Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to trade up in draft ?
I was just looking at the draft order and pondering things.

Cards 1st they're probably not going QB. 49ers have Jimmy G so they won't either, Jets just took Darnold.

Then there's the Raiders. Gruden has been rolling the dice a lot and he loves him some Carr.

After that there's several teams that QB could/should be on the menu.

Bucs say Winston is coming back but I wouldn't bet on it. Giants will almost surely go QB with Manning winding down. The Jags have ummm Bortles. Stafford isn't getting younger for the Lions, and Keenum isn't all that inspiring for Denver.

I'm no draft guru but I doubt there will be any QB's left by 11, worth drafting that high.

If we do get a new younger offensive minded HC and new staff would it be time to roll the dice and try and trade up with Gruden ?

Mike Brown hasn't traded up that high in the draft since what early 90's ?

Is it time ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 10:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I was just looking at the draft order and pondering things.

Cards 1st they're probably not going QB. 49ers have Jimmy G so they won't either, Jets just took Darnold.

Then there's the Raiders. Gruden has been rolling the dice a lot and he loves him some Carr.

After that there's several teams that QB could/should be on the menu.

Bucs say Winston is coming back but I wouldn't bet on it. Giants will almost surely go QB with Manning winding down. The Jags have ummm Bortles. Stafford isn't getting younger for the Lions, and Keenum isn't all that inspiring for Denver.

I'm no draft guru but I doubt there will be any QB's left by 11, worth drafting that high.

If we do get a new younger offensive minded HC and new staff would it be time to roll the dice and try and trade up with Gruden ?

Mike Brown hasn't traded up that high in the draft since what early 90's ?

Is it time ?
We don't need a QB, we need offensive linemen and linebackers
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We don't need a QB, we need offensive linemen and linebackers

This.

Historic bad defense. We need someone in the middle to change it, the mentality. A tough linebacker and someone who can run the field.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We don't need a QB, we need offensive linemen and linebackers

I know, but the more I think about it the more I'm on the fence.

Brand new HC's and staff's, large turnovers, usually prefer to start fresh.
Reply/Quote
As much as I like Haskins and think he is the real deal, a difference maker, I still think he needs a year or two to develop. I do not think he could come in as a rookie and unseat Dalton. Like it or not, Dalton is the Bengals QB for the next two years.

If the Bengals had a decent offense line, I would entertain the trade. But the trade could set the team back for years in fixing other issues. They have so many holes.

I think the team needs to draft a stud linebacker, and fix the O-Line.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Gotta go after Josh Allen. Can rush from the end and cover tight ends as a linebacker
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:11 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Gotta go after Josh Allen. Can rush from the end and cover tight ends as a linebacker

Won't make it past 2
Reply/Quote
This team gave up the most points in the NFL, and had trouble scoring on any team with a semblance of a defense. It's time to build the trenches, we're fine at QB for a while.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I know, but the more I think about it the more I'm on the fence.

Brand new HC's and staff's, large turnovers, usually prefer to start fresh.

Horrible draft class for QBs, at least that is what it looks like. 

If the Bengals trade up for a QB this year, it will be a laughingstock. Draft offensive line and LBers, take a QB in 2020 after Dalton is done.
Reply/Quote
If we hire an offensive mind and he has a QB he wants, then I'd have no problem with it. Now if we get a defensive mind I'd likewise have no problem with moving up and taking the LB out of LSU. I'd prefer the kid out of UK, but he doesn't fit our personnel/ scheme.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:23 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Horrible draft class for QBs, at least that is what it looks like. 

If the Bengals trade up for a QB this year, it will be a laughingstock. Draft offensive line and LBers, take a QB in 2020 after Dalton is done.

Folks thought KC were silly for trading up in that poor QB draft class. 

Reply/Quote
Hmm, not sure anyone in this draft is worth trading up that high for. I like Drew Lock, but I'm not completely sold. He has a CANNON though.

I'm interested in Tyree Jackson when he comes out in the draft. Just because it would be so different from our past few QBs, and fun to have a dude at that size at the QB position.

But if we did somehow get Lock this year, I won't lie, I'd be pretty excited.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:19 PM)ah5 Wrote: Won't make it past 2

Nah Quinnim Williams from Alabama will probably be drafted ahead of him at 2. Also come combine time I think Polite and Burns might steel his thunder a bit at Edge.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I don't believe in trading up if I were the Bengals I would look to trade down to get multiple picks. Or trade a veteran Like Green, Dalton, or Bernard ( or all three) for as many picks as I can get (As long as it is good value).
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Does Gruden love Carr? Gruden seems to be the bigesst and boldest liar in the NFL, so I'm not sold.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If we hire an offensive mind and he has a QB he wants, then I'd have no problem with it. Now if we get a defensive mind I'd likewise have no problem with moving up and taking the LB out of LSU. I'd prefer the kid out of UK, but he doesn't fit our personnel/ scheme.

What scheme would that be?  Has our new HC and DC determined what alignment they want to run on defense?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Does Gruden love Carr?  Gruden seems to be the bigesst and boldest liar in the NFL, so I'm not sold.

I personally don't think Carr will be the starter in OAK (or where ever they play) next year. He is going to look for someone flashy to take to Vegas. 

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Does Gruden love Carr?  Gruden seems to be the bigesst and boldest liar in the NFL, so I'm not sold.

That's been the narrative all year. Perhaps that's all BS and speculation ?
Reply/Quote
I'm more for OL and LBs in this draft. We'll see who declares for the draft, but I'm a firm believer in controlling the line of scrimmage is essential to winning in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
It doesn't seem like there a whole lot of talented o lineman coming out. Maybe we go LB in the first and sign 2 FA o lineman.
Reply/Quote