Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for a coaching change?
If the Bengals start the season at 1-3, is it time for a complete coaching change?
Reply/Quote
They'll beat Miami. But I see what you're saying

Reply/Quote
We needed a coaching change a while ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
To who, Bruce Coslet?
Reply/Quote
Yeah.....I think someone needs a reminder on who owns and runs this organization.

If 2010 or the embarrassing loss to SD in the playoffs a couple years ago didn't signal the end of Lewis' tenure nothing short of his retirement will see him leave the sidelines.
Reply/Quote
It's been time for years. Not going to happen.

Marvin Lewis will coach this team as long as he wants. The fact that he's still employed after 14 years and 0 playoff wins should be evidence enough of that. No other team in the league would put up with mediocrity that long.

Reply/Quote
Marvin is here until he chooses to retire.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
They've allowed two really good coaches to walk out of the building. The change should have been made to Zimmer, before he hit the road.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If our FO had any balls Zimmer would've been our HC.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They've allowed two really good coaches to walk out of the building.  The change should have been made to Zimmer, before he hit the road.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This in spades!!!! That's the one guy out of ALL our Coordinators that should have been made HC!!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:06 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: If our FO had any balls Zimmer would've been our HC.

Yup.  They'll regret letting Zimmer go.  Mark my words.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:52 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: If the Bengals start the season at 1-3, is it time for a complete coaching change?

It was time after the 2010 season.
Reply/Quote
Marvin sucks. He's the overseer of a talent-wasting operation.
Reply/Quote
I don't care who they get Marvin Lewis is terrible. I said it when they let Zimmer go it was a bad move make him head coach, but Brown stays with Lewis. Proof this team is a joke from top to bottom same head coach over 10 years with no playoff wins. No other owner would stand for it. Only problem is no real talented head coach wants to come to Cincy and work for Brown. Top 5 team in talent several years in a row and not even a single playoff win. Worst front office in the history of NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:11 PM)GodFather Wrote: It was time after the 2010 season.

Yeah, but the Palmer wouldn't have left and we wouldn't have Andy and Gio and Dre. 
Reply/Quote
They can start out 1-5 (which is a possibility imo tho a bit doubtful), and Marvin wont get fired nor anyone else.

Bengals simply dont operate like that.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
It was time for a coaching change before Zimmer left Cincinnati. Never should have let the guy walk out the door. He's up in Minnesota beating Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton with Sam Bradford and no AP.

Meanwhile Marvin Lewis is losing to some dude named Semen because he went into prevent O and D with 10 minutes left in the game and only a 1 point lead.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Coaching change probably should have happened after 2008 and DEFINITELY should have happened after 2010, but keep dreaming. He's too chummy with our owner. Marvin's here until Mike Brown passes away or Marvin retires, whichever happens first.
Reply/Quote
To make it even more crazy you never hear rumblings that Marvin Lewis is in danger of being fired. It's so bizarre. Just think 20 plus years without a single playoff win. A record that may stand for all time.
Reply/Quote
This team has no discipline. NE still kicks ass with a 3rd string rookie QB cause they have a real coach. You dont see players giving up on plays, taking themselves out of the game, bonehead penalty's. I have watched teams score on us while our line is being held over and over and Marvin does nothing. Between the refs and the way this team looks i cant bare to watch anymore. As bad as we look we still had control of this game in the first quarter till the refs took control then we just crumble. I dont see this team making the playoffs this year. I know its early but with the ways things are going Eifert and Burfict are not going to save us from ourselves. Both lines suck, our D is pathetic and the play calling is a joke. Hard to overcome the refs playing as poor as we do.
Reply/Quote