Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Time to move on from Frank Pollack
(10-09-2023, 09:28 AM)Synric Wrote: I could argue Jim Turner was more successful than Frank Pollack has been. Turner was a big part of them completely redesigning the rush offense in the second half of 2019.

Really other than that half year in 2019 the rush offense has been crap. How about we look at more than just the OL Coach and maybe say hey we need someone in here than can design a rushing attack.

I mentioned in the Draft Section I was a fan of Sherrone Moore Michigan OC/OL Coach.

I don't care for Turner as a person, but he had nowhere near the talent on the OL during his tenure as Pollack does, either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Volson continues to not impress against SEA, I personally would try to put Scharping or Carman at LG after the bye week.

Volson reminds me of Michael Jordan.
Interestingly enough, Jordan got 19 starts at LG with the Bengals before they decided to move on, and Volson has 21. Next week will be 22.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 09:46 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Whatever his strengths and weaknesses are, it's clear that he's not getting the players to understand what they are supposed to be doing.  Blown assignments, missed blitz pickups, lack of orchestrated execution on running plays.  Every week they look like 5 guys who just met each other for the first time.

Well I’m not a line guy but it appears to me Pollack is a hat on hat guy. Seems like we need some SF type scheme.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 09:50 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I have a suggestion for a future offensive line coach. How much longer do you think Robert “Rub and Tug” Kraft will tolerate Bill Belichick as head coach?

Man do you throw out some unlikely scenarios. Belichick is not taking a job as a mere position coach. Even if NE wanted to move on (they probably should - his record without Brady speaks for itself) he’d get another HC job, or at the very least DC somewhere.

Reply/Quote
Agreed... I find it hard to believe the guys we got can't be at least league average.

This is a coaching failure.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man do you throw out some unlikely scenarios. Belichick is not taking a job as a mere position coach. Even if NE wanted to move on (they probably should - his record without Brady speaks for itself) he’d get another HC job, or at the very least DC somewhere.

BB makes $20M/year, he's likely going to retire and become an analyst if he feels like he needs something to keep him busy.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: BB makes $20M/year, he's likely going to retire and become an analyst if he feels like he needs something to keep him busy.

Belichick as an analyst would be hilarious. Dour and grumpy are not usually prerequisites for tv. LOL

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: BB makes $20M/year, he's likely going to retire and become an analyst if he feels like he needs something to keep him busy.

I expect the Kraft to make some kinda front office job for Bill when he's done coaching. Senior Defensive Assistant or some kinda Personell guy besides rhe GM. Belicheat is still one of the better defensive minds and defensive talent evaluators in the NFL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 09:48 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Frank, how can you like Volson? The guy is terrible. 

Lmao I don’t really., Sunset was calling him really good. Guy was laughing at me for not buying into Volson lol

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man do you throw out some unlikely scenarios. Belichick is not taking a job as a mere position coach. Even if NE wanted to move on (they probably should - his record without Brady speaks for itself) he’d get another HC job, or at the very least DC somewhere.

I was going to respond similar but figured that take had to have some troll to it and just couldn't be serious.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 11:07 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I was going to respond similar but figured that take had to have some troll to it and just couldn't be serious.

Nah, FIK just likes to be outlandish. Last night it was we should trade Mixon.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 09:47 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Stunts have been an issue for like 4 weeks now. The fact that it isn't fixed and it's stil happening is a refelction on coachin (Pollack).

Honestly, something is going to have to be done about this OL after this season. It just isn't good enough. Volson and Karras have played pretty poorly this year.

This.

And changing players or adding new "talent" hasn't been the answer. The only thing left is changing the Oline coach. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 11:33 AM)jj22 Wrote: This.

And changing players or adding new "talent" hasn't been the answer. The only thing left is changing the Oline coach. 

Yes. But who?
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 11:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah, FIK just likes to be outlandish. Last night it was we should trade Mixon.

Who's to say he's wrong? Are we saying he's not performing because of the line? What was the excuse last year? I agree we should be looking to get something for Mixon while he has a little reputation left. 

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 01:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Who's to say he's wrong? Are we saying he's not performing because of the line? What was the excuse last year? I agree we should be looking to get something for Mixon while he has a little reputation left. 

Anyone even remotely familiar with this team? First of all, you aren’t getting anything for Mixon. But more importantly our RB room would be absolute trash without him.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 09:46 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Whatever his strengths and weaknesses are, it's clear that he's not getting the players to understand what they are supposed to be doing.  Blown assignments, missed blitz pickups, lack of orchestrated execution on running plays.  Every week they look like 5 guys who just met each other for the first time.

Is it a blown assignment if it was never assigned in the first place?   Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 01:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyone even remotely familiar with this team? First of all, you aren’t getting anything for Mixon. But more importantly our RB room would be absolute trash without him.

It's trash with him. Look, I'm not saying he's horrible. He just isn't quite living up to our expectations. 

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 01:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It's trash with him. Look, I'm not saying he's horrible. He just isn't quite living up to our expectations. 

And it would be exponentially more trash without him. A RB room of Chase Brown, Treyveon Williams, and Chris Evans would basically be completely writing off the running game.

At least Mixon will have a couple games a season where he goes off (think Carolina in the regular season and Buffalo in the playoffs last year).

Reply/Quote
Really what we need are two things:

1) Mixon MUST buckle down and learn how to pass protect correctly, including learning WHEN to release out (he tends to do it too soon).

2) The team needs to stop this schizophrenic run game approach where they have a line of Power Gap maulers but run out of shotgun, have nothing like a jumbo set and STILL try to use wide zone concepts. Classic square peg round hole conundrum.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 01:39 PM)Joelist Wrote: Really what we need are two things:

1) Mixon MUST buckle down and learn how to pass protect correctly, including learning WHEN to release out (he tends to do it too soon).

2) The team needs to stop this schizophrenic run game approach where they have a line of Power Gap maulers but run out of shotgun, have nothing like a jumbo set and STILL try to use wide zone concepts. Classic square peg round hole conundrum.

I wish I could upvote this post more than once! It’s a brilliant observation.
Reply/Quote