had zero problems.

And am I the only one bothered that rfaulk allows his nephew to be a Steelers fan?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 06:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: When I had season tix, most everyone around me was a season ticket holder, and we had zero problems.  

And am I the only one bothered that rfaulk allows his nephew to be a Steelers fan?

He was born in Oakland while his dad was in the Navy. He doesn't hide the fact he's a bandwagonner. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 10:09 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Opposing football fans are not nor should never be welcomed into the Jungle.

The goal is to make them miserable so they don't come back and a Bengal's fan rooting for our team occupies their seats.

That said, there is over the top rude and it appears this was over the top.

I also travel from time to time and have gone to Cleveland several times. The Browns fans have attacked me verbally each game and once tried to start a fight with me at the half so I expect rude behavior on the road.

I don't agree at all with your first two sentences.  It's the team on the field that should make a visiting fan's stadium experience miserable.  It's not the responsibility of some drunk knucklehead with an IQ lower than their shoe size.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 06:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: When I had season tix, most everyone around me was a season ticket holder, and we had zero problems.  

My section used to be all season ticket holders but with an 8-0 team, those tickets can now go for over double the face value, especially for a primetime game. So I'm pretty sure the other season ticket holders are selling them to these types of people and taking the profit. For the Thursday night game, my ticket was valued at around $200 on StubHub when I paid $80 for it (it would take a lot more than $200 for me to miss a game though).

My expectations for the section aren't much higher for the Monday Night game but I will be much quicker to use the Jerk Line this time.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 02:08 PM)DatdudeTE Wrote: My section used to be all season ticket holders but with an 8-0 team, those tickets can now go for over double the face value, especially for a primetime game. So I'm pretty sure the other season ticket holders are selling them to these types of people and taking the profit. For the Thursday night game, my ticket was valued at around $200 on StubHub when I paid $80 for it (it would take a lot more than $200 for me to miss a game though).

My expectations for the section aren't much higher for the Monday Night game but I will be much quicker to use the Jerk Line this time.

Since I usually only go to one game a year I always got the best ticket I could.  I don't know if it was because I was just looking for one ticket, but i could find real good seats to almost any game.  

I'd say they are harder to get this year though.  I haven't looked.  I am waiting to go to the playoff game.
Reply/Quote