Poll: Who wins?
Titans win
Bengals win
Too close to call
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Titans Divisional Playoff Game Prediction Thread
Alright, boys and girls, it's time to go on the record. Predict the winner and give us a score for Saturday's game.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I like the Bengals in this one, 31-26.

I was only off 2 pts for each team in the raiders game so you can take this prediction (+-2) to the bank. I’m basically Nostradamus (+-2).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Henry scares me a little but our run defense is pretty good.

Reply/Quote
Worried about DL depth.

If Henderickson plays I think the Bengals are heading to the AFC Championship game.

If he doesn't - too close to call.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:15 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Henry scares me a little but our run defense is pretty good.

Or it was before the Raiders game.  I am hoping the scheme is more important that the players because are DL is hurting... bad..
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:19 AM)M.W. Wrote: Or it was before the Raiders game.  I am hoping the scheme is more important that the players because are DL is hurting... bad..

This. With all the injuries Carr had basically all day to throw outside of a couple plays. I doubt our run D is going to improve with PS players. 

Before I liked this match-up but losing that many people is one position group is hard to overcome. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals 28
Titans 24

Jesse Bates seals it with a late INT.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24-21.
Randy Bullock misses a potential game-tying FG to give the Bengals a win (Thanks, Randy!)

Note - Given how run-heavy the Titans are, I'm glad Hill and Reader are healthy. They are good interior run defenders.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Two important things to remember when consider this matchup:

1. We matched up with them very well last year, and I think we know this is a far better performing Bengals team this year.
2. It's Ryan Tannehill. Bates/Awuzie, heck even Apple might all get picks on him.

Like others have said, we need D-Line now, which is odd because I've not once thought we'd have troubles in this area. Perhaps Geno comes back?! Not even sure how that'd work from a time perspective, is it 5 days ? if so, it'd have to be today we signed him or anyone for that matter.
Reply/Quote
Burrow > Tannehill

Henry > Mixon

Chase/Higgins/ Boyd > Julio/ AJ Brown/ Westbrook-Ikhine

Uzomah > Swaim

Titans defense #13 > Bengals #16

Bengals ...30
Titans......24

and heading to the AFC Championship game

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Bengals win.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:59 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Two important things to remember when consider this matchup:

1. We matched up with them very well last year, and I think we know this is a far better performing Bengals team this year.
2. It's Ryan Tannehill.  Bates/Awuzie, heck even Apple might all get picks on him.  

Like others have said, we need D-Line now, which is odd because I've not once thought we'd have troubles in this area.  Perhaps Geno comes back?!  Not even sure how that'd work from a time perspective, is it 5 days ?  if so, it'd have to be today we signed him or anyone for that matter.

Another important point. Tennessee has the 2nd best rushing defense in the NFL in terms of yards/game, but only the 25th passing defense. Bengals should have opportunities to move the ball through the air, which is a Bengals strength (7th in passing offense, only 23th in rushing offense).  

On the other hand, Bengals 5th in rushing defense and 26th in passing defense, while Tennessee is 5th in rushing offense and 24th in passing offense.

Never know how will play out with Titans being rested and Henry back and Bengals key DL injured, but just on those statistics, it is a good matchup for the Bengals.  

In other words, based purely on overall team statistics, our offensive strengths are their defensive weaknesses [so Bengals can exploit] and their offensive strengths are our defensive strengths [so maybe can hold our own], and our defensive weaknesses are their offensive weaknesses [so maybe can hold our own].
Reply/Quote
I voted too close to call. Titans are very solid team. The Bengals will. See to get some points up and try to make them play from behind.

Titans lost to the Texans and the Jets but beat the Bills, Chiefs, Rams and 49ers. 2 bad losses but some impressive wins vs a pretty tough schedule. They also lost to the Cards, Patriots and Steelers. They played a lot of the playoff teams this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:18 AM)M.W. Wrote: Worried about DL depth.  

If Henderickson plays I think the Bengals are heading to the AFC Championship game.

If he doesn't - too close to call.

is he still in concussion protocol
Reply/Quote
I forgot to even vote in my own poll Mellow

I'm going with too close to call. Both offenses have decent days, them via running and us via throwing, and the final score is about 34-31.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I just can't get past how thin we are on the defensive line.

Titans take it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow remains undefeated in got to have it games... Bengals win a close one.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:51 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: is he still in concussion protocol

Yes
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:16 PM)jason Wrote: Joe Burrow remains undefeated in got to have it games... Bengals win a close one.

Undefeated in his playoff career!
Reply/Quote
Bengals 42 to 24. Burrow has a big day with 400+ yards and 4 TDs.
Reply/Quote