Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Time to Move on From Joe.
Well I know I am going to get a lot of hate and probably thrown up on but we should start preparing as if Joe does not come back. So what is the plan? If he does come back next year great but I am not hopeful he is coming back like expected Joe to lead the Team for the next 10-12 years. If he does Great but damaged goods is damaged goods. So what are some real QB scenarios?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:50 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: So what are some real QB scenarios?

Joe comes back and leads this franchise. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:50 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Well I know I am going to get a lot of hate and probably thrown up on but we should start preparing as if Joe does not come back.  So what is the plan?  If he does come back next year great but I am not hopeful he is coming back like expected Joe to lead the Team for the next 10-12 years. If he does Great but damaged goods is damaged goods.  So what are some real QB scenarios?

Burrow will be back.  He has no quit in him.  Look at what he did with no OTA, no preseason games.   He is a stud.  If Palmer, a player who quit on this team can come back in 8 months from what appears to be a similar injury if not worse, then Burrow will recover fully.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Burrow will be back.  He has no quit in him.  Look at what he did with no OTA, no preseason games.   He is a stud.  If Palmer, a player who quit on this team can come back in 8 months from what appears to be a similar injury if not worse, then Burrow will recover fully.  

I like how Palmer demanding a trade in 2011 means he never wanted to play football.  Makes you wonder how Boomer fooled us all into thinking he was competitive when he also demanded a trade eventually. 

Meanwhile John "I'll retire immediately if the Colts take me" Elway has 2 rings and is in the HOF.  Makes you wonder.
Reply/Quote
Joe or no Joe the plan should remain the same. Fix the O-line and draft some pass rushers.
Reply/Quote
That dude from the Texans that traded away De Andre Hopkins takes the reins in KC and then trades us Mahomes for John Ross and Michael Jordan

GB decides it's time to start Jordan Love and want Zac Taylor to be his mentor, so they trade Aaron Rodgers to us for Zac Taylor

We draft 3rd in the draft behind Jets and Jags. Jets decide to give Darnold one more year and go punter #1OA and the Jags like what they have in Lutton and go long snapper, no one moves up and we take Lawrence with the 3rd pick

Kenny Anderson feels he still has a little left in the tank and comes back and leads us to all the Superbowlz
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Time to move on from Ryan. This guy's arms don't look strong enough to hold a clip board.
[Image: c3ittw0kn9o619gk4ed7.jpg]

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-teammates-rally-to-burrow-finley-readies-for-giants-green-s-sweet-and
Click on this fluff piece and scroll down to see the avatar for the Finley video. He looks more like a high school tennis player than an NFL quarterback. I still can't believe that they traded up to get this guy. Who did they think was going to draft him?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
What a dumb thread. I'm sorry, but this is ludicrous.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
If Ryan Thinley can survive behind this line we might have to field some questions about Burrow's toughness. I'm not saying that's fair, but damn...he's so thin. He's like Tommy Tune.
Reply/Quote
WTF, stop day drinking.

Edit: Forgot its actually 5pm on the east coast... carry on.
Reply/Quote
What I can’t wait to move on from is 2020!

It’s the most Bengal thing ever to give us a franchise QB and then take him right back in such horrific fashion.

In addition to that, all 3 AFCN opponents are going to make the playoffs and the Steelers will somehow manage an undefeated Super Bowl year.

Whoopee...
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:50 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Well I know I am going to get a lot of hate and probably thrown up on but we should start preparing as if Joe does not come back.  So what is the plan?  If he does come back next year great but I am not hopeful he is coming back like expected Joe to lead the Team for the next 10-12 years. If he does Great but damaged goods is damaged goods.  So what are some real QB scenarios?

You have to stick with Burrow. Getting a new QB already is going to put him in the same situation Burrow is in.
Instead, focus on building up the team around the QB. If Burrow comes back to normal, he'll have a better team. If he doesn't, the Bengals can bring a new QB into a better team than Burrow was brought into.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This take is so hot my blackberry just became cobbler.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I think we need to start a thread to compile a list of all the players (especially QB’s) who’ve come back from similar injuries to Burrow’s. Maybe that would stop some of this nonsense.

I was guilty of being very doom and gloom right after it happened, but I see no reason to think he won’t be able to recover from this.

Reply/Quote
Convince MB to buy him a bionic knee. They are all the rage. 
Hilarious
Reply/Quote
That's going to be a yikes from me...
Reply/Quote
Hoooollllyyyy Shit! Pass the Tylenol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Brady won five Super Bowls after his ACL injury.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:30 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Brady won five Super Bowls after his ACL injury.

ACL injury and knee replacement big difference
Reply/Quote

Well it sounds like he will be lucky to actually be starting before October... I would be looking at veterans looking for a 1 year contract that could be longer.. something like what Dalton did this year with Dallas.  I could see Winston available after this season.. he could be someone to look at ... or Mariota could be available after this season.  
Reply/Quote